Having doubles with the Elite Beverage Package

Curious how ordering doubles is handled with drinks package. Does the $15 limit rule or the one drink per order rule apply? e.g. If I ordered a double Hennessey would I be charged anything over $15 or anything over a single serving price?

Edited by ChickenOfTheC

Correct, they were charged as two drinks. My point was that they never questioned the ask for a double or made the drink an up-charge. I will say, that they were not consistent with what was charged at different bars but the cost was never above the $11 per drink (2@$11 equals a $22 tab). For what it’s worth, I still don’t understand why they print a check and have you sign it if you have a drink package. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jjfarns said:

For what it’s worth, I still don’t understand why they print a check and have you sign it if you have a drink package.

This is the question of the year! (actually, it started again in the fall of 2022) Many people have let HAL know that we do not appreciate the dang receipt signing and think it's a crazy waste of time.  

🙄

The more assertive among us just tell the waiters nicely that we won't be signing them.  They quit bringing them eventually!! 

As long as they keep bringing my double shot Margaritas, I'm happy though!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jjfarns said:

For what it’s worth, I still don’t understand why they print a check and have you sign it if you have a drink package. 

The only reasons I could come up with are inventory control or proof if someone disputes going over their daily limit. Only in the latter instance would a signature be of any benefit.

And it allows the passenger to tip more than 18% that's been paid with the HIA package.

Edited by Sea42

I think they want you to sign in hopes you add an additional tip. From my understanding if you do the server doesnt get it all HALL takes 10% from it.

Even if you are comp a specialty meal they still give you a slip to sign.

Bob

57 minutes ago, leafsnation said:

I think they want you to sign in hopes you add an additional tip. From my understanding if you do the server doesnt get it all HALL takes 10% from it.

Even if you are comp a specialty meal they still give you a slip to sign.

Bob

The 18% is divided between the bartender and the waiter, with the the bartender getting over half. HAL takes about 2% for an "employee welfare fund". HAL is not taking 10%.

5 hours ago, Sea42 said:

The only reasons I could come up with are inventory control or proof if someone disputes going over their daily limit. Only in the latter instance would a signature be of any benefit.

And it allows the passenger to tip more than 18% that's been paid with the HIA package.

I think these are both in play.  On more than one occasion I saw one of the bar managers doing an inventory check with a bartender calling out pars for each bottle behind the bar.  I also noticed very few to no "free pours", everything went in a jigger before a glass.  carnival corp is being VERY strict with cost controls across all brands as they strive to pay down debt and remain profitable.  I can't say I fault them for that.

The upside for the consumer of signing the slips, it is easier to dispute an erroneous charge.  I know what my signature look like and if presented with a slip that did not match easy to prove with comparison to other slips.  Realistically it took all of 3-5 seconds from my cruise to sign each slip, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things

• Like 4

Concur with @AtlantaCruiser72 on the pours.  Every pour was measured, with no over pour.  This was consistent regardless of which bar we went to.  That said, the spirit and wine selection were much better than we have recently experienced on other lines.  And, we didn’t hear the “out of stock due to supply chain issues” which is frequent on Celebrity.  So the pours are regulated, but the selection is good.