Neptune Suite Questions

Saphire

We will be sailing on the Eurodam next month. It has been several years since we have been in a Neptune Suite, and I have a few questions. Is the Pinnacle open for breakfast on sea days only, or every day? Do they still have a bottle of champagne waiting on embarkation day? Lastly, what time does the Neptune Lounge open (coffee!). Thank you.

The Pinnacle is open everyday for breakfast and will ‘match’ the dinning room hours.  

Yes, there was a bottle of some bubbly stuff in the ice bucket.   It’s definitely not champagne. 

The hours were always posted but not the same and imo they have always closed too early.  

The conceirge is generally excellent.  But then we’ve had a few that were not…..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

Yes, there was a bottle of some bubbly stuff in the ice bucket.   It’s definitely not champagne. 

It's definitely champagne or sparkling wine. It's just not good quality. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The sparking wine is made by Gallo I believe. What they used to have was mediocre at best…this is horrible. Never even opened ours. I brought a couple of bottles with us instead.

13 minutes ago, kirkc said:

The sparking wine is made by Gallo I believe. What they used to have was mediocre at best…this is horrible. Never even opened ours. I brought a couple of bottles with us instead.

So agree with you.  I normally exchanged ours for a decent bottle of wine.

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

Hi Kazu, who do I ask to arrange for the exchange of bottles? Thank you.

22 minutes ago, colbe said:

Hi Kazu, who do I ask to arrange for the exchange of bottles? Thank you.

The Neptune Concierge.  I just nicely said I don’t do sparkling wine and asked for a switch to a wine we agreed to.  It was easy on all of my cruises but I haven’t been in a Neptune for a bit.  I was in one on Oosterdam in 2022 but since I was stuck in a wheel chair and corridor are carpeted I didn’t try to get there

But I’v’e had a few and never had a problem.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, kazu said:

Yes. We just tell the concierge we only drink red wine (which is true  - 😉 snob)  and to reuse the sparkling for someone that would like it. No problem switching to something to level 1 in the package. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, REOVA said:

Yes. We just tell the concierge we only drink red wine (which is true  - 😉 snob)  and to reuse the sparkling for someone that would like it. No problem switching to something to level 1 in the package. 

LOL - as much as I like it - I can’t risk red wine anymore so I can’ tell the concierge that one. I need a decent white wine 😉 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gigi1977 said:

The conceirge is generally excellent.  But then we’ve had a few that were not…..

Interesting: I thought it was just us! But the concierge on our Rotterdam cruise last May was exceptional, so it's hard not to compare.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kirkc said:

If you are talking about Wycliff, a Gallo family brand, which we has seen a couple times on HAL, it is a California Champagne. 

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

If you are talking about Wycliff, a Gallo family brand, which we has seen a couple times on HAL, it is a California Champagne. 

Retails for $5.49 at Total Wine.  It might be okay for Mimosas????

image.png.8b555034ca5b46c17d97f8f011868f66.png

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

Can I change it out for bottles of water?

I’ve never asked but I don’t see why not.  It doesn’t cost anything to ask.  The worst the concierge can say is no 😉 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, kazu said:

I’ve never asked but I don’t see why not.  It doesn’t cost anything to ask.  The worst the concierge can say is no 😉 

I am sure you can. We don't drink adult beverages and I always take the bottle from the room to the concierge and they have offered to exchange it for soda or water. Since we usually get the "early HIA package", I decline and tell her to just keep it.  

We were in a Neptune suite in November on the Eurodam.  The sparking whatever they give in the suite we give away to someone we meet or once we exchanged it for a bottle of wine.  We had the HIA so this time we just gave it away. 

OP, not sure if Princess will still be one of the Neptune concierge but she was great.  Enjoy your return to a Neptune suite & have a great cruise. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Saphire said:

We will be sailing on the Eurodam next month. It has been several years since we have been in a Neptune Suite, and I have a few questions. Is the Pinnacle open for breakfast on sea days only, or every day? Do they still have a bottle of champagne waiting on embarkation day? Lastly, what time does the Neptune Lounge open (coffee!). Thank you.

We ate breakfast in the Pinnacle every morning. There is a bottle of something in the cabin but I wouldn't call it champagne. I got my coffee every morning in the lounge, opened at 7am.

6 hours ago, canadianbear said:

We were in a Neptune suite in November on the Eurodam.  The sparking whatever they give in the suite we give away to someone we meet or once we exchanged it for a bottle of wine.  We had the HIA so this time we just gave it away. 

OP, not sure if Princess will still be one of the Neptune concierge but she was great.  Enjoy your return to a Neptune suite & have a great cruise. 

Our concierge on the NS in December name was also Princess. Not sure if same one ir not. She was excellent and tied with one other as the best one we ever had.

• Like 1

Here's a comparison: We tried an Oceania cruise last November and booked a "concierge" level cabin because of our experience on HAL Neptune suites.

The concierge lounge was very tiny (very tiny!) and there was not much food or drink there. The concierge was almost never available, and not very helpful. Not really worth going there, so we didn't bother much.

And this was on a more expensive line! The experience really brought us back to HAL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/17/2024 at 6:54 PM, kazu said:

Most times this works but not always.  Depends on the ship.  Just turned down a few months ago on the EUrodam.