Full suite Room Service

resordanis

Can someone please tell me if room service is included in the full suite or do I have to pay a fee for all deliveries? If it makes any difference we have an old plus package!

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

Can someone please tell me if room service is included in the full suite or do I have to pay a fee for all deliveries? If it makes any difference we have an old plus package!

You can order from the room service menu or, they will bring you a menu from the dinning room and you can order food that's being served in the dining room.  You will not get served like in the dining room.  The food will be delivered all at once.  If you order through the app, the delivery fee is waived with the Plus package.  Not sure if it is also waived if ordering through the phone.

image.png.c76321f5b35542fdd5fb5d97b1005030.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dforeigner said:

You can order from the room service menu or, they will bring you a menu from the dinning room and you can order food that's being served in the dining room.  You will not get served like in the dining room.  The food will be delivered all at once.  If you order through the app, the delivery fee is waived with the Plus package.  Not sure if it is also waived if ordering through the phone.

image.png.c76321f5b35542fdd5fb5d97b1005030.png

Thank you! But how do I order thru a dining room menu if not via  by the phone I wonder?

Edited by resordanis

Not sure what the old plus package included, wonder if you could call princess and maybe you'd get a correct answer. Hopefully someone that had the experience with it will answer.

1 minute ago, Moondogy said:

Not sure what the old plus package included, wonder if you could call princess and maybe you'd get a correct answer. Hopefully someone that had the experience with it will answer.

Might be a job for Monday!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Might be a job for Monday!

I hope someone here can answer before Monday.....I hate to say I don't trust princess customer service line anymore from the things I've been reading. Unless you have a CVP or TA that could maybe answer.

Edited by Moondogy

42 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Thank you! But how do I order thru a dining room menu if not via  by the phone I wonder?

That's a suite perk.  Being able to order food from the dinning room.  So, you would need to use the phone for that.  Your cabin attendant should be able to help you out.  We never used that feature as we like to go to the dinning room.

If I am not mistaken the old plus package  did not include waiving of room service fees like the new one does so that would be $5 for a room service call I believe

9 hours ago, resordanis said:

Does the old Plus package mean that you paid $50 a day per person instead of the current $60 a day per person?

If you paid $30 or $50usd for your Plus Cruise Package, then room service delivery fee and Ocean Now activation fee is not included.  Room category makes no difference..

Room Service delivery is $5 per order when using the phone, and Ocean Now activation fee is $14.99 one time. If one of you activates Ocean Now, you can use that for delivery anywhere on the ship including to your cabin - however, you can't use it to order from the MDR as that's not coded into the Ocean Now delivery system. You have to call room service, this incurring the $5 charge. 

Or, upgrade to include all the extra items, including room service, ocean Now, medallion shipping, casual dining, juice bar, and so forth. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks all. We do intend to activate Ocean Now but thought this included room service. I understand if I order by phone it will be $7.50AUD. I cannot believe the confusion between old and new packages. Surely changing the name for new would have been much easier?

Edited by resordanis

If you have Plus or Premier, you will be able to order from room service (MDR) without being charged $5.  

If you do not have Plus or Premier, you will be charged $5 for each room serve order placed by phone. 

Ocean Now charge of $14.99 is not applicable to room service by phone.  Two different charges.

Suites do not have "priority" to order from Room Service by phone.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you have Plus or Premier, you will be able to order from room service (MDR) without being charged $5.  

If you do not have Plus or Premier, you will be charged $5 for each room serve order placed by phone. 

Ocean Now charge of $14.99 is not applicable to room service by phone.  Two different charges.

The OP has the old Plus package - which does not include room service or Ocean Now delivery. That's only in the new or $60usd/$65Aud package.

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

Thanks all. We do intend to activate Ocean Now but thought this included room service. I understand if I order by phone it will be $7.50AUD. I cannot believe the confusion between old and new packages. Surely changing the name for new would have been much easier?

Ocean Now delivery can be used for delivery anywhere, including your cabin. However, Ocean Now doesn't have the MDR menus for delivery - it's not coded in separately for those specific suites (the app isn't that sophisticated), so if you're going to order off the MDR menu for room service, you'll have to call - this incurring the $5usd/$7.50aud  charge. 

Is it lame or cheap that Princess charges a delivery fee for a Suite Perk? Yup.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

The OP has the old Plus package - which does not include room service or Ocean Now delivery. That's only in the new or $60usd/$65Aud package.

Ocean Now delivery can be used for delivery anywhere, including your cabin. However, Ocean Now doesn't have the MDR menus for delivery - it's not coded in separately for those specific suites (the app isn't that sophisticated), so if you're going to order off the MDR menu for room service, you'll have to call - this incurring the $5usd/$7.50aud  charge. 

Is it lame or cheap that Princess charges a delivery fee for a Suite Perk? Yup.  

Definately. We like going to the dining room, but as this is a 21 night cruise, there may be some days we just want to eat in and not dress up. We will just have to pay the $7.50 charge. Another interesting fact is that I would like a kettle. I am told I can’t have one, just order from room service…….that will incur a $7.50 charge for hot water!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thanks this is so confusing. I still think they should have changed the name between old and new. Pity we are getting penalised for booking early too.

24 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Definately. We like going to the dining room, but as this is a 21 night cruise, there may be some days we just want to eat in and not dress up. We will just have to pay the $7.50 charge. Another interesting fact is that I would like a kettle. I am told I can’t have one, just order from room service…….that will incur a $7.50 charge for hot water!

You can get tea and hot water in the morning using the door hanger no charge

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

You can get tea and hot water in the morning using the door hanger no charge

Yes I know that, but my husband has a tonic for IBS that I sometimes need in the middle of the night, that requires hot water and their answer is too ring room service.The kettle in the room for us is a no brainer, so convenient and so many other cruise lines sailing our if Australia have one in the room but that is another story for another day!

40 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Yes I know that, but my husband has a tonic for IBS that I sometimes need in the middle of the night, that requires hot water and their answer is too ring room service.The kettle in the room for us is a no brainer, so convenient and so many other cruise lines sailing our if Australia have one in the room but that is another story for another day!

Is your room adjacent to the Suite Concierge Lounge on Riviera deck?  If so it's open 24 X 7 and there is hot water available there so you could slip over there to get it.

If you are on the Enchanted then you have the concierge lounge which you can access at any time and there will be a machine there for tea and will dispense hot water. We often use it early morning for tea

4 hours ago, resordanis said:

You can ask your cabin steward for a kettle. There have been reports here that sometimes they will provide one even for cruises not specifically on Oz or European itineraries. The worst they can say is no but, they likely have some onboard and tend to give suite passengers a little more service.

Cheers

12 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

You can ask your cabin steward for a kettle. There have been reports here that sometimes they will provide one even for cruises not specifically on Oz or European itineraries. The worst they can say is no but, they likely have some onboard and tend to give suite passengers a little more service.

Cheers

We were not in a suite but on Majestic recently definitely no. As you said, they might be a little kinder this time. Thank you.

• Like 1

We have been sailing in suites, and unfortunately you will be charged for ordering room service.  I realize one of the benefits of being in a suite is that you can order off of the dining room menu,  You can order - but you need to pay for delivery!  I don't understand why they would do this for customers that are already paying probably double the cabin charge.  They really nickle and dime you to death.

• Like 2