LIVE!!! ICON OF THE SEAS INAUGURAL

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Let me know where and when. Maybe after dinner sometime at one of the bars?

I didn't realize until a little while ago that tonight is Lobster night 😋  in MDR

• Like 3

Hi - a few questions on entertainment

It looks like there are 3 headlines.  It seems that the second production show and second aqua show are not yet listed.  Does anyone know when those two shows are expected to go live?

Once the last two shows are added, does anyone know if there will still be one headliner show per cruise, instead of the current 3?

Does anyone know what the liars club is listed under comedy club?

Does anyone know if the comedians will do a second full audience late night show in the theater on the final night, like is done on the Wonder?

For music hall - does anyone know if royal is bringing back the cover bands like they used to have on the anthem and some other ships?  On those ships the house band now seems to play in music hall.  Given phoenix listed, I’m wondering if each cruise will have a featured cover band musical act or if this is only being done for the first few cruises.

Thanks!

Also, a few speciality dining questions if anyone happens to come across the answer.  Hope everyone currently aboard is having an amazing cruise.

I’m wondering - are there fewer options for speciality dining than on the wonder?

Also of the speciality dining, are there fewer restaurants where the dining package would work without an extra fee?

Wonder had

mason jar

wonderland

150 central park

izumi

hooked

chops

giovanis

icon seems to have

izumi

hooked

chops

giovanis

-extra and limited space - celebration table

-extra and very limited space - empire supper club

Is there no 150 Central Park on icon?  Besides chops and Giovani's, are there other nice upper end restaurants that would be included in a dining package (we usually do chops, 150 Central Park plus wonderland or Giovani's on wonder for dining package nicer dinners and then mason jar and hooked for casual lunches).

Thanks!

• Like 2

I read on the blog that the current sailing is 5000-5500, so far below capacity.  I think it’s supposed to remain at ~80% for the first few sailings and that they will ramp up capacity slowly.

• Like 2

For those onboard. Hows crowding issues? Is it feeling ok? On the webcam yesterday the deck didn't look as crammed as I thought it might! 

but if she’s only at 80%, how do you think it would feel with 20% more passengers?

I’ll be on at Easter when I expect it to be crammed to the max with kids - including my own! 

• Like 1

I have a question about the pools.  I know there are 7 of them and they look like a lot of fun.  They all look like wading pools though.  Waist high water.  Are any of them deep enough you can actually swim in them, instead of just wade?  I like a deep pool where the water is up to my neck when I’m standing.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, eroller said:

I have a question about the pools.  I know there are 7 of them and they look like a lot of fun.  They all look like wading pools though.  Waist high water.  Are any of them deep enough you can actually swim in them, instead of just wade?  I like a deep pool where the water is up to my neck when I’m standing.  

Videos coming soon but the only one I know, and I have seen them all except the suite pool, is the large pool in Chill Beach called Royal Bay pool deck 15. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

Videos coming soon but the only one I know, and I have seen them all except the suite pool, is the large pool in Chill Beach called Royal Bay pool deck 15. 

Thank you.  At least there is one so that is good.  And I think that is the largest pool at sea according to Royal.  Super long.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I don't want a "supposed to be" number, I want an actual number.  😄

Yea, I saw his earlier post.  He said 4500 for 3-day and 5500 for inaugural.

So almost 2000 RCI newbies.

Just over 4900 revenue guests but still a lot of shoresude personal and contractors pushing the total closer to 5500. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Dinner last night in CK.

Oops, here it is.

Everything was very good. We both had the filet mignon.

20240127_193136.thumb.jpg.d618f57001c5ee7bb7278dd4ca4cc31e.jpg

Pork belly

20240127_193627.thumb.jpg.e70b91d314681fce853b1c918d83defb.jpg

Arancini. She said it was new, but I thought I've seen it on a previous cruise menu. 🤷‍♀️

20240127_194335.thumb.jpg.8826c975921ff05c6d03a2d3de89188f.jpg

Filet mignon 

20240128_020848.thumb.jpg.d89e37aee0a17f91e6c5a11741692bb4.jpg

20240128_022521.thumb.jpg.bdf14e10bb4bc98d32c1240b4a360d49.jpg

Chocolate cake, strawberry and caramel sauce.

20240128_025050.thumb.jpg.fb742306aec27c90d1cd4bc84a7d3a38.jpg

CK bar. He said they were sill missing some things.

20240128_030042.thumb.jpg.750d73185ff379166141864d7846e3e6.jpg

Arancini before we cut into them. 

20240127_194042.thumb.jpg.f69764cc628c9bfadc9aeb7d0d50c53f.jpg

Maine lobster salad 

20240127_193614.jpg

20240127_190008.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

For music hall - does anyone know if royal is bringing back the cover bands like they used to have on the anthem and some other ships?  On those ships the house band now seems to play in music hall.  Given phoenix listed, I’m wondering if each cruise will have a featured cover band musical act or if this is only being done for the first few cruises.

No immediate plans to bring back the tribute bands to the other music halls.  Yhey will return but play in the main theater one night. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

We just saw the Wizard Of Oz. It was very good and they got a standing ovation. It was an hour and 45 minutes long so it was a little too long for me, but worth it. Weren't supposed to take any pictures, but I'm sure they will pop up out there. I saw people taking videos and pictures. When the tornado came by, there was a very strong breeze that swept over the audience. It made my straw move in my pina colada drink. Also, when it snowed, snow aka suds came down on us and quiet a bit. I was going to take a picture of Mike with it all over his head, but he wiped it off before I could get my phone out.

20240128_141551.thumb.jpg.c7d4f7b0cf3d062798536d62f5d27c6e.jpg

20240128_140517.thumb.jpg.350dea2e3c09f5f467bffda42379062f.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We just saw the Wizard Of Oz. It was very good and they got a standing ovation. It was an hour and 45 minutes long so it was a little too long for me, but worth it. Weren't supposed to take any pictures, but I'm sure they will pop up out there. I saw people taking videos and pictures. When the tornado came by, there was a very strong breeze that swept over the audience. It made my straw move in my pina colada drink. Also, when it snowed, snow aka suds came down on us and quiet a bit. I was going to take a picture of Mike with it all over his head, but he wiped it off before I could get my phone out.

20240128_141551.thumb.jpg.c7d4f7b0cf3d062798536d62f5d27c6e.jpg

20240128_140517.thumb.jpg.350dea2e3c09f5f467bffda42379062f.jpg

Glad they were able to correct the issues they had from the previous night.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I didn't realize until a little while ago that tonight is Lobster night 😋  in MDR

I didn't either until you just posted. Usually it's the second formal night or whatever they are calling it these days.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thanks Renee.    Hope you and Mike are enjoying!    Did you find any MF purses for sale?

That is a lot of D and up onboard.    I guess the crown lounge will be a busy place.   

We are having a good time. I haven’t seen any of the purses, but I didn't really go looking. I will in the next couple of days. Diamonds aren't allowed in the Crown Lounge during HH.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hi John and Sharon,    So happy to hear you are both enjoying your cruise.  Your cabin looks great with some nice features.    Size of a JS? 

Look forward to more photos, if you have time.     

Based on what I see on the mainland on the app you will have 2 lobster nights.    Tonight and night 6.

Enjoy🥰

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

Is there a late night dance club?  What used to be called the disco?  With a DJ, dance floor, and great lighting that goes to the wee hours?   Maybe the Music Hall after hours?  Royal used to have dedicated nightclubs but no longer.  Curious what is used on ICON assuming they have such a venue.  I would think a ship this size would.