Permanent change to lounge access?

20 minutes ago, Wanna Be Retired said:

I’ve seen that on Harmony, too.  I was kind of surprised the first time I saw it.

We've seen it as well, and simply acquired a couple unused chairs ('saving seats' is discouraged). Found a couple looking to use the lounge, gave them our seats, and re-acquired a couple more. Staff is hesitant to help (somewhat understandable), so we'll gladly do our part. 

Edited by bucfan2

16 hours ago, doghog said:

Some of us don't judge all by the actions of others. Pin or not. 

Sadly, others don't follow your sensible example. There are numerous pages/posts on here and other social media just to bash those who wear pins or who mention C&A status.   

We met folks on the last cruise who learned (while waiting to leave the ship)  that we were P.  We had spoken to then several times during the cruise, mainly in CK.  Their remark was, "Oh, you are Pinnacle? You are down to earth are not like the others."    What does that tell you?  

Like it or not we are all judged, some for the good, and some not.   

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

We've seen it as well, and simply acquired a couple unused chairs ('saving seats' is discouraged). Found a couple looking to use the lounge, gave them our seats, and re-acquired a couple more. Staff is hesitant to help (somewhat understandable), so we'll gladly do our part. 

I totally get that they are upset.  It never feels good to be told you can’t come in here.  I had one Pinnacle ask me how I felt being kicked out of my lounge by him.  I wasn’t kicked out.  I’m Diamond Plus.  It’s probably coming since I’m not at 340.  He said he was kicked out because of the high number of kids in the suites.  I’m sure when the time comes I get a letter saying I’m not welcome during certain times even if I don’t use it, it doesn’t mean it won’t hurt a little just being told I can’t come in.  At the same time, I’m not going to hog space to make others feel bad because I’ve been hurt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We met folks on the last cruise who learned (while waiting to leave the ship)  that we were P.  We had spoken to then several times during the cruise, mainly in CK.  Their remark was, "Oh, you are Pinnacle? You are down to earth are not like the others."    What does that tell you?  

Congrats for being part of the 'good 50%'.  About 1/2 seems to be down to earth, and a pleasure to be around.  Nothing more disappointing  to us than being talked down to, and then when some discovers our status, they attempt to make us part of the group. They tend to be a bit embarrassed (as well as pull in their chest and pin)...we get a good chuckle out of it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Congrats for being part of the 'good 50%'.  About 1/2 seems to be down to earth, and a pleasure to be around.  Nothing more disappointing  to us than being talked down to, and then when some discovers our status, they attempt to make us part of the group. They tend to be a bit embarrassed (as well as pull in their chest and pin)...we get a good chuckle out of it. 

I would love to have seen that!

There is more to life than cruising.  Having lots of  cruises is not something I consider a goal or achievement.  We started cruising is 1987 and really never stopped.  Don't live in Florida and have to fly or take a 7-8 hour drive to a cruise port.   Happy we can make the drive as many have to fly everywhere.  Technology has allowed us to cruise more often as we can keep in touch with family and  our business.  

Full disclosure, one if us  will wear a pin when boarding and to wait in the priority line to get off the ship at the end of the cruise.  In fact we never wore the pin the last morning, but it was suggested by the concierge so that the line keeper knows where to have us wait.  

m

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I would love to have seen that!

There is more to life than cruising.  Having lots of  cruises is not something I consider a goal or achievement.  We started cruising is 1987 and really never stopped.  Don't live in Florida and have to fly or take a 7-8 hour drive to a cruise port.   Happy we can make the drive as many have to fly everywhere.  Technology has allowed us to cruise more often as we can keep in touch with family and  our business.  

Full disclosure, one if us  will wear a pin when boarding and to wait in the priority line to get off the ship at the end of the cruise.  In fact we never wore the pin the last morning, but it was suggested by the concierge so that the line keeper knows where to have us wait.  

m

We've always said we won't wear our pins all the time once we get to that point.  We've seen people wearing them everywhere onboard and off (Labadee and CC).  Our friends who we cruised with back in Oct/Nov only wore theirs for events and in the lounge.  We all joked about some even wearing them on their pj's.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BND said:

We've always said we won't wear our pins all the time once we get to that point.  We've seen people wearing them everywhere onboard and off (Labadee and CC).  Our friends who we cruised with back in Oct/Nov only wore theirs for events and in the lounge.  We all joked about some even wearing them on their pj's.  

Mine is still in the box that it came in and that's where it will stay.  Don't care to wear it even when boarding.  I just show my SetSail pass if asked.

• Like 8

I sat with a lady for lunch on a turn around day, b2b who was pinnacle. She was actually put out by how the waiter greeted her. She said it should be obvious from her pin she was a repeat cruiser and should have said something welcoming her back. Noted her pin and greeted her differently than me who had no pin. There are some entitled for sure.

Noticed but just kinda smiled and tried to jolly her out of being upset about it. People will be people and I get it. One said it was the most expensive piece of jewelry he owned so he is going to wear it.

16 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

On vacation, on a cruise, if you don't judge/access someone based on their actions, what in the world do you suggest?  In a similar scenario, do you defend a confirmed chair hog, being that 'one person' that feels they may have fallen overboard and thus unable to return to the pool?

Chill out! My comment was only in reference to the one post I commented on! 🙃All I was saying is I'm not judging all Ps by the actions of a few. 

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 1

There was a Pinnacle circle on our last Liberty cruise in the D lounge. The concierge was helping them move chairs. I don't think they should be allowed to do it, but I get why staff's hands are tied. Pulling up a chair is very different than re-arranging the room.

30 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Mine is still in the box that it came in and that's where it will stay.  Don't care to wear it even when boarding.  I just show my SetSail pass if asked.

I think you should wear it; it's a conversation starter. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, marci22 said:

There was a Pinnacle circle on our last Liberty cruise in the D lounge. The concierge was helping them move chairs. I don't think they should be allowed to do it, but I get why staff's hands are tied. Pulling up a chair is very different than re-arranging the room.

I don't believe any group (D,D+,P) should be allowed to do that. Our timing must be right as we haven't seen that when we are in the CL for HH. I get why the CLC wont say anything but she/he shouldn't be part of it either. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, doghog said:

I don't believe any group (D,D+,P) should be allowed to do that. Our timing must be right as we haven't seen that when we are in the CL for HH. I get why the CLC wont say anything but she/he shouldn't be part of it either. 

People rearrange chairs all over the ship.  If a group wants to sit together and talk, then that's their choice as long as they don't block walkways.  They probably all know each other already.   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BND said:

People rearrange chairs all over the ship.  If a group wants to sit together and talk, then that's their choice as long as they don't block walkways.  They probably all know each other already.   

No kidding. Speaking of the small CL where seats are limited. 

11 minutes ago, doghog said:

No kidding. Speaking of the small CL where seats are limited. 

Last Pin Circle I saw, the people at each end of the 'table scape' were probably farther away from each other than if they just all sat in the pre-arranged seats.

• Haha 3

Can remember in the "old" days when D+ were still allowed in the CL - on a Radiance class TA a P told me that there wasn't enough room for me in the "P" lounge (was actually the CL) and that I had to leave immediately and go to the D overflow lounge.  Showed him we were in the Owner's Suite and asked him who did he think would be made to leave first if no room?  Never heard a word from him again.  They are out there!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Can remember in the "old" days when D+ were still allowed in the CL - on a Radiance class TA a P told me that there wasn't enough room for me in the "P" lounge (was actually the CL) and that I had to leave immediately and go to the D overflow lounge.  Showed him we were in the Owner's Suite and asked him who did he think would be made to leave first if no room?  Never heard a word from him again.  They are out there!

I would have shown him something waaay different and sat down and ordered a drink. 😂

8 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

We have also seen self-serving lounge police.  They are certain to be ignored by me.

The Concierge Clubs on Radiance class ships are the best.

• Like 1

I do remember as a D+, being permitted into the Concierge lounge. Are there still ships using that name?  But that was before there was a Pinnacle category. Now, even pinnacles are not allowed in on many cruises.  

m

I agree that the D L.will go through a transition and some loyal folks will be left behind (like me). But the way of the world is money so my guess is they stop measuring Days at sea and start measuring money spent oncabins  drinks, restaurants ect ..just like Delta started this year . But time will tell 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, compman9 said:

No loyalty scheme should ever decrease benefits. 

They should always add more.

If there is no room in the lounges, add another lounge.

This is not rocket science.

Which loyalty scheme have you seen increase benefits as their loyalty base rapidly grows? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SUgwoz said:

Which loyalty scheme have you seen increase benefits as their loyalty base rapidly grows? 

I’ve never seen it happen.  Maybe for an up and coming new business looking to grow its base, but that isn’t RC.  With the restart after Covid, RC gave away some extra points for cruisers but not extra rewards in the loyalty program.