Seen on the Horizon

My wife was at the dessert counter on the Lido, and two women there ask the attendant if there were any more cookies coming out. My wife thought that was strange, because there was still half a bowl of cookies left. A new batch of cookies comes out, and these women pull out Tupperware and Ziploc bags and start loading them up with the cookies!

I guess they were taking a supply home? That seems well over the line to me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

And people wonder why there are so many scooters on Carnival ships.

In fairness, there are probably more scooters on cruise ships because it's one of the few easy ways to travel for a person who needs a scooter. I imagine getting in and out of cars and buses makes that type of travel difficult for them.

• Like 1

God forbid you not have 24/7 access to crumbly dry cookies, right?

A lot of people do cruise simply because they can gorge themselves basically nonstop because the food is all included in the price of the vacation.

• Like 1

I saw a woman on debarkation morning grab 12 slices of toast. She sat and buttered every single one of them and put them in a container. The people sitting  next to her ( I was across) just stared. She didn’t care at all that people were watching ! I guess they were too cheap to stop for lunch on the way home. People are ridiculous!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/15/2024 at 1:06 PM, Earthworm Jim said:

My wife was at the dessert counter on the Lido, and two women there ask the attendant if there were any more cookies coming out. My wife thought that was strange, because there was still half a bowl of cookies left. A new batch of cookies comes out, and these women pull out Tupperware and Ziploc bags and start loading them up with the cookies!

Its all about them

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mama's looking good said:

My father and my husband are both diabetic and we put snacks like cookies in a ziploc to keep in the cabin/my bag for hypoglycemia at times when the food isn’t open. Why are you judging without actually knowing why she did it? 

Do you take an entire bowl like the OP witnessed? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Indiansbaseball said:

I saw a woman on debarkation morning grab 12 slices of toast. She sat and buttered every single one of them and put them in a container. The people sitting  next to her ( I was across) just stared. She didn’t care at all that people were watching ! I guess they were too cheap to stop for lunch on the way home. People are ridiculous!

Carnivals gonna Carnival 🗑️ 🤷🏻‍♀️

3 hours ago, allie3490 said:

Carnivals gonna Carnival 🗑️ 🤷🏻‍♀️

This is your contribution to the thread?

Hopefully person mentioned by OP has a reasonable explanation. Not that they owe it to anyone, but maybe there's more to it. As an outsider, it does seem a bit silly to be hoarding these things. 

1 hour ago, LAKingsFan said:

Hopefully person mentioned by OP has a reasonable explanation. Not that they owe it to anyone, but maybe there's more to it. As an outsider, it does seem a bit silly to be hoarding these things. 

What reasonable explanation could there be?  Unless you are getting dessert for a dozen or so of your mobility-impaired friends, I certainly can't think of one.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, staceyglow said:

What reasonable explanation could there be?  Unless you are getting dessert for a dozen or so of your mobility-impaired friends, I certainly can't think of one.

Not defending the act. It would have perturbed me as well. 

The post I quoted was the reason for my response more than the topic. 

On 3/15/2024 at 1:06 PM, Earthworm Jim said:

Sounds like they took a page out of the MSC playbook

I guess it's a good thing it wasn't bacon or everyone would be really upset and the person would be vilified even more. It was cookies for crying out loud. I personally don't care who takes how many and I doubt seriously that Carnival cares, either. Someone wanted something to snack on later. Who among us hasn't wanted that? (And before everyone jumps none of us have any idea how many people the two women were sailing with. Our next sailing will have 13 people in the group.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, LAKingsFan said:

Bingo

13 hours ago, staceyglow said:

To be fair, there is at least one thing that you could think of, and just did.   Someone else mentioned a medical reason for taking cookies to the room.  I could think of a few "reasonable" reasons on my own.  In reality, it could even be what you mentioned, we don't know.  Who knows.  

It's just cookies.  

3 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

To be fair, there is at least one thing that you could think of, and just did.   Someone else mentioned a medical reason for taking cookies to the room.  I could think of a few "reasonable" reasons on my own.  In reality, it could even be what you mentioned, we don't know.  Who knows.  

It's just cookies.  

Actually, it's just common courtesy.