"Access denied" for Royal Caribbean site....anyone else encountering this?

Posted (edited)

Trying to look up cruises and all I get is "access denies on this server". Any idea why? The link below would seem to suggest an error on their end rather than mine.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.royalcaribbean.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.f3d0df17.1712254567.30820ae7

https://errors.edgesuite.net/18.f3d0df17.1712254567.30820ae7

Edited by OnTheJourney

7 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

OK..thanks. Figured it wasn't any issue on my end.

Definitely not on your end. I keep getting the "It's not you, it's us" error trying to just login. 😦

• Like 3

I think they changed the app too. It was working fine this morning and then I just went back to it about 15 minutes ago ... it didn't recognize my email or password. Both aren't working.

Evidently it's not Royal's fault. There is a wide spread outage affecting several large corporations, including Costco and several others. On Celebrity's forum, someone gave the list. 

15 hours ago, joepeka said:

Definitely not on your end. I keep getting the "It's not you, it's us" error trying to just login. 😦

At least RCI is admitting that they are the problem.

12 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Evidently it's not Royal's fault. There is a wide spread outage affecting several large corporations, including Costco and several others. On Celebrity's forum, someone gave the list. 

We had a similar thing happen to us at the Charlotte, NC airport last month. Our flight got delayed which meant we were going to miss our connection in Baltimore. We were working with the gate agent to make a new itinerary to get us home. During the rebooking process, the computer shut down. The agent called the airport IT department and asked what was going on. Apparently there had been a glitch in the system and EVERY computer for EVERY airline at CLT had shut down and was rebooting. Oops.