Princess plus

TheGooch

Hello, we are trying to determine if the plus package makes purchasing sense.  We really only need 1 wifi device for emergencies  ( i will be trying to unplug.

The tips are 224 and the wifi 105 , which leaves 511$

I do not know how much the rest of the included services are and am having a hard time finding those figures to determine if its cost effective for us to get the package. We do not drink much alcohol at all, but would utilize coffee and soda. 

Full disclosure - my partner and I have not sailed on Princess since this was implemented, but we have 2 upcoming voyages booked and did a lot of thinking and research on this exact question.

We are not drinkers, per se, and are indifferent to the WiFi and Gratuity charges as we view them as 'just part of the cost'. What we do like are mocktails, the premium coffees, and being able to dine at the specialty restaurant twice during the voyage. The premium desserts just seem very unappealing to us compared to other options that were available on our previous voyage. And when it comes to alcohol, between the two of us, we might have a martini each.

We determined that not having Plus and paying for the WiFi, gratuity, and the soda package resulted in a minimal difference in price (in our opinion) compared to Plus, particularly when the other things included in Plus were factored in and decided to opt for plus.

Edited by AlpacaBag
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

yes I did see that post, but it wasnt clear... at the charges for the ocean ready and casual dining per person or per room? how much are the deserts? how much are the fitness classes?

OceanReady is $15 per person per voyage one time.

Room service is $ per delivery.

Premium Desserts are $12

Casual dining meals are $15, the higher end restaurants are $39

Unsure about fitness classes.

(I'm rounding up to the nearest whole dollar with those prices, btw)

Edited by AlpacaBag

1 hour ago, TheGooch said:

yes I did see that post, but it wasn't clear... at the charges for the ocean ready and casual dining per person or per room? how much are the deserts? how much are the fitness classes?

1 hour ago, AlpacaBag said:

OceanReady is $15 per person per voyage one time.

Room service is $ per delivery.

Premium Desserts are $12

Casual dining meals are $15, the higher end restaurants are $39

(I'm rounding up to the nearest whole dollar with those prices, btw)

Most couples report buying it once (if not on the package) and that one person does the Ocean Now (not Ready - that's the pre-cruise enrollment) ordering.  You can beat the RS $5 charge by not ordering via cabin phone - use the App with delivery to the cabin.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Our recent booking included Princess Plus.

This was from a UK TA.

Interesting... it sounds like and I could be wrong - so forgive me for being somewhat assumptive - that they sold you on that by default and didn't even ask if you wanted the base fare. Did they ask about upgrading you to Premier?

Though, on the other hand, if you have used that particular TA frequently, they may know your preferences by now (any good TA would), shoot, mine even knows my preferred cabin number.

5 minutes ago, AlpacaBag said:

Interesting... it sounds like and I could be wrong - so forgive me for being somewhat assumptive - that they sold you on that by default and didn't even ask if you wanted the base fare. Did they ask about upgrading you to Premier?

Though, on the other hand, if you have used that particular TA frequently, they may know your preferences by now (any good TA would), shoot, mine even knows my preferred cabin number.

Ist time with that TA.

Their advert included Gratuities, so we jumped on it as Celebrity now only offer Classic drinks package and Wi-Fi in their All Included.

1 minute ago, upwarduk said:

Ist time with that TA.

Their advert included Gratuities, so we jumped on it as Celebrity now only offer Classic drinks package and Wi-Fi in their All Included.

If it was worth it and you had a great time, that's what matters! 🙂

• Like 1

Effective January 22, pricing for a la carte MedallionNet WiFi packages purchased pre-cruise is increasing, with onboard pricing for a la carte MedallionNet WiFi packages increasing on voyages embarking January 31 and beyond.
This change does not affect pricing for Princess Plus and Princess Premier bundles (BUNDLE PRICING IS NOT INCREASING), further enhancing the incredible value of these inclusive packages.
Princess Plus and Princess Premier bundles are already the best value in cruising and this recent adjustment to MedallionNet pricing makes this value even greater, giving guests one inclusive price for the things they typical purchase on board - MedallionNet, drinks, crew appreciation and specialty/casual dining options and more.
One Device (full voyage)
Current Price: $14.99 per day
Updated Price: $24.99 per day
One Device (single day)
Current Price: $19.99 per day
Updated Price: $29.99 per day
Four Devices (full voyage)
Current Price: $39.99 per day
Updated Price: $44.99 per day
Four Devices (single day)
Current Price: $39.99 per day
Updated Price: $54.99 per day

5 hours ago, AlpacaBag said:

Last time I checked, they were $20 but I think some classes might be more.

3 hours ago, AlpacaBag said:

Some TAs throw in Plus as a bonus though. To get you to book through them or because you are a loyal customer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MacMadame said:

Last time I checked, they were $20 but I think some classes might be more.

Some TAs throw in Plus as a bonus though. To get you to book through them or because you are a loyal customer.

That YouTube Princess lady lets go(this morning UK) says now $30 for a fitness class with no free ones available.

Princess will keep putting up the price of stuff along with adding more charges for what was included in base fare until more buy the Plus&Premium.

UK TA may say included, its £50pppd on base fare unless a princess promotion, TA may discount the total a bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, insidecabin said:

That YouTube Princess lady lets go(this morning UK) says now $30 for a fitness class with no free ones available.

No free ones in the fitness center, sure. But there is no way they can realistically charge for things like Zumba on the pool deck. How would they manage that? People wander in and out of those classes and there is no entry point to sign people in and out.

Wish they would include choosing your own cabin location as part of the Plus package. Have chosen a different line because of Princess never seeming to offer me the ability to choose a cabin.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, robbinsca said:

Wish they would include choosing your own cabin location as part of the Plus package. Have chosen a different line because of Princess never seeming to offer me the ability to choose a cabin.

Is this due more to the fact that a sailing is closer to being sold out than having to do with the Princess Plus package? I’ve got a cruise booked for 2025, have the Princess Premier package (but also checked Plus before booking), and both allowed me to choose my own cabin. 

1 hour ago, robbinsca said:

Very strange. We have the Plus Fare and we picked our own cabin with no problem.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 1:00 PM, TheGooch said:

Hello, we are trying to determine if the plus package makes purchasing sense.  We really only need 1 wifi device for emergencies  ( i will be trying to unplug.

The tips are 224 and the wifi 105 , which leaves 511$

I do not know how much the rest of the included services are and am having a hard time finding those figures to determine if its cost effective for us to get the package. We do not drink much alcohol at all, but would utilize coffee and soda. 

Here are all of the included items with the cost in the Plus Fare as of when we booked so it is the cheaper WiFi rate. I hope this helps!

pluspackage.jpg

47 minutes ago, jean-lynd said:

Here are all of the included items with the cost in the Plus Fare as of when we booked so it is the cheaper WiFi rate. I hope this helps!

pluspackage.jpg

This doesn't include the newest items (added Aug 2023) such as the 2 casual dining meals, room service delivery and Ocean Now activation fee.

No one's Travel Summary includes those, even though they are items included Plus and Premier.. 

58 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

This doesn't include the newest items (added Aug 2023) such as the 2 casual dining meals, room service delivery and Ocean Now activation fee.

No one's Travel Summary includes those, even though they are items included Plus and Premier.. 

True - so that would increase the value by $35/per person if you use the 2 casual meals ($14.99 plus the 18% service charge) and $14.99/per person for the Ocean Now activation fee! So another $50/per person. Kind of hard to put a value on the room service since that would be included with Ocean Now.