Maleth confirms end of P&O partnership

minsterman

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Exactly.  Of course you can fly a different route.

I'm sure their ETOPS certification has a bearing, but you will know more about that than me.

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I'm sure their ETOPS certification has a bearing, but you will know more about that than me.

That route is no longer than the other way.    In fact they landed 10 minutes before their schedule time even though they took off late.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, cheshire said:

Very much so.  Those posting less than favourable comments are seemingly called names and blocked.  Seems to like a drink

or two!!

I don't think personal comments such as these should be brought into this conversation. A passengers experience was reported when communication between Maleth, P&O and their passengers appears to have broken down, and that is all that should be discussed. His is not the only report stating similar.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, emam said:

Someone on the other side has started a change.org petition. Demand P&O terminate Contact with Maleth Airlines for substandard services.

What a great idea. I am sure the thousands of people whose cruises may have to be cancelled will be overjoyed. The lack of availability of aircraft for charter on a regular basis has been given for the chartering from Maleth airlines. Terminating the contract will not rectify this so cancellations by P and O will be the inevitable consequence. Somehow, I cannot see the requisite number of signatures to trigger a parliamentary debate being reached. 

• Like 10

The test of whether a flight has a delay and you want to claim compensation is: the time from take off to the opening of the door at the destination. If more than 3 hours then you have a claim. This was the yardstick used by TUI when we were delayed at Christmas 2022. Go onto the TUI website and you will find an explanation. Should not matter if the flight is not TUI - this is the general rule.

1 hour ago, emam said:

Someone on the other side has started a change.org petition. Demand P&O terminate Contact with Maleth Airlines for substandard services.

My goodness some people really do have too much free time on their hands. As I have said before I wonder how many on these sites elsewhere moaning and giving their two penny worth  are personally impacted or ever likely to be and are just  enjoying the drama and stirring up mischief for the sake of it. 

• Like 4

It seems that late bookers and newbies are being put on Maleth planes at least this was I was told over Christmas by people who fitted that description . Hope P&O are working hard to ensure affected people will book another Caribbean cruise after their poor experience on Maleth!

1 hour ago, pennib said:

It seems that late bookers and newbies are being put on Maleth planes at least this was I was told over Christmas by people who fitted that description . Hope P&O are working hard to ensure affected people will book another Caribbean cruise after their poor experience on Maleth!

I guess ‘late bookers and newbies’ are being put on Maleth planes but probably alongside early bookers, experienced cruisers and others in between. It is always possible that those late bookers are put onto Maleth flights because early bookers have already been allocated their flights on other operators (eg TUI?) before Maleth were even chartered, well before late bookers actually booked. They may even have chosen and paid for particular seats on their allocated flight. If that is the case, it seems fair enough to me.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I knew there was a reason I don't fly these days!  I wouldn;t get on a 737 Max for any money

Happily fly a Max still. Like people still like flying the Dreamliner when the batteries overheated and could cause a fire.

• Like 1

They Tui planes were filled first as they were arranged first…. that means those who booked first got Tui. No science here.

A change.org petition never gets a Parliamentary debate. You need to use the official petitions website to get that. Along the way, those petitions are vetted for matters government can actually intervene on.

As this is a commercial matter, the government can’t intervene and would close the petition anyhow….. probably why it’s on change.org in the first place!

• Like 6

Maleth was a one year contract…. They have not excelled themselves with delivering the basic elements of the contract, therefore I don’t expect them to be back.

It’s believed Norse, BA and Virgin are in the frame for next winter. BA and Virgin have new plane capacity being delivered during the year. Norse have spare capacity.

Edited by molecrochip
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Happily fly a Max still. Like people still like flying the Dreamliner when the batteries overheated and could cause a fire.

We have flown on a 737 max a few times. Only 2 have crashed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Saw the petition saying they are not safe makes me laugh. Crew with 6 month sim checks and yearly recurrent training also spot checks performed by the CAA can happen to make sure they are doing the job correctly. If they were not safe they would be banned from UK & Europe.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I'm sure we have all flown in an Airbus ,one of the first ones crashed at an airshow.

Lessons are learned from these mishap/disasters in the long term making them safer .

Those Max -9s are grounded until they find what went wrong /

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

The grounding had started to revoked around the world, then last Friday when a door blew out on an Alaska Airways 737 Max leading to rapid decompression and an emergency landing, all 737 Maxs are ground in the Us, with airlines in Turkey and Central America also grounding 737 Max aircraft. This could be a further setback for 737s returning to service and complicate leasing arrangements.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

'Only' --- is that a serious comment zap? 

And it could have been 3

2 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Maleth was a one year contract…. They have not excelled themselves with delivering the basic elements of the contract, therefore I don’t expect them to be back.

It’s believed Norse, BA and Virgin are in the frame for next winter. BA and Virgin have new plane capacity being delivered during the year. Norse have spare capacity.

Any idea which ones from Manchester? 🙂

1 hour ago, carlanthony24 said:

Saw the petition saying they are not safe makes me laugh. Crew with 6 month sim checks and yearly recurrent training also spot checks performed by the CAA can happen to make sure they are doing the job correctly. If they were not safe they would be banned from UK & Europe.

Exactly.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Have to say I hated our Airbus.  It flew nose up, so pushing the trolleys was difficult and it yawed at the back.  Awful.  Mind you that was an A320.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Have to say I hated our Airbus.  It flew nose up, so pushing the trolleys was difficult and it yawed at the back.  Awful.  Mind you that was an A320.

It was good fun walking/pushing on a steep climb.

• Haha 1

The local BBC news has just reported that the Virgin Flight to Barbados had to return to Manchester this afternoon.  The flight left at just after 1pm nearly got as far as Dublin then returned an hour later.   No news on its replacement but Virgin obviously have greater resources to hand unlike Maleth.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cheshire said:

The local BBC news has just reported that the Virgin Flight to Barbados had to return to Manchester this afternoon.  The flight left at just after 1pm nearly got as far as Dublin then returned an hour later.   No news on its replacement but Virgin obviously have greater resources to hand unlike Maleth.  

Not just Maleth then 🙂  this one says dense acrid smoke in the cockpit.  Not nice.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/vs77#33884c6e

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1