Platinum luggage drop off in cabin

RoperDK

24 minutes ago, shof515 said:

the solution to this problem is to check your sail n sign card when you enter the door. This is what other cruise line do for their guest party and other loyal level based specially events. this prevents other people from getting in that are not suppose to be there

I do not believe that for a minute.  The problem is in the numbers.  way too many plats, way too many diamonds.  Only one solution.  Make a change

• Like 4

On 2/11/2024 at 12:16 PM, thesmiths said:

Thank You and will cancel the FTTF, just wanted to make sure I would be Platinum before I went ahead and canceled.

I agree on the FTTF now as well and cost, in the past it served us well when we could gain entrance to the cabin early for my wife and her health issue!

Thanks again All!

I did cancel the FTTF (I printed those luggage tags just in case😁)

The new luggage tags have "priority" on them.

Thanks again all!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, thesmiths said:

I did cancel the FTTF (I printed those luggage tags just in case😁)

The new luggage tags have "priority" on them.

Thanks again all!

Enjoy the cruise

12 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I do not believe that for a minute.  The problem is in the numbers.  way too many plats, way too many diamonds.  Only one solution.  Make a change

You think everyone at the party is only a D/P and their plus 1?  

Only allow Diamond and Platinum... no plus 1's.  It's the abuse of Plus 1's that is a big part of the issue with Guest party.  How do you enforce who is actually a plus 1.

Perhaps the guest party would be smaller if plus 1's weren't allowed to tag along -- in that maybe fewer folks would attend if the plus 1's couldn't attend. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

You think everyone at the party is only a D/P and their plus 1?  

No, but that is NOT the problem.  The problem is there are simply too many who do qualify legitimately.  WAY too many.  The drag alongs you describe (and it is NOT 100's) only add to the problem.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Only allow Diamond and Platinum... no plus 1's.  It's the abuse of Plus 1's that is a big part of the issue with Guest party.  How do you enforce who is actually a plus 1.

Perhaps the guest party would be smaller if plus 1's weren't allowed to tag along -- in that maybe fewer folks would attend if the plus 1's couldn't attend. 

Totally disagree, and I can prove it if you want.  

• Haha 1

I can't help but think that people here worry more about the P/D party than Carnival does. If it was a big problem for Carnival they would have changed it years ago, like the promise of rooms being ready at embarkation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

An example would be sufficient.  I am curious.

I was not trying to be confrontational.  Here is what I will do.  We are off on our next cruise (this time on Carnival Mardi Gras this Saturday) and I will get the totals in terms of total  cruisers, plats and diamonds.  I am sure (we will see) the numbers bear out my post.  This is a sold out sailing, but that will only make it more representative.  Stay tuned. 

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I was not trying to be confrontational.  Here is what I will do.  We are off on our next cruise (this time on Carnival Mardi Gras this Saturday) and I will get the totals in terms of total  cruisers, plats and diamonds.  I am sure (we will see) the numbers bear out my post.  This is a sold out sailing, but that will only make it more representative.  Stay tuned. 

Not exactly.  I don't waste my time at the P/D party on the Mardi Gras. My supporting information is that they know exactly how many guests are coming to the Diamond Only events and they plan accordingly.  There aren't one White Card with two Reds, two Golds and their Blue card friends trying to find a place to sit.  

On 2/11/2024 at 7:21 AM, DallasGuy75219 said:

She can have mine.

I plan on taking the ones I currently have back the ship and pass them off to a couple of young ones with their parent's permission  Also considering taking the pins I have accumulated and doing the same.  Decluttering and giving a treat to a  young one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elaine5715 said:

Not exactly.  I don't waste my time at the P/D party on the Mardi Gras. My supporting information is that they know exactly how many guests are coming to the Diamond Only events and they plan accordingly.  There aren't one White Card with two Reds, two Golds and their Blue card friends trying to find a place to sit.  

Understand your point.  Mine is that the problem would NOT be solved by fixing your suggestion.  All that said, I have posted enough on the topic.  

2 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Explain further...  

Seconds ago I read a post of someone cruising on the Miracle.  Below is the passenger breakdown.  In this example, would they only allow the 28 Diamonds to enter the guest party ?  Or are you saying that a Diamond may also bring along two Reds, two Golds and their Blue card friends that are allowed into the guest party ?

Just trying to understand what you have observed/experienced.

Total number of guests 2206
Blue 999
Red 710
Gold 334
Platinum 135
Diamond 28

21 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Explain further...  

Seconds ago I read a post of someone cruising on the Miracle.  Below is the passenger breakdown.  In this example, would they only allow the 28 Diamonds to enter the guest party ?  Or are you saying that a Diamond may also bring along two Reds, two Golds and their Blue card friends that are allowed into the guest party ?

Blue 999
Red 710
Gold 334
Platinum 135
Diamond 28

Those are dramatically low numbers (do not doubt them).  There is no provision for included members bringing guests that do not qualify into the venue.  That said, I am sure as Elaine says it does happen.  Not speaking for her, just opining.

2 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Explain further...  

Blue 999
Red 710
Gold 334
Platinum 135
Diamond 28

So at the max, 326 attendees? With each P and D bringing one guest.  The Miracle theater holds 1400 people on three levels.  I don't have a breakdown of how many on main floor but let's say 600 seats.  That room should be half empty with waiters holding full trays.  Last P/D party I was at on the Miracle, the main floor was packed.  There was a family of four, all Blue Cards sitting next to me.   They saw the crowd and came in. 

How many posts are there here alone, asking if "I can bring the family with me" 

Edited by Elaine5715

I'll add my 2 cents.  We've been sailing on Carnival for over 20 years.  We are Platinum and Diamond is not far away.  We haven't attended the P/D event in many years.  It's just not important to us anymore.  I wonder how many of the P/D onboard actually go to the parties?   

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

So at the max, 326 attendees? With each P and D bringing one guest.  The Miracle theater holds 1400 people on three levels.  I don't have a breakdown of how many on main floor but let's say 600 seats.  That room should be half empty with waiters holding full trays.  Last P/D party I was at on the Miracle, the main floor was packed.  There was a family of four, all Blue Cards sitting next to me.   They saw the crowd and came in. 

How many posts are there here alone, asking if "I can bring the family with me" 

If it was a big problem for Carnival they would have someone at the entrance of the lounge checking for invitations or looking at S&S cards.

If Carnival isn't worried about it, it's fruitless for us to worry about it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Where do these numbers come from?

Was posted 5 hours ago on a B2B cruise forum... it was a 4-day cruise.  CD's provide this info in their presentations.  

My first cruise, there were 1,200 people on board... 800 of them newlyweds, info provided by the CD.  That ship was rock'n...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Was posted 5 hours ago on a B2B cruise forum... it was a 4-day cruise.  CD's provide this info in their presentations.  

Thanks, we never sat through one of these.

On 2/11/2024 at 10:48 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Enjoy the perks.  On our first, when we boarded and they said “welcome home” it meant as much to us as the other perks.

I still remember that first "Welcome Home" back in 2010.  It was the best!  I don't think we've heard it in the past 5 or 6 years years.😪

• Like 1

23 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

The invitations for over a year now state plat and diamond and their guest. The party even prior to Covid has declined in minutes and now is a group of officers and staff that often look like they'd rather be anywhere other than behind the lights. Sure, there are exceptions, this has been the norm for the past several cruises.

Edited by BallFour4
  • Like 1

The P&D counts are largely dependent on the type of cruise one is on. We did Radiance last November and my gut tells me there were fewer than 50 Diamonds and maybe a couple hundred Plats. Again, round numbers.

A Journeys is 180 degrees different. Literally everyone (sure, there are exceptions) is either D or P. On our Journeys in January I think the number of Diamonds approached 500 while Plats were well over 1500. That really changes the dynamic and frankly makes priority perks practically unusable. Laundry was taking three days.

Of course the herd needs to be thinned. And real benefits need to be reserved for the most seasoned or CCL risks losing them outside the corporation. But that's another topic covered elsewhere.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, RoperDK said:

I'll add my 2 cents.  We've been sailing on Carnival for over 20 years.  We are Platinum and Diamond is not far away.  We haven't attended the P/D event in many years.  It's just not important to us anymore.  I wonder how many of the P/D onboard actually go to the parties?   

They are packed to the gills….  We only go when others (yes, they qualify) going with us ask us to go.  The ugly dog in the room as we know is most go for the free drinks.  Obviously they are skimming this back, from my view, it does not appear to be making a dent.  

That said, we much enjoyed the old Diamond gathering with senior staff.  Now it is a lunch (very nice lunch) that they come in a say hi and bolt for the door.  The reason is…..wait for it…..because way to many people qualify.  There is only two paths out of the maze, continue cutting back of the frills of whatever the festivity is of change the qualifications.  I would vote for the latter.

• Like 1