Future cruise reservations

sandancer

7 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We regularly book future cruises onboard with Celebrity and P&O. Usually get OBC and/or reduced deposit. Do Princess have this option?

I never find cruises cheaper on Princess ships, nor do they have any real deals. However I always get Future Cruise Deposits on board when I'm cruising. They cost $100pp and can be used as the deposit for any cruise booked within 12 months of purchase (money refunded if not used). With these you receive free OBC depending on the cabin and length of the cruise. For example I have used FCD's to book a European cruise later this year and received $150pp OBC. The FCD is also all you have to pay until final payment day.

They have *occasionally* done some "on board" specials where certain cruises/certain cabin categories were 50% off.  Always on board.  They don't *seem* to publicize it very well but you can just go by the Future Cruise desk while on board.  As @leck57 says...you can buy an FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) on board at any time, either at the cruise desk or via the app.  Just remember that if cruise with a partner, EACH must have an FCD.

• Like 1

From the Princess website (https://www.princess.com/en-us/plan/fcc-onboard-cruise-credits#future-cruise-deposit)

About future cruise deposit

You can purchase a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) on board as part of our Future Cruise Deposit Program.

The Future Cruise Deposit is a reduced, fully refundable deposit of $100 per person that secures a booking until final payment and gives you up to $150 Onboard Credit!

You’ll have up to a year to book your cruise with your preferred Travel Advisor or Cruise Vacation Planner or directly through Princess. If you don’t book during that time, we’ll automatically refund the FCD to the credit card used to purchase the deposit.

You can book on board. If you do you receive the same $100 deposit and related OBC as if you purchased the Future Cruise Deposits (FCDs) for use when you get back home. You can also assign the booking to your travel agent. There may be some special on board offers for certain cruises, but normally the promos on board are the same as the ones that are available at home. In addition TAs often have additional OBC or other benefits.

My preference is to purchase the fully refundable FCDs. Once home you can research and review all the options and book using the FCDs. Using this method you can make decisions when you are not under a cruise high and not pressured by the on board sales person. The on board sales person is a contractor, not a Princess employee.   

Anyone know the cost of the FCDs in £. I assume the rate is not calculated using the latest exchange rate and is probably set at some point during the financial year. We book direct with Princess in the UK. 

5 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Anyone know the cost of the FCDs in £. I assume the rate is not calculated using the latest exchange rate and is probably set at some point during the financial year. We book direct with Princess in the UK. 

It’s £75