Elite tender question

ltthib

We are elite and are being joined by my brother and his wife on an upcoming cruise. There are a couple of tender ports  Will they (non elite) be allowed to tender with us or do we need to arrange to meet ashore?

Thanks

Bert

12 minutes ago, ltthib said:

We are elite and are being joined by my brother and his wife on an upcoming cruise. There are a couple of tender ports  Will they (non elite) be allowed to tender with us or do we need to arrange to meet ashore?

Thanks

Bert

In practice, PCL ship personnel have been allowing Elite member + 1.  Ask nicely and see what they advise.  Typical now is for the Loyalty Host to hand out priority tender passes and advise when to head down.  She will be the one to answer/advise.

We have found if you aren't abusing the privilege by bringing a whole group along, but just one or two people who are in your traveling party they are fine with it and allow them to join you in the Elite tendering lounge and depart the ship together. We were just on the Discovery over New Year's and my daughter's new husband who is not elite had no problem getting a ticket to go off with her and the rest of us who are elite. Same on all of our other cruises with a couple of friends or family members we have had join us. As Steelers pointed out, if you ask nicely and it is just a couple of people, I imagine you will find they are very accommodating.

Ask nicely and quietly and you often would be surprised at what you can receive.  My DW is unable to stand for more than a few minutes.  Hostess gave her priority pases at tender ports and assisted at dining room.

I believe the policy is that a non-Elite traveling in the same stateroom can accompany the Elite on priority tender - but not other passengers in different staterooms. However, as stated previously, Princess is not always consistent. The answer will be sometimes yes and sometimes no.

• Like 2

Out last Princess(UK) you just flashed your Medallion and joined the line.

Sometimes they had a couple of tenders worth of people lined up, not always possible to get on the current loading tender.

They only ever glanced at one even though there were 2 of us.

(🤔)

• Thanks 1

what I hear people are saying is if everyone brings only one other couple with them to share a benefit they didn't earn it doesn't mean much. If 150 people bring another 150 people that's a whole tender full. Sounds like a lot of people to me taking up a seat on the tender which essentially is cutting the line. 

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

what I hear people are saying is if everyone brings only one other couple with them to share a benefit they didn't earn it doesn't mean much. If 150 people bring another 150 people that's a whole tender full. Sounds like a lot of people to me taking up a seat on the tender which essentially is cutting the line. 

We have no status.  Last cruise were part of a group of 75.  We were the only people in the group that did not have priority status.  150 people cruising with people that do not have priority status.  Not likely.  Most cruisers are couples.

In my experience it depends. I’ve seen it allowed, but they were very strict in the tiny ports in Greenland about only allowing Elites to access the tenders from the lounge.

It’s probably more likely in a place like Princess Cays or Belize where they are running large tenders as opposed to smaller ports.

We generally just get in line for tickets when we travel with people who are not Elite.

We are bringing our daughter and her family (2 adults and 3 small children) with us this time.  We will ask when tendering, but if refused, we have no problem waiting in line with them in the regular lines.  We will stick together either way and enjoy our day together.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Out last Princess(UK) you just flashed your Medallion and joined the line.

Sometimes they had a couple of tenders worth of people lined up, not always possible to get on the current loading tender.

They only ever glanced at one even though there were 2 of us.

(🤔)

They should be checking each individual. 

6 hours ago, 555 said:

There are lots of things that should be done on ship but are not.

They were not checking individuals you just had to possess a Medallion of the right colour.

8 hours ago, insidecabin said:

There are lots of things that should be done on ship but are not.

They were not checking individuals you just had to possess a Medallion of the right colour.

Looks like any old medallion would suffice. 

14 hours ago, 555 said:

Well, every individualmis checked when they leave the ship and come back onboard.  I suppose if you've got one medallion to flash in order to join a line and your own medallion for security that will work but it will leave somebody without their medallion.  Unless you have an even more complicated scheme to get in a line.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Well, every individualmis checked when they leave the ship and come back onboard.  I suppose if you've got one medallion to flash in order to join a line and your own medallion for security that will work but it will leave somebody without their medallion.  Unless you have an even morusines se complicated scheme to get in a line.

New business opportunity. Coming soon to Ebay, door decoration, or duck tag.                          Want to get to the front of the line, and impress your fellow cruisemates with your status. Buy my used medallions and save space on my refrigerator.🤪

• Haha 3