Jubilee Once you go

,For us there is no going back to the older ships , The Jubilee  is a whole different level than previous Carnival ships ,Everything runs so smooth  and seamlesly , Dinner , then show in Grand Central  then on to the main theater  for another show , no more than 10-15 minutes between each ,   Food is over the top at all venues ... We will never sail  the older ships again !

• Like 2

Glad you enjoyed her. That does seem to be the trend..... ship as destination. I guess we zig while others zag. Hopefully Carnival continues to serve all its varied interests. 

• Like 2

Glad you enjoyed it! Looking forward to my own first experience on the Excel class in April.

The whole point of a going on a cruise for most people is the the sailing experience, meaning being on the ship and the experience that entails as it sails and is on the water.

The excursions and ports of call are the side courses, the ship/cruise is the main course. Just makes sense for ship as destination to be the trend! :classic_smile:

While I enjoyed Mardi Gras and all the extra venues onboard, both DH and I agreed after our cruise onboard Horizon in December that the Vista class is our favorite. We love the aft Havana area and Alchemy Bar setup better. But hey, everyone is different, and that’s why variety is good! I have to say the Excel class is a breath of fresh air for Carnival, it was different and fun to try. 

• Like 2

On 2/2/2024 at 6:30 PM, Crusin Hogs said:

,For us there is no going back to the older ships , The Jubilee  is a whole different level than previous Carnival ships ,Everything runs so smooth  and seamlesly , Dinner , then show in Grand Central  then on to the main theater  for another show , no more than 10-15 minutes between each ,   Food is over the top at all venues ... We will never sail  the older ships again !

I am so very afraid this is what is going to happen to me. 😬

I sail her in April. 

I tried to love the Mardi Gras when she first sailed, 5 cruises on her and I just can’t do the excel class anymore. I don’t need all the bells and whistles, just a nice time at sea and in ports. I’m concerned that a lot of the smaller ports are getting left behind, the behemoth ships just don’t fit in some harbors and tendering 6000+ guests ashore sounds like a nightmare. The crew seems to be as good as they can be but there is a definite “relaxation” and eagerness to share time with guests on the smaller ships. I’ve sailed all classes several times now and I'm really coming back to loving Spirit class and the journey cruises they sail on. Dream class for the Cloud 9 Spa.

• Like 2

I just sailed on her a few weeks ago and am scheduled to sail on the Dream in 4 weeks.  Even though I have sailed on the Dream several times, I am afraid that I won't be as happy as I was on the Jubilee.

I am going to give it the old college try though.... lol.

On 2/2/2024 at 11:40 PM, pirate4me2 said:

While I enjoyed Mardi Gras and all the extra venues onboard, both DH and I agreed after our cruise onboard Horizon in December that the Vista class is our favorite. We love the aft Havana area and Alchemy Bar setup better. But hey, everyone is different, and that’s why variety is good! I have to say the Excel class is a breath of fresh air for Carnival, it was different and fun to try. 

We did multiple sailings last year on both the Celebration and Mardi Gras, and leave this Saturday on Jubilee....we were booked on the Jubilee for her TA back in October that was canceled...figured what the heck, get all 3 Excel class ships sailed in less than a year. While we also enjoyed those ships, and anticipate enjoying Jubilee next week, one of the biggest disappointments of the Excel class is the the location of the Alchemy bar, just a bad set up/location for what that bar should be. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

We did multiple sailings last year on both the Celebration and Mardi Gras, and leave this Saturday on Jubilee....we were booked on the Jubilee for her TA back in October that was canceled...figured what the heck, get all 3 Excel class ships sailed in less than a year. While we also enjoyed those ships, and anticipate enjoying Jubilee next week, one of the biggest disappointments of the Excel class is the the location of the Alchemy bar, just a bad set up/location for what that bar should be. 

The Alchemy Bar competes with the noise from the musuc at the bar one floor down and the crowds exoting and entering the comedy club next dpor can be a bother also.

I agree. The Excel class is a huge step up for Carnival.  I mentioned this in another thread, but we much preferred Mardi Gras to the Oasis (we did both within a couple of months of each other), especially where included food in concerned.

Looking forward to trying Celebration and Jubilee!

I'm the opposite.  I have no plans to sail on an XL class ship again.  I sailed on Mardi Gras back when it was only 60% capacity and even with that low of people onboard, I still couldn't get into the piano bar and most comedy shows.  The shows on the Center Stage had such horrible sitelines that it was a joke.

If given the choice, I will definitely pick the Excel class. There are just so many more options, and for longer cruises, it matters. The serenity is where I spend the most time on the ship, and this one is big and beautiful. With all of the other entertainment and dining venues, it's just better.

With that said, if I want to go to a port it doesn't accommodate, I'll chose that itinerary without having to make a case as to why big ships are flawed.

• Like 1