Another situation where people came back late from an excursion, were left behind, and blamed the cruise line...

45 minutes ago, SRF said:

The problem is privacy laws

I take it you have detailed knowledge of the stroke victims condition and are familiar with privacy laws and practices in Sāo Tomé and Principe?

On 4/2/2024 at 7:47 PM, OCSC Mike said:

Just be aware it’s not always about saving money.

100%! Ships excursions are like training wheels, we've enjoyed our excursions more since we started finding our own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2024 at 7:31 PM, gfargo53 said:

we were on that train excursion.so were about 700 other passengers

If you bought the excursion through the cruise line, they will wait for you! If you bought the 

excursion from any other source, it's your responsibility to find a way to rejoin the ship, if they left you on the pier!

On 4/8/2024 at 11:27 PM, broberts said:

I take it you have detailed knowledge of the stroke victims condition and are familiar with privacy laws and practices in Sāo Tomé and Principe?

There are also the laws of the company of the ship.

Nope, I don't have details.  But in most cases no one is going to release info to anyone without authorization

Has anyone had personal experience of a cruise line contacting a noted emergency contact?  I wonder if it’s just a legal requirement to have such information.  On Celebrity during online checkin there is a place to list an emergency contact but the form only allows you to list a first name…no spaces.  LOL.  I suppose you could run their name together:  JohnGreen.

1 hour ago, IsanTom said:

If you bought the excursion through the cruise line, they will wait for you!

Actually they can leave without you. The language is written such that they guarantee you will be returned to the ship but that could include transporting you to the next port. I'm sure it's a very rare occurrence but that's how they worded it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Has anyone had personal experience of a cruise line contacting a noted emergency contact?  I wonder if it’s just a legal requirement to have such information.  On Celebrity during online checkin there is a place to list an emergency contact but the form only allows you to list a first name…no spaces.  LOL.  I suppose you could run their name together:  JohnGreen.

They probably don't need a last name. If you specify "John" and a phone number, they will probably be able to find the John who you specified.

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 10:13 AM, Tommynice said:

It's their fault, not the cruiselines. It really is that simple.  Gone are the days of people acting like adults, NOT acting like victims for their errors, and NOT blaming everyone but themselves.....

I've been scrolling through the comments on this thread and nobody has really pointed out that in the interviews with those cruisers and articles that have been linked in this thread, none of the stranded really blamed the cruise line for the situation. There's a lot of assuming going on in this thread without any real source where the group is cited as blaming the cruise line. It seems like they understand it was their responsibility.

OP even used "blamed the cruise line" when their own source didn't mention the pax blaming anyone at all.

Edited by notscb

9 hours ago, notscb said:

I've been scrolling through the comments on this thread and nobody has really pointed out that in the interviews with those cruisers and articles that have been linked in this thread, none of the stranded really blamed the cruise line for the situation. There's a lot of assuming going on in this thread without any real source where the group is cited as blaming the cruise line. It seems like they understand it was their responsibility.

OP even used "blamed the cruise line" when their own source didn't mention the pax blaming anyone at all.

When one of the passengers is quoted on an international interview “they (NCL) were too strict in the enforcement of their guidelines”; I consider that blame

• Like 2