Platinum luggage drop off in cabin

RoperDK

I did try to search, but it seems that this perk is a moving target.  We're sailing on Spirit in 2 weeks and the Carnival site didn't mention this benefit anymore.  The website said "cabins can be accessed at 1:30. I am talking about just leaving our carry-ons in the closet and immediately leaving the cabin area.  I thought I remembered JH saying we could still drop off our carry-ons, but we haven't been on Carnival in over a year.  So, what is the latest "rule"? Thanks.    

4 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

I did try to search, but it seems that this perk is a moving target.  We're sailing on Spirit in 2 weeks and the Carnival site didn't mention this benefit anymore.  The website said "cabins can be accessed at 1:30. I am talking about just leaving our carry-ons in the closet and immediately leaving the cabin area.  I thought I remembered JH saying we could still drop off our carry-ons, but we haven't been on Carnival in over a year.  So, what is the latest "rule"? Thanks.    

You should get an email before the cruise letting you know you can drop off your bags before the time cabins are officially ready, but you can't stay in your cabin.

Also the same early access is a FTTF benefit, and that FAQ or info page says Platinums and Diamonds needn't buy FTTF because they already get all the same benefits for free.

• Thanks 1

This memo amuses me.  On my Alaska cruise last June, there were so many priority Platinum and Diamond that the Gold peons' check-in line was waaaaaayyyyy shorter than folks waiting in the Priority line.  We zipped right up to a check-in desk while the Priority line just slugged along.  😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

This memo amuses me.  On my Alaska cruise last June, there were so many priority Platinum and Diamond that the Gold peons' check-in line was waaaaaayyyyy shorter than folks waiting in the Priority line.  We zipped right up to a check-in desk while the Priority line just slugged along.  😄

The dilemma you describe has been on growing,  the increase in the level of repeat cruisers does have consequences,  They say they are working the problem (the only way is the raise the bar), we shall see.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 5:54 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

Also the same early access is a FTTF benefit, and that FAQ or info page says Platinums and Diamonds needn't buy FTTF because they already get all the same benefits for free.

I purchased FTTF awhile ago.

I turn Platinum on the 11th day of my 11 day cruise in May from NY.

I've read and asked before and was told I won't need the FTTF as I should be Platinum from day 1.

Before I cancel the FTTF I wanted to check again so I asked my PVP while I was emailing her about another question.

---------------------------

Can you confirm I become Platinum on this cruise please?

I bought FTTF awhile ago and don't think I need it anymore If I am becoming Platinum.

You need 11 days to reach the next level.  The cruise is 11 days. You will not be Platinum until you return.

I questioned her

(Thank You, I thought if we turned the next level on any day of the cruise it started from the first day.)

and this we her second response.

Yes.  But you are debarking on the 11th day. I just checked with a Supervisor and she said you will get a Platinum card on that cruise, but the perks will not take effect until the next cruise.

Does this make sense,??

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

I purchased FTTF awhile ago.

I turn Platinum on the 11th day of my 11 day cruise in May from NY.

I've read and asked before and was told I won't need the FTTF as I should be Platinum from day 1.

Before I cancel the FTTF I wanted to check again so I asked my PVP while I was emailing her about another question.

---------------------------

Can you confirm I become Platinum on this cruise please?

I bought FTTF awhile ago and don't think I need it anymore If I am becoming Platinum.

You need 11 days to reach the next level.  The cruise is 11 days. You will not be Platinum until you return.

I questioned her

(Thank You, I thought if we turned the next level on any day of the cruise it started from the first day.)

and this we her second response.

Yes.  But you are debarking on the 11th day. I just checked with a Supervisor and she said you will get a Platinum card on that cruise, but the perks will not take effect until the next cruise.

Does this make sense,??

She's correct based on Carnival's website:

Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise). Please note that ‘debarkation day’ is not considered a ‘cruise day’, therefore, points are not earned for that day.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2938/~/vifp-club---carnivals-recognition-program

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise). Please note that ‘debarkation day’ is not considered a ‘cruise day’, therefore, points are not earned for that day.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2938/~/vifp-club---carnivals-recognition-program

Oh my god no fanny pack? The humanity! 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The dilemma you describe has been on growing,  the increase in the level of repeat cruisers does have consequences,  They say they are working the problem (the only way is the raise the bar), we shall see.

There is another way, and that is to make credited days expire if you don't cruise for certain time period. Lots of airline royalty programs work that way. 

• Like 2

Just now, staceyglow said:

There is another way, and that is to make credited days expire if you don't cruise for certain time period. Lots of airline royalty programs work that way. 

I would say this is all but a guarantee.

25 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Thank you, We cruise from 5/6 to 5/17

Counting embarkation day the 11th day would be a full sea day?

05/06                                     Depart (FTTF) 

05/07                                     Sea Day                               

05/08                                     Sea Day                                                               

05/09                                     Sea Day

05/10     09:00 – 18:00     St Thomas

05/11     07:00 – 16:00     San Juan                             

05/12     09:00 - 18:00      Amber Cove

05/13     07:00 – 14:00     Grand Turk    

05/14     09:30-17:30         Half Moon Cay                                                 

05/15                                     Sea Day

05/16                                     Sea Day

05/17                                     New York

We have 64 VIFP points.

Thank you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thesmiths said:

We have 64 VIFP points.

Thank you.

I feel like you will be Platinum and will get perks for this cruise. Enjoy the fanny pack!

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thesmiths said:

We have 64 VIFP points.

Thank you.

There's an easy way to tell...

Log onto your Carnival account and print your luggage tags.  They will have "Priority" printed on the tags.  

I'm in the same situation where I turn Platinum on 2nd to last day of a cruise... and my luggage tags for this cruise says "Priority".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

There are changes coming, what there are is certainly up for speculation.  You raise a legitimate option (and possibly the easiest to implement.  What makes one question all this is that they have had an eternity to modify the plan and as to date, have not.  I would venture a guess that the reason is that is so is two fold.  The first is building, testing and impl,ementing the system tht controls the new plan.  Having come from a technology past I can tell you thinga like this take time, precious, expensive time.  The second is selling ot to their faithful (a some less faithful posting on this very thread).  Just MHO. 

29 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Log onto your Carnival account and print your luggage tags.  They will have "Priority" printed on the tags.  

I'm in the same situation where I turn Platinum on 2nd to last day of a cruise... and my luggage tags for this cruise says "Priority".

Enjoy the perks.  On our first, when we boarded and they said “welcome home” it meant as much to us as the other perks.

33 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Thank you, I did that and they show FTTF.

I would drop the FTTF.  You will have Platinum status for this cruise, so FTTF is not needed.

But I have some commentary regarding FTTF:

For $190, I don't see the benefit relative to the expense.  In the past, FTTF allowed you into your cabins early, but not anymore... only luggage drop-off is allowed now before 1:30pm.  And "Priority" has seemed to lose some of its meaning and benefits due to the abundance of "Priority" passengers.

Here is what the program includes:

Priority Check-in (during your arrival appointment).  The actual boarding will save you 15 minutes.

Stateroom Access:  Once on board, you will be able to drop off your bags in your stateroom until your room is ready. 

Express Luggage:   Very debatable -- It's very common for "Priority" passengers to receive their luggage way after the blue, red, gold passengers.

Guest Services:  I honestly never understand wanting this ahead of the cruise taking place -- do folks have an expectation to use this often ?  Is it worth $190 to save 15 minutes ?

Dining Reservations:  Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining) could be useful.

Priority Water Shuttle Boarding:  Definitely useful if it's important that you want to get off the ship early.  The only stop requiring a tender is Half Moon Cay.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

I would drop the FTTF.  You will have Platinum status for this cruise, so FTTF is not needed.

But I have some commentary regarding FTTF:

For $190, I don't see the benefit relative to the expense.  In the past, FTTF allowed you into your cabins early, but not anymore... only luggage drop-off is allowed now before 1:30pm.  And "Priority" has seemed to lose some of its meaning and benefits due to the abundance of "Priority" passengers.

Here is what the program includes:

Priority Check-in (during your arrival appointment).  The actual boarding will save you 15 minutes.

Stateroom Access:  Once on board, you will be able to drop off your bags in your stateroom until your room is ready. 

Express Luggage:   Very debatable -- It's very common for "Priority" passengers to receive their luggage way after the blue, red, gold passengers.

Guest Services:  I honestly never understand wanting this ahead of the cruise taking place -- do folks have an expectation to use this often ?  Is it worth $190 to save 15 minutes ?

Dining Reservations:  Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining) could be useful.

Priority Water Shuttle Boarding:  Definitely useful if it's important that you want to get off the ship early.  The only stop requiring a tender is Half Moon Cay.

Thank You and will cancel the FTTF, just wanted to make sure I would be Platinum before I went ahead and canceled.

I agree on the FTTF now as well and cost, in the past it served us well when we could gain entrance to the cabin early for my wife and her health issue!

Thanks again All!

On 2/11/2024 at 6:30 AM, jimbo5544 said:

The number of Platinum has really grown...II don't think Carnival is prepared. Return Guest Party mobs going in the theatre, ( used to be a small group..now a huge mob. Service desk same thing....line for Platinum was sometimes longer than general line. A real problem all around.

54 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

The number of Platinum has really grown...II don't think Carnival is prepared. Return Guest Party mobs going in the theatre, ( used to be a small group..now a huge mob. Service desk same thing....line for Platinum was sometimes longer than general line. A real problem all around.

The party problem is due to them letting everyone in.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, topaz123 said:

Return Guest Party mobs going in the theatre, ( used to be a small group..now a huge mob.

the solution to this problem is to check your sail n sign card when you enter the door. This is what other cruise line do for their guest party and other loyal level based specially events. this prevents other people from getting in that are not suppose to be there

• Like 3