" The Sanctuary" Tell me about it

Midlo Guys

We are booked on the Regal Princess shortly. Today I looked at the deck plans and what has in the past has been the sky Lounge on many Princess ships has been replaced with " The Sanctuary "  . The Princess website gave some info. on this venue but not a lot.   Whats the deal . Is there now a charge for this area ? Is there something to due here other than just sit. This was once my wifes favorite spot to just sit and read. Thanks

Reserved loungers in a reasonably quiet area (the soft mood music does get a bit tiresome). Children are not allowed. You choose the location of the lounger. Depending on the cruise, you may want to go to the Sanctuary as soon as you board since it can sell out quickly.

It's $40 for a full day, $20 for a half day, and $30 for a full day if you book the entire cruise. These prices are per person. They also have cabanas, but I don't know the pricing for them. 

• Like 1

LOVE the sanctuary, on the REGAL in particular.   (Not as eye pleasing furnishings and set-up area on newer ships)  I am not remembering even noticing music... maybe a different ship or something new?

Yes, you reserve loungers once onboard...   (best if you have priority boarding, as it books up). Rush up there the moment you board.

Loungers are 40.00 per day...  and they are also available by 1/2 day for $20.00 per day.

I highly recommend if you are on a warm weather cruise.  

Especially if it is not especially hot weather, as there is not a lot of total shade.

When we book, we spend every hour we can there...  we take in some breakfast..  Grab croissants, fruit, etc..  and they set us up with fresh hot coffee, etc..  We usually have the place almost to ourselves when it opens.  

Here is the video you should check out:

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, shellbeachjim said:

Reserved loungers in a reasonably quiet area (the soft mood music does get a bit tiresome). Children are not allowed. You choose the location of the lounger. Depending on the cruise, you may want to go to the Sanctuary as soon as you board since it can sell out quickly.

It's $40 for a full day, $20 for a half day, and $30 for a full day if you book the entire cruise. These prices are per person. They also have cabanas, but I don't know the pricing for them. 

Thank you, my wife is not going to like this.

35 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Can you book for one person, but have either person in the cabin use it at different times ?

I have actually seen people do this and there didn't seem to be an issue.  It's charged to the cabin and you purchase the lounger so as long as only one is in there I can't see how they would have a problem with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Midlo Guys, you quote ‘sky lounge’, I think you have your ships mixed up.

I believe the ‘Sky lounge’ is a feature on Celebrity ships which is a nice open lounge on an upper forward deck with windows. I do not believe Princess ships have ever had a ‘sky lounge’.

The Sanctuary has been on most Princess ships for many, many,  years and has always been a paid to use venue.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Midlo Guys said:

Thank you, my wife is not going to like this.

You guys must not have cruised with Princess for eons.  The Sanctuary has been around for many years.  I am not even sure what you were writing about in the first post.  They are not alone in having an exclusive for-fee area.

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You guys must not have cruised with Princess for eons.  The Sanctuary has been around for many years.  I am not even sure what you were writing about in the first post.  They are not alone in having an exclusive for-fee area.

we sailed a 10 night PC on the Emerald NOV.2022 and a 7 day cruise on the Ruby FEB. 2023.  Since then we have been sailing Celebrity.  My wife just informed me that I am confusing Celebrity with Princess and shes correct. I never even noticed the Sanctuary on the Ruby or the Emerald. Just shows how observant I am.  

• Haha 2

The Sanctuaries on those earlier ships in located up high, kind of on it's own.  so, if you never went all the up, yes it can be missed.

Again, we love the Sanctuary on the first Royal Class ships!

JF, what was the disappointment on those two ships???

Edited by Wishing on a star

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

The Sanctuaries on those earlier ships in located up high, kind of on it's own.  so, if you never went all the up, yes it can be missed.

There was no disappointment. We often switch cruise lines based on destination and price.

4 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

On the Sapphire: service was almost non-existent. We were offered morning tea/coffee/water and some pastries. In the afternoon...nada. When we got hungry, we left. It's not like they were busy, we were almost the only people up there.

On the Discovery: the service was better. We were again almost the only people in there. Can't remember a lot of specifics, but we finally decided it's just not for us.

8 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

On the Sapphire: service was almost non-existent. We were offered morning tea/coffee/water and some pastries. In the afternoon...nada. When we got hungry, we left. It's not like they were busy, we were almost the only people up there.

On the Discovery: the service was better. We were again almost the only people in there. Can't remember a lot of specifics, but we finally decided it's just not for us.

I agree with you there....we were recently on the Sapphire for the 32 day South Pacific sailing. Talk about lack of service!...and we are not very demanding people.  It was horrible...shamefully horrible. We cancelled all of our bookings after 2 visits. You would never know that it should have been the same experience as we have had on the Sky, Regal and Enchanted.