Help boarding

justjan2

I know I am going to get a lot of negative comments, but, I have a question. I am a lung cancer patient. Had a lobectomy and chemo. I have a problem with nausea and motion sickness. In the past I could take dramamine-ish type medication. It is no longer effective. I have been taking low mq marijuna gummies to help. Has anyone had an issue boarding a ship in San Francisco or Vancouver with gummies? Thank you for understanding.

Unfortunately, your gummies aren't allowed on the ship. In addition, since you mention Vancouver, you would be unable to take them across the border. Perhaps talk to your doctor about an alternative? I'm glad the gummies work for you otherwise. No judgement here. But bringing them on the cruise just isn't legal.

• Like 1

Hi 

Currently, it is prohibited. They do have dogs sniffing all your bags. The contract that you are presumably accepting when purchasing the cruise, state the penalties. It's in the fine print. You are accepting their rules. 

It is illegal to cross the Can/U.S. border with cannabis products. (even though it is legal to use within the country)

People smuggle a kinds of things every day, but, is it worth it for the sake of a cruise?

Few years ago, put some gummies in pill box with my regular pills.  Didn’t realize it was forbidden as was legal in my state.  Don’t think I’d try again

Actually if you are caught with gummies with THC you will be removed from the ship.  Have seen it happen twice.

There are sometimes dogs to sniff out drugs.

A definite no for me as the penalty could be really harsh.

I am sorry for your health situation and that the effective treatment for it is not currently legal in many places. The issue here will be crossing international borders. Neither the US nor Canada allow for the transport of THC into our out of the country, even if it is legal within those countries. Because of the varying international laws, to my knowledge, ALL cruise lines ban it from being brought onboard.

Thank you to everyone that responded. Just thought I would update you. The Carnival passenger that was banned for life has had the ban reversed. They also received a partial refund for the cruise fare and all of the port charges.

• Like 1

Nausea and chemo is an often told story. Sorry you have this to deal with. Call your Oncologist and mention the cruise legal restriction and your developed resistance to what you have been taking, whether diphenhydrinate or diphenhydramine.  He or she can recommend an alternative.