4 p.m. production shows on Sky

karatemom2

Our journey schedule for our summer cruise on the Sky is providing a nice preview of the entertainment schedule, and I was surprised to see at least two of the production shows - Rock Opera and Spotlight Bar - scheduled for a 4 p.m. time, as well as 8 and 10 p.m.  

I wonder if this is unique to Sky Princess, or if anyone has noticed this on other ships? I love that they are offering three shows which should help with crowding, but also really like the idea of having the option of going to a show before dinner. That hour is generally kind of down time for us - usually maybe hit trivia or go freshen up before dinner, so it’s nice to have the choice to see the show earlier and free up your after dinner time. DH won’t have to fret about not being there promptly to open up the craps table! 😁

Even though we have seen these shows, I always enjoy seeing them again and with different casts, so I welcome this added time option and hope to see it on other ships. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Interesting!  We are going on the Sky in August.  I didn't see anything on the app.  Are you past final payment?  We are not.

We are on the June 15 sailing and our Ship Schedule under Journey view has been filling up over the past week at just a little over 60 days out. It’s a nice surprise to have so much detail this early. 

Since you are not traveling until August, I would imagine yours will start showing up sometime in June if our pattern holds up. 

• Thanks 1

I have been putting a recommendation for matinee shows on post cruise surveys for years.  I think they would be a great addition, especially for sea days.  Even solo shows by the featured singers would be welcome.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DCThunder said:

I have been putting a recommendation for matinee shows on post cruise surveys for years.  I think they would be a great addition, especially for sea days.  Even solo shows by the featured singers would be welcome.

Looks like someone is listening, at least for the production shows. None of the other entertainment was scheduled for that time, but I do like your idea of extending it to other entertainers. It is nice to have options!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Our journey schedule for our summer cruise on the Sky is providing a nice preview of the entertainment schedule, and I was surprised to see at least two of the production shows - Rock Opera and Spotlight Bar - scheduled for a 4 p.m. time, as well as 8 and 10 p.m.  

I wonder if this is unique to Sky Princess, or if anyone has noticed this on other ships? I love that they are offering three shows which should help with crowding, but also really like the idea of having the option of going to a show before dinner. That hour is generally kind of down time for us - usually maybe hit trivia or go freshen up before dinner, so it’s nice to have the choice to see the show earlier and free up your after dinner time. DH won’t have to fret about not being there promptly to open up the craps table! 😁

Even though we have seen these shows, I always enjoy seeing them again and with different casts, so I welcome this added time option and hope to see it on other ships. 

We are on Sky on June 1st for 14 nts, we have the same at 4 pm one each week.

• Like 1

We were on Sky a week ago and yes, the production shows were shown for a 3rd time during a sea day afternoon. Times varied from, I think, 1330 to 1630 depending on the show. It certainly helped with getting a seat at the evening performances!

• Like 3

Do the current production shows still use a live "ships band" to provide the music?  I'd heard that some of the shows were going to pre-recorded music to eliminate the cost of a live band.

Duh. Having a production show with a theater that seats far less than half the passengers?  

As one who has cruised lots on Celebrity with always live music for shows it was sad to see live music largely gone on Emerald.  

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

We were on the transatlantic aboard the Sky, and the shows were at the normal evening times. I can’t imagine that a 4 o’clock show would work well.

I don't see why not.  There are passengers who don't go ashore.  There are (maybe) sea days.  There might be short port days.  The ED can schedule a 4 PM show on those days that don't have a conflict.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

We were on the transatlantic aboard the Sky, and the shows were at the normal evening times. I can’t imagine that a 4 o’clock show would work well.

I’m really looking forward to having the option. Often there is a lot going on after dinner and the chance to be able to catch the show early is not only convenient, but helps spread out the crowding among three shows. It’s no different then theatre offering a matinee. 

• Like 1

The word SKY Princess caught my eye. We have not done this ship, but it is in the "thinking mode." As for the afternoon show, that sounds good to me as well. If you have done the Sky within the past couple of years, would you mind giving me your pros/cons of this ship. The reason I ask, I have about 7 others that are depending upon me for feedback on the ship.

On 4/26/2024 at 7:00 PM, karatemom2 said:

I’m really looking forward to having the option. Often there is a lot going on after dinner and the chance to be able to catch the show early is not only convenient, but helps spread out the crowding among three shows. It’s no different then theatre offering a matinee. 

I would love a 4 PM show!  That fits right into my schedule. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, beshears said:

The word SKY Princess caught my eye. We have not done this ship, but it is in the "thinking mode." As for the afternoon show, that sounds good to me as well. If you have done the Sky within the past couple of years, would you mind giving me your pros/cons of this ship. The reason I ask, I have about 7 others that are depending upon me for feedback on the ship.

Just 2 cons no Crooners if you like that bar and too much wasted space for photos, however now been on 5 times so they must be doing something right