Seascape YC our thoughts so far

Moparfiend

Overall: 10/10 Amazing 

Cleanliness - Super clean areas

Food - Excellent food, except the burgers, which need some donkey sauce or something, still decent, but Guys burgers are better. I rate it better then the Four Seasons which we stayed at pre cruise.

Staff - Room bulter team, the best we have had, Gusti is amazing. Crew are super friendly and quick.

Top sail lounge, awesome, great snacks and instant bar service willing to make pretty much any drink you can think of.

Pool deck, wonderful and the crew picks up left over towels every half hour, so no chair hogs.

Overall, as of day 3, best experience ever from more then 15 other cruises with other lines.

The ship, a beautiful and super shiney ultra clean masterpiece.

Well done MSC, you have taken the top spot with Yacht Club experiences.

We haven't tried the other experience offerings. You get what you pay for.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

MUSTER DRILL - new format, go at any time after boarding to have card scanned, watch video in room at any time, dial 881 from cabin phone and done.

Room - Every drawer is soft close, spotless, smells great, that diffuser is a nice touch. Shower had great pressure and plenty of room in (Deluxe Grand suite). Closet and two wardrobes give plenty of space.

Sofa is comfy, deck is a good size and they brought a lounger after asking.

Edited by Moparfiend
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Moparfiend said:

Overall: 10/10 Amazing 

Cleanliness - Super clean areas

Food - Excellent food, except the burgers, which need some donkey sauce or something, still decent, but Guys burgers are better. I rate it better then the Four Seasons which we stayed at pre cruise.

Staff - Room bulter team, the best we have had, Gusti is amazing. Crew are super friendly and quick.

Top sail lounge, awesome, great snacks and instant bar service willing to make pretty much any drink you can think of.

Pool deck, wonderful and the crew picks up left over towels every half hour, so no chair hogs.

Overall, as of day 3, best experience ever from more then 15 other cruises with other lines.

The ship, a beautiful and super shiney ultra clean masterpiece.

Well done MSC, you have taken the top spot with Yacht Club experiences.

We haven't tried the other experience offerings. You get what you pay for.

I drew my DW's attention to this post to hear some good news for a change. She said "where are the kids ?" Must be no kids on board this cruise?

• Like 1

Will be doing the Seascape YC in September., We are typically Haven but giving MSC YC a try since the prices are much better and love the full pool deck on MSC

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Glad all going well.  Our last Mera YC not so great from a food perspective.

Pizza always great.

Was this recent? We are onboard later this month. There have been posts that chef lisa is on. Do not know her but have heard good things. Pizza always good!

53 minutes ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Was this recent? We are onboard later this month. There have been posts that chef lisa is on. Do not know her but have heard good things. Pizza always good!

Chef Lisa was on board last month. Food was very good.

• Thanks 1

Mustafa, the YC director, does an amazing job.  He is everywhere!  I think after the complaints about towels being left last week, they are more proactive.  He strives to give an amazing experience, be sure to talk to him!  Enjoy your week, we did!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Moparfiend said:

MUSTER DRILL - new format, go at any time after boarding to have card scanned, watch video in room at any time, dial 881 from cabin phone and done.

Room - Every drawer is soft close, spotless, smells great, that diffuser is a nice touch. Shower had great pressure and plenty of room in (Deluxe Grand suite). Closet and two wardrobes give plenty of space.

Sofa is comfy, deck is a good size and they brought a lounger after asking.

This is very good news. The Cruise Director on Seashore told me two weeks ago that they were coming out with a new process to get rid of the cluster that is/was the current muster on my many cruises since the pandemic. This must be it. Thanks for something to look forward to.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, detwings said:

Chef Lisa is on Seascape?  Sean was the Head Chef about 3 weeks ago.  I understood Chef Lisa was on another ship someplace in Europe.  Can anyone confirm.

Chef Lisa was in response to Meraviglia being referenced (which would cause confusion as this thread is about Seascape). 

22 hours ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

October.

Shift towards seafood which not our thing.  Go to filets were super tough.  Also note YC Director non existent but later reports he was out and about.

Good news is Arthur should be there.

On 4/10/2024 at 7:23 AM, dexddd said:

October.

Shift towards seafood which not our thing.  Go to filets were super tough.  Also note YC Director non existent but later reports he was out and about.

Good news is Arthur should be there.

Didn't meet the YC director last July. We will see later this month if we do this time. So far looking forward to Arthur, Maitre'd and Lisa, Chef being on board from posts recently. And of course, fingers crossed for a great butler.

Mustafa noted he will still be in September.

YC time is almost up for us, disembarking in the morning.

Love YC, still a 10/10. 

We where able to get any food from any dining menu if we asked in advance. Not sure if that is a policy or courtesy. One member of our group has dietary restrictions so they loved getting option's from anywhere (basically).

Great job MSC YC

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

At the end of the cruise, getting off the ship was easy. 
We added a transfer to MIA (twenty one bucks pp) and they gave us the luggage tags with number 5 on them. 
At 7:45 we met the butler in the lounge, we had one carry on so he took that and led us down to deck 6 to be scanned out. Off the ship, we headed to pickup the luggage (which had the same number on it), and off we went to the bus.

The baggage area, and lack of walking space in the row meant one person could get the bag, and then walk back down the row, then another could go in to get another bag. They should have had more space between rows. 

The bus drops you off at one end or the other, and it's a hike to the terminal as MIA is a mess of an airport. I'd recommend taking an Uber and skipping the bus transfer.

I'm not sure of the Captains name, but he ends every notice with "Bye Byeeeee" 🙂