Free specialty dining question - can we combine our two meals to one meal for family of 4

We are a family of 4 booked in one club balcony room. The free specialty dining says we get two meals for guests 1 and 2. Do they allow us to use meal credits for other family members? I.e, use all 4 credits in one meal for all 4 guests instead of two meals for two guests.

TIA!

Bummer. Is it still worth it if we have to pay out of pocket for guests 3 and 4? We booked a 9 night Mediterranean cruise with 0 sea days. We are planning to maximize our time on land.

53 minutes ago, Baobaokitty said:

Bummer. Is it still worth it if we have to pay out of pocket for guests 3 and 4? We booked a 9 night Mediterranean cruise with 0 sea days. We are planning to maximize our time on land.

It will most likely be cheaper if you bought the 2 meal plan for guests 3 and 4 instead of paying menu prices for them 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

It will most likely be cheaper if you bought the 2 meal plan for guests 3 and 4 instead of paying menu prices for them 

What does purchasing 2 meal plan mean? Didn’t see the option when we booked. Sorry ignorant question, haven’t sailed NCL for a long time

13 minutes ago, Baobaokitty said:

What does purchasing 2 meal plan mean? Didn’t see the option when we booked. Sorry ignorant question, haven’t sailed NCL for a long time

When you log into your NCL account, select the "Explore & Plan" option for your booking.  Then click on the "Dining" option.  Follow the links to "Specialty Dining Package" for full information and to sign up.

14 minutes ago, Baobaokitty said:

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/dining-packages

You can buy them a 2 meal plan for $99, plus tips.  So it's basically $50 per meal.  I don't know which restaurants you plan on going to, but the a la carte price for the mail will most likely be more than $50

• Like 2

Would also depend on the age and appetite for the others. If they are younger and not going to eat a 4 course meal then al a carte may be better. If that is the case look at the sample menus on the app and see what is there and price. 

2 hours ago, Baobaokitty said:

It is a lot better to buy 2-meal plans for Guests 3 and 4. 

Also kids can share some of yours. If you eat light you can share 2 dinners  Each voucher is for 2 that should be plenty to share. Especially if you go to food republic la cucina andc

Cagneys. Hubby and I had 2 app shared primerib or lamb chops and 2 desserts. 

7 hours ago, Baobaokitty said:

Only you can answer that for yourself.  "Worth it" is highly subjective.  Look at the cost of buying what you are asking about and see if you think it is worth the price,  As to the origianl question, NO.

2 hours ago, Grandmafreddie said:

If you book a balcony you get 2 dinning vouchers which allows you to share. The dinners you get with latitudes you don't. Found this on my last cruise.

I don't think this is correct.  (Perhaps someone allowed it, but I would not bank on it.)

Vouchers are given for Latitude rewards status of Platinum or above.  Each voucher provides dinner for two.  Only two vouchers are provided per cabin, even if more than one guest has the status.

Free at Sea is not a voucher and applies specifically to guests 1 and 2 in the cabin.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Grandmafreddie said:

If you book a balcony you get 2 dinning vouchers which allows you to share. The dinners you get with latitudes you don't. Found this on my last cruise.

It is actually the other way round. If someone allowed you to share the free at sea dining credits then you were lucky.

The latitudes vouchers are actually shareable in that they are vouchers for meals for two people and you can take whoever you want as the second guest.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, itsnotjustme said:

I don't think this is correct.  (Perhaps someone allowed it, but I would not bank on it.)

Vouchers are given for Latitude rewards status of Platinum or above.  Each voucher provides dinner for two.  Only two vouchers are provided per cabin, even if more than one guest has the status.

Free at Sea is not a voucher and applies specifically to guests 1 and 2 in the cabin.

Just a minor thing, but you do get more than two latitudes vouchers if there are more than two people in the room who quality.

The standard is two vouchers if there are one or two platinums in the room, but if a third or fourth person qualifies then you should get another pack of vouchers.

12 hours ago, Grandmafreddie said:

ummmm

9 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

I don't think this is correct.

It's not.  Grandmafreddie has them swapped.

7 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

It is actually the other way round. If someone allowed you to share the free at sea dining credits then you were lucky

Yup, 100%

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Grandmafreddie said:

If you book a balcony you get 2 dinning vouchers which allows you to share.  Found this on my last cruise.

This is incorrect. In fact, the dining package terms and conditions says "no sharing" or giving a credit to someone else five times in one paragraph. 

Dining package Terms and Conditions: SDPs are personal (per person, e.g., 2 guests cannot share 1 SDP meal) and non-transferable (guests cannot give their SDP meals to someone else)... No sharing or to go orders permitted.

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Grandmafreddie said:

You have that 100% backwards!  The two free meals with FAS are NOT sharable and no voucher.  They are noted on your key card and only you can use them.  The latitide meals are a set oy vouchers which will be in your cabin.

You found out wrong.

• Like 2

Sit  at the table, some use their vouchers and some do a la carte.

if not that hungry just pick the cheapest item on the menu.

At food republic and sushi it is easy to forget to order those extra items if one person does all the ordering if the server notices have a cheap item in your mind(order them last). 

Once the food is on the table they don't care(as much) who actually eats it.