Princess Website Cruise Search: No longer filter for number of guests

Thought I'd check on some possible future cruises.  I'm a solo cruiser.  Went to look, and the pull-down option for "number of guests" has been removed.  The format of the pull-down menu (remaining are "stateroom" "sort" and "region") has changed to space the three options out, where there were four before.

Is Princess telling us solo cruisers that they don't want us, and (like Royal and Celebrity) pushing us to NCL as the only mainsteam line that seems to welcome solo cruisers?

I typically search using my computer rather than phone (I can view things easier!)

Using Google Chrome, the option is not there on the web site. Likewise Edge and DuckDuckGo.

However, using Safari on my phone, the "number of guests" option is still there.  (As you showed.)

So, website glitch, or "feature" that they'll remove overall once they change the code for a mobile device?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BDevilCruiser said:

So, website glitch, or "feature" that they'll remove overall once they change the code for a mobile device?

I would lean towards a glitch, I can't see that search option being removed.  🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BDevilCruiser said:

I typically search using my computer rather than phone (I can view things easier!)

Using Google Chrome, the option is not there on the web site. Likewise Edge and DuckDuckGo.

I just did a search using Google Chrome and it looked the same as usual to me.  

Screenshot 2024-04-19 3.31.29 PM.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

I would lean towards a glitch, I can't see that search option being removed.  🙂

First, thanks for your quick responses, and checking on your phone (frankly, I wouldn't have thought about that!)

Other cruise lines, specifically Royal and Celebrity (same owner) removed the "solo search" option a year or so ago.  Meaning that to compare cruise costs, a user would have to go into each individual cruise to select one cruiser.  That's tedious.  And, about the same time, the costs for solos started being more that 200% on a fairly regular basis.

On the glitch side, there was a period about a month or so ago when the "number of guests" option didn't change from two, even if you clicked on the pull-down menu.  So, hoping this is a glitch.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BDevilCruiser said:

First, thanks for your quick responses, and checking on your phone (frankly, I wouldn't have thought about that!)

Other cruise lines, specifically Royal and Celebrity (same owner) removed the "solo search" option a year or so ago.  Meaning that to compare cruise costs, a user would have to go into each individual cruise to select one cruiser.  That's tedious.  And, about the same time, the costs for solos started being more that 200% on a fairly regular basis.

On the glitch side, there was a period about a month or so ago when the "number of guests" option didn't change from two, even if you clicked on the pull-down menu.  So, hoping this is a glitch.

I'm not sure what you mean.  I have never seen any option to select the number of passengers until after you have selected a specific cruise.  You seem to be insinuating that in the past there has been an option to select the number of passengers at the same point where you are setting the other filters (e.g. destination, length, month, embarkation port, ship). Am I misunderstanding you?

• Like 3

I typically search on my phone because there isan extra drop down that allows meto select one passanger. It is not available on the full website until I look at room pricing. This is what it looks like from my phone. 

Screenshot_20240419_160647_Samsung Internet.jpg

Posted (edited)

I'm a solo cruiser, nothing has changed for me.  I search cruises with my probook laptop, not my phone.

I'm checking every day because cruises I've picked are so booked up.  I chose cabins but keep looking in case something changes.

Every longer cruise I'm on has many solo cruisers can't imagine taking that away.

Edited by susancruzs

55 minutes ago, BDevilCruiser said:

Using Google Chrome, the option is not there on the web site

I used Chrome today, and the option for 1 was definitely present.

image.thumb.png.56e4620fc39b8cc6f379a126577074e4.png

27 minutes ago, msmoger said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  I have never seen any option to select the number of passengers until after you have selected a specific cruise.  You seem to be insinuating that in the past there has been an option to select the number of passengers at the same point where you are setting the other filters (e.g. destination, length, month, embarkation port, ship). Am I misunderstanding you?

I am saying exactly that.  In the white space below the top line of the search page, below where "Destination" "Date & Length" etc, are (in black on my web screen - again on my computer, not phone), there were four pull-down filters, listing "number of guests" "Stateroom" "Sort" and "Regions".  Now there are only the last three.  It defaulted to "two guests", so you may have never changed it.  But it was there.

2 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I used Chrome today, and the option for 1 was definitely present.

image.thumb.png.56e4620fc39b8cc6f379a126577074e4.png

Go back a couple of pages (using the <) back to "search results", that's the page I'm talking about.  You are on what I would call a booking page, where you are starting a booking.  Not the "search cruises" page.

Let's see If I can do a screen capture correctly...(looks correct on my preview post screen)

image.thumb.jpeg.41e09050eeba6d29dec616787f008baf.jpeg

The Red arrow points to the space where "Number of Guests" pull-down filter was until the past day or so.

To do a solo cost search without that filter, one would have to go into each cruise individually to select number of guests.  Not very efficient, not enticing to a solo cruiser to have to do that.

1 minute ago, BDevilCruiser said:

The Red arrow points to the space where "Number of Guests" pull-down filter was until the past day or so.

if you say so. I search for 3 people and didn't notice its presence or absence either way.

10 hours ago, BDevilCruiser said:

Go back a couple of pages (using the <) back to "search results", that's the page I'm talking about.  You are on what I would call a booking page, where you are starting a booking.  Not the "search cruises" page.

Let's see If I can do a screen capture correctly...(looks correct on my preview post screen)

image.thumb.jpeg.41e09050eeba6d29dec616787f008baf.jpeg

To do a solo cost search without that filter, one would have to go into each cruise individually to select number of guests.  Not very efficient, not enticing to a solo cruiser to have to do that.

I still get the option you are referring to.  Am in NZ so not sure if this will change in the future.  Seems reading this forum there are different features/ offers for the different markets. UK and European  posters mention things I haven't seen/or heard of

39 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Me too!

This is not a filter. It is a pre-booking question after a cruise has been selected. The filter is under "options," which appears after the initial search.

51 minutes ago, Mississippian said:

This is not a filter. It is a pre-booking question after a cruise has been selected. The filter is under "options," which appears after the initial search.

Thank you for understanding at what point in the search I was.

I do not see an "options" choice after the initial search (one which lists the results.)  I am using Chrome on a PC or on my iPad using Safari in desktop mode.  (I've also tested other browsers on my PC.)

(I did see that number of guests is an filter on my iPhone using safari.  But I'm not comfortable using my phone for such searches on the small screen along with my fat fingers, when my PC is right here with it's large screen.)

Here's what I see, as I mentioned earlier, the "Number of Guests" option used to be to the left of the "stateroom" pull-down filter.  Could you tell me where you are seeing "options"?

image.thumb.png.4b29d71332135bfe48ff9b553c714632.png

(I cut the screen capture after the first cruise in the search results (only filter is destination=Alaska), however there's nothing other than the other 22 cruises shown.)

8 minutes ago, BDevilCruiser said:

Thank you for understanding at what point in the search I was.

I do not see an "options" choice after the initial search (one which lists the results.)  I am using Chrome on a PC or on my iPad using Safari in desktop mode.  (I've also tested other browsers on my PC.)

(I did see that number of guests is an filter on my iPhone using safari.  But I'm not comfortable using my phone for such searches on the small screen along with my fat fingers, when my PC is right here with it's large screen.)

Here's what I see, as I mentioned earlier, the "Number of Guests" option used to be to the left of the "stateroom" pull-down filter.  Could you tell me where you are seeing "options"?

image.thumb.png.4b29d71332135bfe48ff9b553c714632.png

(I cut the screen capture after the first cruise in the search results (only filter is destination=Alaska), however there's nothing other than the other 22 cruises shown.)

That is really weird. It was there yesterday, but it is not showing up for me today. I tried both Chrome and Edge browsers, same story, the Options button is missing.

On 4/19/2024 at 4:05 PM, BDevilCruiser said:

Thought I'd check on some possible future cruises.  I'm a solo cruiser.  Went to look, and the pull-down option for "number of guests" has been removed.  The format of the pull-down menu (remaining are "stateroom" "sort" and "region") has changed to space the three options out, where there were four before.

Is Princess telling us solo cruisers that they don't want us, and (like Royal and Celebrity) pushing us to NCL as the only mainsteam line that seems to welcome solo cruisers?

Do you have a screen shot?