Pre cruise hotel Miami

bitob

Trying to figure out which hotel Regent might use in Miami 

I did a search (not an easy thing to search) and came up with 2 possibilities:  Biltmore in Coral Gables and the Intercontinental

Does anyone have any recent information on which Miami hotels Regent is using?

5 minutes ago, bitob said:

Trying to figure out which hotel Regent might use in Miami 

I did a search (not an easy thing to search) and came up with 2 possibilities:  Biltmore in Coral Gables and the Intercontinental

Does anyone have any recent information on which Miami hotels Regent is using?

I was told they use the Biltmore.

This is a fairly popular topic here. I think they usually use at least two hotels for each sailing. In addition to these two I have seen Mandoran OriemtAl posted here and they put us in the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne. I believe there have been others as well. 

We stayed at the Oriental last time we used a Regent hotel. Nice hotel but not a great location for walking to town for dinner. We now pass on the Regent hotel and stay at the Intercontinental. Great hotel with views of the cruise port. Short Uber to the ship, bypassing the Regent bus transfer and all the crowds and wait time.

2 hours ago, CJANDH said:

We stayed at the Oriental last time we used a Regent hotel. Nice hotel but not a great location for walking to town for dinner. We now pass on the Regent hotel and stay at the Intercontinental. Great hotel with views of the cruise port. Short Uber to the ship, bypassing the Regent bus transfer and all the crowds and wait time.

We usually stay at the Intercontinental on our own as well.  But this time on our Grandeur cruise there is a music festival across the street which is going to conclude at the hotel with music in the lobby from 10PM until 3AM so we're not staying there.   Regent also told us they are using the Biltmore for the Mar-Apr cruises, We are looking at the AKA Brickell if anyone has any info on this hotel.  

We were in the Mandarin Oriental for our November cruise, however it was being demolished early this year, to make way for a new apartment complex. Other passengers were located at the Intercontinental. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, czardas said:

We were in the Mandarin Oriental for our November cruise, however it was being demolished early this year, to make way for a new apartment complex. Other passengers were located at the Intercontinental. 

We just stayed at the Mandarin in early Feb. this year. Fabulous hotel....and not demolished!

I decided to take the hotel credit and use points to stay at my hotel of choice for free.

i am adding an extra night and the amount they ask for an extra night pp is absurd in the extreme.

549 pp

the hotel credit is 150 pp

what is wrong with this picture?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bitob said:

I decided to take the hotel credit and use points to stay at my hotel of choice for free.

i am adding an extra night and the amount they ask for an extra night pp is absurd in the extreme.

549 pp

the hotel credit is 150 pp

what is wrong with this picture?

It’s always been like that - absolutely ridiculous, wonder if anyone ever buys extra hotel nights with Regent 🤔

3 minutes ago, lprp said:

It’s always been like that - absolutely ridiculous, wonder if anyone ever buys extra hotel nights with Regent 🤔

I  thought I'd check it out.  In comparison, I am on SS to Alaska in June.  We are at the Captain Cook with one night included.  I added a night. SS charged exactly what it would cost me to book it myself on line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bitob said:

I  thought I'd check it out.  In comparison, I am on SS to Alaska in June.  We are at the Captain Cook with one night included.  I added a night. SS charged exactly what it would cost me to book it myself on line.

If you've not already done so, you should eat a dinner up in the Crow's Nest.  Stunning views (when the weather cooperates). 

2 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

If you've not already done so, you should eat a dinner up in the Crow's Nest.  Stunning views (when the weather cooperates). 

Thanks for the recommendation. 

Mandarin Miami is taking bookings through May 2025…it is slated to eventually be replaced with two towers, one a Mandarin residences only and the other a combination Mandarin hotel + residences. Might be delayed further, but that’s the current plan. FABULOUS hotel, great bar scene with live music, and the views are gorgeous 👍🏻

• Like 2

We were on Grandeur over Christmas and it was Intercontinental now on Splendor and was Hyatt Coral Gables, don't know if it matters but both times we booked a PH category.   Reading how others got much better hotels especially for what we paid for the Grandeur PH A doesn't make me a in a rush to run back.

16 minutes ago, 2SailingNomads said:

We were on Grandeur over Christmas and it was Intercontinental now on Splendor and was Hyatt Coral Gables, don't know if it matters but both times we booked a PH category.   Reading how others got much better hotels especially for what we paid for the Grandeur PH A doesn't make me a in a rush to run back.

We had no problem with the Intercontinental...Bayshore Market with good restaurants nearby... however we would not have liked a Coral Gables hotel (mostly residential area).  What I found unacceptable was the transport to the pier organization at the Intercontinental.  Next time a taxi will do.

• Thanks 1

We are on the February 27th cruise and were told we would be staying at The Biltmore.

But just got a letter that says we’re now staying at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables.

3 hours ago, papae said:

We are on the February 27th cruise and were told we would be staying at The Biltmore.

But just got a letter that says we’re now staying at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables.

Fabulous choice!  Better than the Biltmore.