Quantum of the Seas coming to Los Angeles 2025-26!

This was quite the surprise to see that Quantum of the Seas is coming to Los Angeles to do short cruises.  I just booked myself a 3 day weekend cruise in 2025.  I love this class of ship!!  I'm not bothered that it only goes to Ensenada on my cruise, I'll still get off the ship to enjoy a delicious Mexican lunch at my favorite restaurant there, it's all about enjoying the ship for a few days. 

Anyone else excited about this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruising89143 said:

The itineraries leave a lot to be desired. Also, the prices are ridiculous based on the itineraries. Give me the NV any day.

The NV rates for the same time that QN operates from San Pedro don't look at all appealing to me.  Are you seeing cheaper rates for west coast residents?

42 minutes ago, twangster said:

The NV rates for the same time that QN operates from San Pedro don't look at all appealing to me.  Are you seeing cheaper rates for west coast residents?

Not referring to rates when it comes to choosing. I will take the NV over the QN when it comes to the two ships. Plus the NV offers seven night cruises that does the traditional MR and the QN does not. Ensenada leaves a lot to be desired. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Royal is taking newer ships on shorter itineraries to an all new level. Even I'm surprised and didnt thjnk royal could surprise. Too short. Waste of a nice new ship. 

I read a recent article that stated the shorter cruises are much more popular now. Royal is simply taking advantage of this current situation. The article also stated that the shorter cruises worked out better financially for Royal.

11 minutes ago, Cruising89143 said:

I read a recent article that stated the shorter cruises are much more popular now. Royal is simply taking advantage of this current situation. The article also stated that the shorter cruises worked out better financially for Royal.

East coast ships goto Coco Cay where they siphon money out of cruisers wallets, without burning a lot of fuel doing it. they have to figure out how to more Oasis class ships with the existing terminals. THis year they had freedom class doing them

2 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

East coast ships goto Coco Cay where they siphon money out of cruisers wallets, without burning a lot of fuel doing it. they have to figure out how to more Oasis class ships with the existing terminals. THis year they had freedom class doing them

Seems to me they have figured it out. Also for all those complaining about the larger ships like Oasis class doing the shorter cruises, we read the same complaints right here on CC when the Voyager and Freedom class moved to the three and four day itineraries. 

2 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I’m hoping the Quantum and Navigator drive some really cheap quicky cruises worth the flight for a weekend. 

They will. They’re always practically giving away Navigator sailings. A lot of times they’re half the price of similar Bahamas sailings from Florida. Now they doubled the capacity. 

5 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

They will. They’re always practically giving away Navigator sailings. A lot of times they’re half the price of similar Bahamas sailings from Florida. Now they doubled the capacity. 

That has not been the case for a while. Not sure why you continue to post this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

It’s 100% true. I see the prices regularly. 

No it’s not. We cruise on the NV multiple times a year and I can assure you the prices are not cheap. We all know that you have think Royal has hit rock bottom so some of us aren’t buying your stuff. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cruising89143 said:

No it’s not. We cruise on the NV multiple times a year and I can assure you the prices are not cheap. We all know that you have think Royal has hit rock bottom so some of us aren’t buying your stuff. 

I love LA cruises, it’s just a fact it’s not historically been a market that Royal has been able to penetrate. I would, and have, taken advantage of the lower rates out of CA. 

I would hope that if they are going to have 2 ships in LA they would put one of them on a regular 7-night schedule.  As mentioned, Ensenada does not have much to offer.  They need 7 nights to get in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta.  

• Like 2

Quantum has a what looks to be a 3 week dry dock in October in Singapore.  It will be interesting to see if they make any changes like removing Chinese language signage and the noodle bar, now that it's sailing from the US year-round

8 minutes ago, TYCruise said:

Quantum has a what looks to be a 3 week dry dock in October in Singapore.  It will be interesting to see if they make any changes like removing Chinese language signage and the noodle bar, now that it's sailing from the US year-round

The noodle bar was already changed last year when it was in Alaska. 

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Royal is taking newer ships on shorter itineraries to an all new level. Even I'm surprised and didnt thjnk royal could surprise. Too short. Waste of a nice new ship. 

Hey are reducing carbon emissions.  Shore haul will more more ports and L.A with shore power reduces it even more.