The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday March 22nd, 2024

kazu

Evening all, I am unable to say good with all the horrible news today.

Prayers for the passengers and crew and officers on our beloved Nieuw Amsterdam.💔💔🙏.

Prayers for the Princess of Wales and her family. May healing be swift and pain free.

Heavy flooding rain is expected tomorrow.

Special blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Well, I am scheduled for surgery likely on April 22....

Prayers, positive thoughts and hugs as you prepare for and go through the procedure. Hope this brings the much needed relief you deserve.🙏❤️

• Like 15

2 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Thank you for the kind thoughts about my dad on what would have been his 98th birthday. He was a very good person with a heart of gold. His favorite phrase was "quit mucking around" and he could fix anything! 

In the Skagit Valley right now the daffodils are out and I treated myself to a drive this morning. Here are a couple of pictures of a couple of the fields. Today was overcast and not too many people out. Sunday is supposed to be sunny and it will be busy out there. I will stay home! 

Karen

Image(14).thumb.jpeg.9889f039155c4d265fb15ce0183e1a3f.jpeg

Image1(6).thumb.jpeg.84d0b0f8a22f41d7c7ec92803751d2a2.jpeg

Karen, thanks for the wonderful pictures of the daffodils.

48 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Well, I am scheduled for surgery likely on April 22.

The surgeon didn't think another injection would be of benefit long term. There are 2 types of surgery. One involves a big incision, and to get to the area of interest a lot of muscles have to be peeled away from the spine. As a result that area may remain weaker and movement of the vertebrae may occur. The other procedure is more minimally invasive and  involves a tubular retractor being inserted through a small incision and tools being passed through that. I chose that one, as did the doctor.

Regardless, no driving for 2 weeks. No bending, twisting and no lifting more than 5 lbs for 6 weeks. No PT for 6 weeks. 

I need to get bloodwork, CXR and EKG done, as well as a pre-op exam by my PCP. And check with my Cardiologist and Rheumatologist. Fun times!

Vanessa, while no one wants back surgery, sometimes it reaches a point where it is the best option.  I'm glad you and the surgeon agreed to go for the minimally invasive procedure.  I am sending positive thoughts that the surgery will relieve you pain and let you resume a normal life.

Lenda

• Like 15

Posted (edited)

Well, what was supposed to be a day of goofing off has turned upside down. After the sad news of the Princess' announcement of her health and the death of NA Crew, I've learned a local fireman was shot while responding to a welfare call in my city.🙏

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/arlington-firefighter-shot-on-duty/3495833/

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 12

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

The surgeon didn't think another injection would be of benefit long term. There are 2 types of surgery. One involves a big incision, and to get to the area of interest a lot of muscles have to be peeled away from the spine. As a result that area may remain weaker and movement of the vertebrae may occur. The other procedure is more minimally invasive and  involves a tubular retractor being inserted through a small incision and tools being passed through that. I chose that one, as did the doctor.

Regardless, no driving for 2 weeks. No bending, twisting and no lifting more than 5 lbs for 6 weeks. No PT for 6 weeks. 

I need to get bloodwork, CXR and EKG done, as well as a pre-op exam by my PCP. And check with my Cardiologist and Rheumatologist. Fun times!

Vanessa,  praying that this is the solution. May the pain not be too horrible over the next few weeks. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

I hope this a good solution for you!  🥰

• Like 10

@JazzyV Vanessa, while no one wants surgery, I am glad that there is a plan forward to help you.  Your situation has gone on way too long.  You can be sure that all the Dailyites will be reaching out to hold your hand during surgery and during your recovery.  

What a horrible event in Moscow.  I am so saddened by what is happening.  

@Haljo1935 I was relieved to read that while his injuries were critical, the firefighter was stable and progressing in a favorable manner.  Let's continue to pray for his full recovery.  

• Like 12

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I just hope that your results are comparable to mine, and I hope this message is encouraging. I had pinched nerves in my lower back causing such intense pain in my legs that I couldn't walk. I got steroid injections, which worked for about nine months. Then the injections didn't help, and I needed surgery.

The recovery from surgery took a long time. But in the end, it was worth it, more than I can say. The leg pain was gone, and I came back to myself. I hope for the best for you.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Oh my Vanessa!!  I am sorry you have to go through surgery but I pray that it resolves your pain for you 🙏 Best wishes and prayers for a smooth surgery and successful recovery 🙏 

10 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Well, what was supposed to be a day of goofing off has turned upside down. After the sad news of the Princess' announcement of her health and the death of NA Crew, I've learned a local fireman was shot while responding to a welfare call in my city.🙏

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/arlington-firefighter-shot-on-duty/3495833/

How awful 😢. Prayers for the fireman and his recovery 🙏 

• Like 7

@JazzyV  glad you finally have a plan --  hope it is super successful!  Just know it's a bit of a long recovery....I'm about 3 1/2 months out from my spine surgery & am still having good & bad days with pain.  Only did 4 PT sessions 'cause I didn't feel they were worthwhile... 4 exercises today, 3 different ones the next time,  4 different ones the next time & then I said 'Forget it".  I'm 79, not overweight & fairly active with my only limiting issue is emphysema (not on oxygen) so I thought my recovery would be easier than it seems to be.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

@JazzyV  glad you finally have a plan --  hope it is super successful!  Just know it's a bit of a long recovery....I'm about 3 1/2 months out from my spine surgery & am still having good & bad days with pain.  Only did 4 PT sessions 'cause I didn't feel they were worthwhile... 4 exercises today, 3 different ones the next time,  4 different ones the next time & then I said 'Forget it".  I'm 79, not overweight & fairly active with my only limiting issue is emphysema (not on oxygen) so I thought my recovery would be easier than it seems to be.

My quadriceps were in pain for at least 4, maybe 5 months. I also didn't stick with PT but walked regularly. My surgeon told me that was fine.

• Like 2