Medallion Wrist Bands

Goofyisme

Does anyone have any experience with the wrist band medallions?

How well do they fit?  How sizeable are they?  Do they wear well for a 10 or 14 day cruise?

Can't use the necklace and looking at the alternatives

Thanks

There were 8 of us on our last cruise, all had Princess wrist bands including the 4 year old and the 7 year old. They worked great and were very convenient. The ones the kids had are just the smallest size (that a small adult might use), but even those could be adjusted to fit. I have one that has now been on 3 cruises and it is still holding up well. It took me a few cruises to buy one (used OBC). Now, if I wear it out, I'll immediately buy another one. It's just so handy. 

However, I would wait until you get on board to buy one. That way you can try it and be sure you like the fit.

They work great!  We were actually gifted our's from strangers we were chatting with as they were disembarking a ship we were about to board in Sydney Australia!  At first I thought the one I had was malfunctioning as it wouldn't hold the Medallion but a trip to the Ocean Navigator desk yielded the tidbit that you need to put it in a certain position in the wristband.  They are very sturdy and I use it when we were in port.  On the ship I use the clip.  By the way the small fit me but was a bit tight.  I ended up using the large one as my husband wasn't interested in it but a medium would have been perfect for me.

Posted (edited)

I really love my bracelet - I've worn it on three cruises now. It is very comfy and looks nice as well. I purchased the gold, but they come in silver too.

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Aren't they only available in kids size?

I've been retired for 8 years now and while my DW of 48 years may differ, I occasionally consider myself full-grown.

Edited by Bemidji Ty
Govt Regulations
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I think mine were "kid sized" but not really as they fit my husband as well. Look for ones that have a sizing guide. I paid about $10 for 4. They work fine, used them on 2 cruises so far.  

1 hour ago, Earthworm Jim said:

No. Certain manufacturers make them for adults. Sadly, there are adults with cognitive issues that cause them to wander, so equipping them with Air Tags is as useful for them as it is for children. Just do a search that includes the word “adult” and you should find what you need. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

I really love my bracelet - I've worn it on three cruises now. It is very comfy and looks nice as well. I purchased the gold, but they come in silver too.

I love my bracelet, too! I have it in gold and have used it on two cruises already. I’m considering buying the silver so I can have a different look to wear with silver jewelry. 

• Like 1

Love my wrist band. Sometimes I have a problem getting the scanner to recognize the medallion when I'm leaving the ship. I hear the air tag bands work also. There is one you can get that attaches to your watch band. On my last cruise a lot of people were wearing the lanyards. 

Posted (edited)

here is my review of the airtag wrist bands I bought on amazon:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2897524-enchanted-thanksgiving-2022-southern-caribbean-review-with-patters-menus-and-pics-of-food/#comment-64399784

Basically, my DH and I had to have it on the last hole, but my DH hates anything tight on this body (socks, shoes, clothing, wrist band), so even though his wrists are smaller than my fluffy ones, I found the wrist band comfy, while he thought it was too tight.

Also, read the reviews on amazon - they will tell you whether the wrist band is too tight.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Before I used to wrap the lanyard around my wrist ending in a kind of half hitch.  It was kind of clumsy which is probably why Mrs Ldubs bought a wrist band for me from one of the onboard Princess shops. I typically have to add links to a standard watch band to make it fit.  The large wrist band fit fine.   I've had it for two cruises now.  

Another vote for the bracelet!   It really looks nice.   Mine is gold because that was all they had at the time.  I too might consider getting one in silver.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ccqueenanne said:

I got this 3-pack on Amazon and they even fit my husband's big boned wrist.I've used them multiple times already.

These look like they have square holes and the pictures of the medallion look round.  Does the medallion stay secure in this?

15 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

These look like they have square holes and the pictures of the medallion look round.  Does the medallion stay secure in this?

Yea, those fit Fitbit and not AirTags. Go with the bands that fit AirTags 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alwalaska said:

They fit just fine and stay secure - even in the pool.

• Thanks 1

When we did our first medallion cruise in 2017 the wrist bands was part of the free package with everything else you got with the medallions and we have still been using them on every other cruise we've been on and they are still working great.