Flash Sale Upgrade Beverage Package

m8zenblue

8 minutes ago, cruzfiend said:

On our February 3 cruise, on the Beyond is on sale. Just checked and got the upgrade for $8.99 pp

OMG !!!

I was born and raised in Grand Rapids !

Moved south 8 years ago !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josie201 said:

Keep checking your bookings.  Mine didn't have any discount until today - 35% off.  Booked with OBC and will continue to hope/watch for the 50% off sale sometime.  I don't think about what I'm saving, but rather with the sale the upgrade cost for us is just under $10 pp/pd all in.  Well worth it to us. 

No discount on mine yet, but I will keep checking!

Only discount showing for me is 20% which I think is our Elite + discount or am I misunderstanding?  It's been 20% since I booked the cruise months ago.  If everyone else has the 20% discount, I wonder if I should pursue the E+ discount with X? 

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Only discount showing for me is 20% which I think is our Elite + discount or am I misunderstanding?  It's been 20% since I booked the cruise months ago.  If everyone else has the 20% discount, I wonder if I should pursue the E+ discount with X? 

That’s all I was seeing till this morning.  We are also elite +

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 2:35 PM, m8zenblue said:

I just saw that X is having a flash sale, upgrade Classic to Premium.

Was, $10.99 per person, now, $8.99 per person.

I upgraded for $8.99 (mainly wanted better wines at dinner).  I got Elite status from diamond +.  What is the Elite discount that I see mentioned??

10 minutes ago, squadron said:

I upgraded for $8.99 (mainly wanted better wines at dinner).  I got Elite status from diamond +.  What is the Elite discount that I see mentioned??

X won't apply your "status" to Flash Sales, bummer.

I did the upgrade for classic to premium when it was 25% off. I called Celebrity and received the 35% off plus the difference added to our on board credit!!

Thanks for posting the flash sale. Can’t wait to board on April 29,

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked my Celebrity Account to update my new passport for 11MAY24 6-night Edge Alaska cruise.

At the end of DEC23 I booked 'cruise only' + 'premium wifi' + 'premium drinks'. Combining this resulted, in 200 USD cheaper than 'All-Included' (Shoot me!)

Premium drinks at that time was 504 USD. Now about two weeks before sailing, I was updating my new passport details and noticed a 50% flash sale on drinks.

To my surprise, I was able to cancel the premium drinks package and get a full refund. 1 minute later, I booked the new (flash sale) premium drinks package for just 360 USD.

Saved 144 USD! Woop woop!

#extremecouponing 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GVM said:

To my surprise, I was able to cancel the premium drinks package and get a full refund. 1 minute later, I booked the new (flash sale) premium drinks package for just 360 USD.

Yes, you learned how to play the game.

Well played, fellow cruiser.

Enjoy those martinis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, AidenL said:

Anyone have any idea when the next sale will be?

They seem to be quite random but often they align with holidays.  Our next major holiday is coming up in May.

My problem is, my drinks package isn't even showing in my planner so there's no option to upgrade.  Not sure how to fix it.

7 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

They seem to be quite random but often they align with holidays.  Our next major holiday is coming up in May.

My problem is, my drinks package isn't even showing in my planner so there's no option to upgrade.  Not sure how to fix it.

This happened to me so I called Celebrity and the rep had to add it in via some sort of code. I also upgraded the package on that call. HTH

6 hours ago, mathed101 said:

This happened to me so I called Celebrity and the rep had to add it in via some sort of code. I also upgraded the package on that call. HTH

Thank you!  I will give this a try. But I reached out to my TA as well and she said it didn’t show bc I have a group rate and I’d have to upgrade once on board. I hope this isn’t the case bc then I can’t take advantage of the sale. 

26 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thank you!  I will give this a try. But I reached out to my TA as well and she said it didn’t show bc I have a group rate and I’d have to upgrade once on board. I hope this isn’t the case bc then I can’t take advantage of the sale. 

I have a group rate with my ta and I was able to upgrade at 35% off by logging in with my celebrity login. I did not call my ta or celebrity. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

I have a group rate with my ta and I was able to upgrade at 35% off by logging in with my celebrity login. I did not call my ta or celebrity. 

Was the fact that you had a drinks package already showing in your cruise planner?  My package is not.  And whom did you call?  The general Celebrity number or did you call Captain's Club?  

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

8 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Was the fact that you had a drinks package already showing in your cruise planner?  My package is not.  And whom did you call?  The general Celebrity number or did you call Captain's Club?  

I did add the basic package to my initial booking. 
I did not call anyone; I logged into the Celebrity site & purchased the upgrade. Used my OBC to cover most of it. 
I’ve heard there are sometimes (not very often) 50% off sales so I log in every few days hoping to catch one. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

I did add the basic package to my initial booking. 
I did not call anyone; I logged into the Celebrity site & purchased the upgrade. Used my OBC to cover most of it. 
I’ve heard there are sometimes (not very often) 50% off sales so I log in every few days hoping to catch one. 

When is your cruise?  It may be due to how close the cruise is.  Ours is in Nov.  I check often and no discount other than the 20% which is always showing for Elite +.....and I'm not sure that it shows only for me and not for everyone else....Elite + or not.

7 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

When is your cruise?  It may be due to how close the cruise is.  Ours is in Nov.  I check often and no discount other than the 20% which is always showing for Elite +.....and I'm not sure that it shows only for me and not for everyone else....Elite + or not.

Ours is November. I currently have the 35% offer.