The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday February 6th, 2024

kazu

Good evening from beautiful Honolulu!  We had an eventful day and I’ll have to tell the story later. In a nutshell we got lost and finally called an Uber to get us out of the mall. Unlike Debbie we couldn’t find the way out. 

Then we went to the Hilton Hawaiian Village and walked around. It was beautiful. We ate lunch at Aoki. I just had to eat there because we had eaten there 40 years ago when it was called Benihana. I recently watched a show about Rocky Aoki which was very interesting. 

Have a good evening!

• Like 16

Good afternoon from Komodo Island and the Volendam!

We took a tour today with Lorraine @cruising sister and Caron @Cruisercl to see the dragons and dragons we did see!

DH and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Our guide took this photo, optical illusion. We were really several feet behind the dragon. 
IMG_2279.thumb.jpeg.5936789b80703ec337b1d222452dc5b2.jpeg

Female returning to her nest

IMG_2262.thumb.jpeg.adc110d7eab63d7589f68c9438883da5.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

A late good evening, and I know most of you are probably already asleep.  We had a very full day.  We rented a Mustang convertible, and toured most of the island.  It was such a nice day, we were able to keep the top down most of the time.  We started by going across the island to the north shore.  It was a very windy day, with huge waves every place we went.  The wind at the blowhole on the Pali coast, almost knocked us off our feet.  It was after 6pm when we got back to the ship.

Tomorrow we're letting someone else do the driving when we take the Waikiki Trolley double decker Ho-ho bus tour.  The only downside is we have to meet at 8:15 am.  Honolulu and especially the Waikiki area have gotten too crowded.

Three interesting days to honor.  And two interestimg days in history.

At home, Black Box Pinot Noir is our go to red wine.

17 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I will certainly celebrate African American Coaches today, and believe that female circumcision is truly a barbarian act.  Lame duck, will pass on that.

We had some good news yesterday - while enjoying our tea and the newspaper in the living room first thing in the morning, the phone rang.  It was the hospital telling us there had been a cancellation and would DH like to take an appointment this Friday morning for his TAVI CT and assessment, rather than waiting till Feb 26?  In less than a nanosecond, he replied yes!  So glad they had a cancellation list and he was on it.  Now that he's going for his tests on Friday, he wants to get his hair cut (getting all spiffed up for the nurses), so that's where we'll be going this morning.  I also have to drop off some seasick tablets to a retired colleague - we can't get them in Canada, and she's leaving on a cruise at the beginning of March.  This morning is our regular monthly breakfast gathering, but I'll be busy driving DH around, so I'll just drop in to say hi and leave.

I was saddened to hear about Toby Keith; while I'm not a country music fan, I did see an interview with him just a few days ago and although he was very thin, he sounded strong and I was hoping he'd have more time with his family.

Best wishes to King Charles - hopefully it's a treatable cancer.

I occasionally enjoy a margarita on a BHB, but really prefer mine to be the strawberry kind.  YAY, a Cardboardeaux!!!!  Yes, I've had it, and it was totally drinkable.  The menu suggestion is looking awfully close to squash, isn't it?  LOL   DH doesn't care for sweet potatoes, so will give it a pass.  One of the small (think really tiny) restaurants just posted on FB that they have their single serving pies available this week - Death by Chocolate, Key Lime, Lemon Meringue, and Peanut Butter.  While we're out I'm going to stop by and pick up a Death by Chocolate and Lemon Meringue that will be our amazing dessert for a light dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches and soup at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, and even for those who don't think they are.  Cheers to all who have something to celebrate today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, great news for your DH on the cancelation.  I hope with the tests things start noving for his valve replacement.

15 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Since I'm still having left hip/thigh & leg pain I talked to the ortho doc's PA.  He thinks it's nerve pain so I'll be starting Gabapentin....hope it helps.

I hope the Gabapentin helps with the pain.

13 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. Why would anyone celebrate lame ducks? I think I am just cranky from lack of sleep.i would try the second recipe but not today. I have always wondered how something as awful as genital mutilation began. It aches my head to think about. 

We were unable to get help last night so it was another long night. I am hoping there is another woman available tonight. I worry about the cost and then I face reality and accept it.

@ger_77, I was so glad to read that the cancellation occurred and your DH will be seen Friday. It is important to look spiffy too!

@marshhawk, I continue to worry about the two of you. Please understand that I am taking care of a very sick woman who is sicker with the addition of this latest  problem. I wish you had more responsive doctors down there to help. I don’t know how you keep functioning. 
Thanks to everyone for the Daily

Terry, I hope you have some help tonight, and that you get some much needed  sleep.

Just now, Cruising-along said:

We took a tour today with Lorraine @cruising sister and Caron @Cruisercl to see the dragons and dragons we did see!

Our guide took this photo, optical illusion. We were really several feet behind the dragon. 

Great picture, Carolyn.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

@Heartgrove since our next vehicle purchase will fall totally on my shoulders (as DH is no longer able to handle business transactions), I am trying to understand the sales manager's offer being both "8.5% below" invoice and "2% under" invoice. Can you help me understand what that means, please?

Thanks, in advance,

-Melisa

Late at night posting I used "invoice" twice. The first time I meant to use "MSRP." Sorry for the confusion.

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Looks like an awesome tour Carolyn!  Thanks for the photos.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Wow, Carolyn!  Just wow!  Great pics and what a great experience!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1