Booking/Website Issues - Is this normal?

Abd213

We are really looking forward to trying Princess for the first time, but I am second guessing booking with them. I have cruised over 25 times with NCL, Carnival and RC and I have never had the issues like this with a booking. They have cancelled my reservation once but they can't figure out why. I have gone days without being able to sign in to make sure it hadn't been cancelled again. My room had been moved without notifying me even though we are traveling with other parties (they were able to move it back). And now today, I can't link my booking on the app because the app and website have the wrong year to my birthday. When I googled how to fix it I guess this is a common issue. When I called they keep telling me there's nothing they can do and they will call me back is 3-5 days?

Please tell me these are isolated issue! Please tell me the customer service on the ship is much better. And do they seriously not have a customer service e-mail address to send concerns to?

10 minutes ago, skynight said:

Was never this way before Princess decided to change to a very bug infested app. Now not isolated. I use a Travel Agent. Much easier. 

I used a travel agent but with my current issues it's with the website account not the booking. The man who I couldn't understand just kept tell me the booking was right. I kept telling him I know. It's the website birthday not the booking. That's why I can't link it!

Yes, for some reason the birthday year thing is somewhat of an issue for many.  Are you aware that there are 2 different apps?  An "old" one and the new one that has just been released?  The new app has already been identified with its' own set of issues. You will have to call/chat to get the birthday problem resolved.  Once that is done, you *should* be able to properly log in.

Note that *many* people have found that they have better luck using what is referred to as the "web version" of the app.  Once you are able to get logged in correctly, open your cruise personalizer and on the very first tab (Summary, I believe) scroll down just a bit until you see:

web version.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yes, for some reason the birthday year thing is somewhat of an issue for many.  Are you aware that there are 2 different apps?  An "old" one and the new one that has just been released?  The new app has already been identified with its' own set of issues. You will have to call/chat to get the birthday problem resolved.  Once that is done, you *should* be able to properly log in.

Note that *many* people have found that they have better luck using what is referred to as the "web version" of the app.  Once you are able to get logged in correctly, open your cruise personalizer and on the very first tab (Summary, I believe) scroll down just a bit until you see:

web version.jpg

Thank you, I will try the web version. I called and was told they couldn't help. They said they will escalate it and have someone get back to me in 3-5 days!

Their website is frustrating and it sucks. I can't log into my account on their website for over a year, and every time I call, they say "IT is aware if the issue."

It's dumb, and it's definitely offputting and frustrating.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Abd213 said:

Thank you, I will try the web version. I called and was told they couldn't help. They said they will escalate it and have someone get back to me in 3-5 days!

Just remember...you're going to have to be able to log in properly *first* before you can get to the web version...meaning that you're going to have to get your birthday fixed.

• Like 1

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just remember...you're going to have to be able to log in properly *first* before you can get to the web version...meaning that you're going to have to get your birthday fixed.

Thanks it let me because I need to put in my birthday to access it. And my birthday is correct on the booking. It's just not write in the app/website. It seems you can log into the booking without logging into your account.

• Like 1

Website has a feedback tab at bottom of contact us page. I have reported issues there and in the contact us form re: website issues and got results.

Also used 

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

I avoid phone as they usually are just sales people.

get the birthday corrected.

• Like 1

That seems really strange that your birthday is correct in the booking...yet cannot use it on the website.  Perhaps you need to clear your browser's cache, or maybe try a different browser or even a different device. This *conceivably* could be something on your end...

20 minutes ago, Abd213 said:

They can help.  My TA loaded the wrong birthday, her finger must have skipped over a digit.  I used the chat function and the agent was able to find the problem and fix it in less than 15 minutes.

If you get an agent that can’t help, hang up and try again.  There are still some good ones left.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

That seems really strange that your birthday is correct in the booking...yet cannot use it on the website.  Perhaps you need to clear your browser's cache, or maybe try a different browser or even a different device. This *conceivably* could be something on your end...

Also new to princess and I am currently experiencing the same issue. Everytime I call I get no where with IT support.

I log into website and it asks me to fill out all my info, My DOB is incorrect but that part is greyed out and you are unable to change it. 

Once I finish putting in my info,  it says un able to process and errors out.

6 calls and no resolution. Luckily my cruise is in DEC. So ill keep trying every month. 🙂 

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

They can help.  My TA loaded the wrong birthday, her finger must have skipped over a digit.  I used the chat function and the agent was able to find the problem and fix it in less than 15 minutes.

If you get an agent that can’t help, hang up and try again.  There are still some good ones left.

I guess the chat feature is down. It won't let me click on it.

4 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

Also new to princess and I am currently experiencing the same issue. Everytime I call I get no where with IT support.

I log into website and it asks me to fill out all my info, My DOB is incorrect but that part is greyed out and you are unable to change it. 

Once I finish putting in my info,  it says un able to process and errors out.

6 calls and no resolution. Luckily my cruise is in DEC. So ill keep trying every month. 🙂 

You *cannot* fix birthday issues yourself.  I think they feel that this is "critical personal info" and *maybe* subject to someone hacking into your account.  

Personally, if someone wanted to hack into mine and pay off my cruise I will welcome that! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

web version.jpg

ETA: I noticed after that you caught this and corrected in another post.

34 minutes ago, Abd213 said:

That option is not going to resolve the bad data issue (birthdate).  A decent rep with Princess (not overseas) should be able to correct birthdate easy-peasy IMO.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

We have sailed with Princess since about 1994 so all our information should never change.  However, one time my hubby's birthdate was wrong (pre-app era) but it wouldn't let us check in/complete info.  I called our TA and he took care of it with Princess.  OP if you have a TA please call and check with them about this instead of driving yourself crazy.  That's part of the TA's job IMHO. 

@Abd213 You are not alone.  I have (and had) many issues with the website; one being trouble connecting.  Some of it was my fault (internet provider); some is Princess.

Your travel agent should be able to fix your birthdate and deal with all of your other woes.  I agree, once you are onboard, you will have a good cruise.  

There are wacky things going on. I can log into the website and the app. It should be the same log in, right? Well i use my emailt o log into both but have different passwords. And if I change the password on one to match the other password, its thinks its a new account. Weird... So I just left it as is. Same login name, different passwords.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

There are wacky things going on. I can log into the website and the app. It should be the same log in, right? Well i use my emailt o log into both but have different passwords. And if I change the password on one to match the other password, its thinks its a new account. Weird... So I just left it as is. Same login name, different passwords.

Strange...I have the same credentials for both website & app.  I believe I recall this being discussed a while back here on CC where if this was happening, you could call in and they could "merge" the two accounts.  Now...there's no guarantee that with the switch to offshore call center you could get someone who knows how to do it...but if persistent (and maybe call back if you get pushback) you'll most likely find *someone* who listened during that day of training...or bump you up to someone who can do it.

We have taken 6 or 7 cruises on Oceania & I have never had any kind of problem logging into their website.

I hit "manage my account", enter the booking number, and I connect very easily to the cruise.

I can then book shore excursions & decide if we want to go on one of O's. We usually book one if it goes from"here to there" & public transportation isn't available or if I can't find an agency that goes to wherever the O tour goes.

Also a consideration is that if the place we want to visit is somewhat far away I will book a tour knowing the ship will wait for an O booked tour should it run late, but not for a privately booked tour.

I got carried away 🤭 (& somewhat off the subject) but the point is.....I've never had a problem logging into my account when dealing with Oceania.

I will say that when I encountered the incorrect birthday which wouldn’t allow me to log in, it was my TA’s fault. It does seem weird that Princess requires a fresh birthday for each cruise when it’s already in my personal data. And I had no way to guess what the wrong birthday was that the TA entered. Chat to the rescue. I hope chat comes up for you. I think that’s the easiest way if you don’t have a TA or PVP. 

2 hours ago, ec6393 said:

We have taken 6 or 7 cruises on Oceania & I have never had any kind of problem logging into their website.

I hit "manage my account", enter the booking number, and I connect very easily to the cruise.

I can then book shore excursions & decide if we want to go on one of O's. We usually book one if it goes from"here to there" & public transportation isn't available or if I can't find an agency that goes to wherever the O tour goes.

Also a consideration is that if the place we want to visit is somewhat far away I will book a tour knowing the ship will wait for an O booked tour should it run late, but not for a privately booked tour.

I got carried away 🤭 (& somewhat off the subject) but the point is.....I've never had a problem logging into my account when dealing with Oceania.

I think this falls into the category of "Apples & Oranges".

Apples and oranges.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Strange...I have the same credentials for both website & app.  I believe I recall this being discussed a while back here on CC where if this was happening, you could call in and they could "merge" the two accounts.  Now...there's no guarantee that with the switch to offshore call center you could get someone who knows how to do it...but if persistent (and maybe call back if you get pushback) you'll most likely find *someone* who listened during that day of training...or bump you up to someone who can do it.

Yep but I just go with it. It works perfectly, just use a different password. I have a feeling if I looked into fixing it, it might mess it up lol.

My husband was on chat with a representative for a long time yesterday trying to change our birth year. He was told they have a bug that is changing years back one year. Now we can't log onto our account on laptop. 

Called about Military OBC and the it sounded like the representative was eating. He would ask a question and she would just say yes. We have many cruises on RC and have always thought their IT department was the worst. I think Princess is worse!

• Like 1