Difficulties making dinner bookings on the app

Several months ago I made dinner bookings for our January 2025 cruise on Sapphire Princess. Since then we’ve cancelled and rebooked the cruise at a lower price. I now need to rebook our dinners as we have a new booking number, but the app won’t let me. I’ve tried different dining rooms and specialty dining to no avail. 

Does anyone know what this error message might mean? Thank you.

IMG_1665.png

51 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Use the website I’ve had to make some of mine that way.

I’ve just tried that but the site refers me back to the app for dining bookings. Maybe I’m not looking under the correct tab, but I can’t find a link on the website. 

I’m amazed you were able to make dining reservations so far out!  For our upcoming May 24 cruise, I tried repeatedly to make reservations but it wouldn’t accept anything until about 60 days out.  The help desk on our previous cruise said we could book as soon as we got off that ship.  Not so!  And of course there’s no help desk after you disembark.  Easy way to pass on a problem.  Hope the new Princess app is better than the old one!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greenumbrella said:

I’m amazed you were able to make dining reservations so far out!  For our upcoming May 24 cruise, I tried repeatedly to make reservations but it wouldn’t accept anything until about 60 days out.  The help desk on our previous cruise said we could book as soon as we got off that ship.  Not so!  And of course there’s no help desk after you disembark.  Easy way to pass on a problem.  Hope the new Princess app is better than the old one!

I have dining booked for my March 2025 sailing with my friends.  I was told that Elite and suites can book dining times as soon as the booking is make.  Everyone else is after final payment has been made.  

• Like 1

Just made dinner reservations yesterday for a cruise in may of next year.  Had to use the app on my phone, website wouldn't let me.  It acted kinda "stupid" and kept defaulting to a cruise we are on next saturday.  After poking around, something made it come up with a box at the bottom of the page to switch cruises.  This finally allowed me to get to our cruise next year.  Tried to make dining reservations and it said the cruise had to be completely paid for or you had to meet some other criteria, one of which was captains circle platinum.  (which I thought I was).  Clicked on my account details and it showed that, yes, I was platinum.  Went back to making dining reservations and this time it worked.  Point being, if you meet one of the criteria poke around and it may start to work.

We’re booked in a suite on Sun Princess in December. When trying to make dinner reservations on the app only Butchers Block shows up. At one point Spellbound appeared and we were able to book that but ever since it’s just been BB. 

2 hours ago, phow1963 said:

We’re booked in a suite on Sun Princess in December. When trying to make dinner reservations on the app only Butchers Block shows up. At one point Spellbound appeared and we were able to book that but ever since it’s just been BB. 

Sun Princess dining is currently only open through end of May. For everyone.

BB and Spellbound come and go for reservations but everything else, not open yet past May 2024.

• Like 1

Again, new system going into effect in September.  One MDR fixed seating - early/late.  One MDR varied reservations.  One MDR walk up only.

Need to read the thread as many reservations are cancelled with limits as to when new reservations allowed.

• Like 1

I have tried both the app and the website for my upcoming June cruise, 48 days away.  It will let me reserve a MDR for my cabin booking but will not allow me to add in my friend’s cabin booking.  Pretty useless system if you can’t book for everyone in your party.

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Again, new system going into effect in September.  One MDR fixed seating - early/late.  One MDR varied reservations.  One MDR walk up only.

I’ve read on a FB site that all reservations made for after 1st September have been cancelled and you will have to reserve again.

5 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

See the recent post about "New Dining Room Changes Coming Fleetwide?"

This is our first sailing with Princess and I was starting to think I had imagined I’d made the dining bookings with our first cruise which is next January. However we did get a refund for the specialty bookings we’d made, so I know I had booked dining previously. It seems there has been a change since then and unless you’re at certain loyalty levels or have paid in full, you can’t book ahead of time. Thanks everyone for your responses. Very helpful. 

Princess cancelled ALL MDR reservations for cruises starting on or after 1 September.   Your loyalty level does not effect the cancelations.

Starting in June (date TBA) reservations will be accepted for the new dining room setup. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Platinum too. 

I wish!  We are platinum and haven't been able to book dining on our upcoming Sept 2024 sailing on the Sun.  Maybe after final payment?  🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Princess cancelled ALL MDR reservations for cruises starting on or after 1 September.   Your loyalty level does not effect the cancelations.

Starting in June (date TBA) reservations will be accepted for the new dining room setup. 

From the pinned thread it looks like bookings will be possible from 17 June. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I wish!  We are platinum and haven't been able to book dining on our upcoming Sept 2024 sailing on the Sun.  Maybe after final payment?  🤷‍♀️

As noted, above and elsewhere - Sun Princess dining isn't yet open past end of May 2024.  You're simply too early..

Everyone is in the same boat (pun intended).  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Yes. Platinum too. But even PES can only book when bookings open. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Platinum too. 

Yes, we have been able to do bookings for a years time as Platinum, of course that is going to be cancelled in next couple of days as they roll out the new dining regime

I just tried to book dining reservations for a summer cruise.  Got the same error message.  I have all the loyalty levels so that shouldn't be a. problem for me...haha.

If I do get in, I get the other error message.  No availability.

Princess forced me to delete the old app (no longer supported).

22 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

Several months ago I made dinner bookings for our January 2025 cruise on Sapphire Princess. Since then we’ve cancelled and rebooked the cruise at a lower price. I now need to rebook our dinners as we have a new booking number, but the app won’t let me. I’ve tried different dining rooms and specialty dining to no avail. 

Does anyone know what this error message might mean? Thank you.

IMG_1665.png

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

Yes. Platinum too. But even PES can only book when bookings open. 

How does one know when the dining booking opens?  I don't remember having an issue before I guess.

37 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

How does one know when the dining booking opens?  I don't remember having an issue before I guess.

S9 far, as more dates have opened for Sun, it's been posted here and other Princess forums..

Basically, try once a week or so - although if you're not sailing til September or later, you'll have a wait..  

You'll get to eat, no worries.

On 4/13/2024 at 10:09 AM, disgirl said:

I have dining booked for my March 2025 sailing with my friends.  I was told that Elite and suites can book dining times as soon as the booking is make.  Everyone else is after final payment has been made.  

Looking forward to this cruise.  I am booked on the same and replied on your roll call.  Sadly I can not book dinner reservations yet, I called the help desk and they said not until about 120 days out.  I will keep trying anyway.

6 minutes ago, oceanlover1031 said:

Looking forward to this cruise.  I am booked on the same and replied on your roll call.  Sadly I can not book dinner reservations yet, I called the help desk and they said not until about 120 days out.  I will keep trying anyway.

Guess lots of you missed the beginning of this thread and the press release that there are new dining reservations setup.  Thus anything after 14 September has been cancelled and bookings will open on June 17th.

Oceanlover - you and everyone else will need to wait for MDR reservations