NCL Phone Call Issues

Wondering if anyone else is having the issues I'm experiencing.  I go onto NCL's website to check out various cruises just to see if there are any cruises we'd be interested in.  Just looking, don't put anything in a cart or anything, and invariably the next morning I get a phone call from NCL wanting to "help" me finalize my cruise.  If you don't answer the call, they continue to call until you do answer. Today, I had had enough, and pretty politely explained the situation to the girl who called.  Her reply was a very curt "fine we'll put you on our do not call list" and immediately hung up.  No apologies, etc.so I assume she was on commission and just wanted to move on. 

We've  cruised on Disney,  RCL, and Princess and I've probably been on every major cruise line's website, and NCL is the only one that has done this.  The same night I was on NCL's site most recently,  I was also on Celebrity, MSC, RCL, and Princess with no calls from the others.  Just frustrating that you can't casually look at potential cruises without a barrage of calls.

I don't log in until I'm ready to click to book, or manage a cruise.  All my 'window shopping' is done while NOT logged in and I never get a call.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Walkthedesert said:

Wondering if anyone else is having the issues I'm experiencing.  I go onto NCL's website to check out various cruises just to see if there are any cruises we'd be interested in.  Just looking, don't put anything in a cart or anything, and invariably the next morning I get a phone call from NCL wanting to "help" me finalize my cruise.  If you don't answer the call, they continue to call until you do answer. Today, I had had enough, and pretty politely explained the situation to the girl who called.  Her reply was a very curt "fine we'll put you on our do not call list" and immediately hung up.  No apologies, etc.so I assume she was on commission and just wanted to move on. 

It is really simple. Don't log on to NCL.COM when doing random searches. You are inviting calls to help you finalize your booking. It your action that results in NCL calling you. Just search anonymously and they have no way of contacting you. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Walkthedesert said:

We've  cruised on Disney,  RCL, and Princess and I've probably been on every major cruise line's website, and NCL is the only one that has done this.  The same night I was on NCL's site most recently,  I was also on Celebrity, MSC, RCL, and Princess with no calls from the others.  Just frustrating that you can't casually look at potential cruises without a barrage of calls.

So you asked her to do something and she did exactly what you asked.  Problem solved.

I agree with OP, very annoying.  Yes, do need to avoid being logged into your NCl account when having fun browsing.  I switch over to google, am anonymous there as far as NCL sees. to have fun exploring without annoying phone calls the next day.

FYI if you have previously cruised with NCL, the do not call list means nothing.  If you have done business with a company, the regulations regarding the do not call list do not apply.  Your best bet is to do as other posters have said and not be logged in while shopping.

Well.....contrary to others' experiences, I've found that Royal and Celebrity do the same, as does the alleged "luxury lines".

As @BirdTravels points out, just don't log in while doing your research.  That way you'll be "incognito".  You won't get any follow up calls.  Problem solved. 😉

• Like 1

Thank you to all who have replied.  I can assure you I never log onto cruise line websites when doing casual searches.  However, this did get me to thinking, and right before the phone calls started I had received an unsolicited email from NCL advertising various cruise specials.  I clicked on the box in the email for "Search for Cruises".  

I'm almost certain at this point cookies were then loaded to my device, and since they had my email, they most likely had all contact info including phone number.  Every time I would the access their site, the cookies would alert them  and then the call.

I have cleared the cookies and we'll see if that helps.  Also, if I get anymore emails for cruise offers,  I'll search for them directly and not hit the search box in the email.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Walkthedesert said:

Thank you to all who have replied.  I can assure you I never log onto cruise line websites when doing casual searches.  However, this did get me to thinking, and right before the phone calls started I had received an unsolicited email from NCL advertising various cruise specials.  I clicked on the box in the email for "Search for Cruises".  

I'm almost certain at this point cookies were then loaded to my device, and since they had my email, they most likely had all contact info including phone number.  Every time I would the access their site, the cookies would alert them  and then the call.

I have cleared the cookies and we'll see if that helps.  Also, if I get anymore emails for cruise offers,  I'll search for them directly and not hit the search box in the email.

Spend a minute on the phone when they call and you might get a better price. I did. 10%

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty much always logged into NCL's site. I keep checking existing reservations to see if new excursions get added, watch the countdown calendar, etc. Plus I'm too lazy to have to look up my password if I log out. I also do fake bookings/searches all the time (okay, maybe not all the time...but you get the point) and I have never gotten a call. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a fellow that kept calling after I clicked on a promo email.  I answered the 1st time and told him that I was fine on my own to figure it out.  He was relentless and when I wouldn't answer the calls anymore (I had blocked him), he sent an email.  I was firm but polite and told him to remove my information from his lists.  Thankfully, I haven't heard from him since!

1 hour ago, Sugar67 said:

I had a fellow that kept calling after I clicked on a promo email.  I answered the 1st time and told him that I was fine on my own to figure it out.  He was relentless and when I wouldn't answer the calls anymore (I had blocked him), he sent an email.  I was firm but polite and told him to remove my information from his lists.  Thankfully, I haven't heard from him since!

If you see my previous post, I'm pretty sure this is what happened to me also - clicking on the promo email.  No issues since I asked to be removed from their call list.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 9:59 AM, schmoopie17 said:

I'm pretty much always logged into NCL's site. I keep checking existing reservations to see if new excursions get added, watch the countdown calendar, etc. Plus I'm too lazy to have to look up my password if I log out. I also do fake bookings/searches all the time (okay, maybe not all the time...but you get the point) and I have never gotten a call. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

They know we'll just complain about a lack of certain items onboard, so they don't call us. I'm always logged into NCL. I kind of hope our PCC calls us. It'll give me an excuse to book the cruise. Especially if it's that beautiful 23 day cruise I want to take from Miami through the Panama Canal to the west coast....oh, to be retired.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Especially if it's that beautiful 23 day cruise I want to take from Miami through the Panama Canal to the west coast....oh, to be retired.

We did the Bliss from Miami to L.A. through the Panama Canal, although it was only 15 days. I may be one of the very few who found the Panama Canal to be...how should I put this?,,,much ado about nothing. Several hours just to get through and not a whole lot to see. But, I am retired and my eyesight isn't what it used to be. (Along with a number of other things).

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

We did the Bliss from Miami to L.A. through the Panama Canal, although it was only 15 days. I may be one of the very few who found the Panama Canal to be...how should I put this?,,,much ado about nothing. Several hours just to get through and not a whole lot to see. But, I am retired and my eyesight isn't what it used to be. (Along with a number of other things).

A year ago, I was so excited about the Panama Canal. Then I watched a couple of videos. It does look kind of boring, but hey, I'd still like to experience the canal for the sake of having that experience. Plus, stops at Great Stirrup Cay, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, etc. would make it truly worthwhile. 

I've actually gone through locks on a canoe - very small locks. It's a cool experience while on a multi-day canoe trip. I'm sure it would be cool (but super sticky and hot) experiencing the Panama Canal! 

See - this is why that dratted NCL PCC needs to call me. It's a 2026 cruise. Surely I could scrape together the dough by then for this one. And I'll just "surprise" my husband. I'm sure he'd be (not-so) thrilled.

• Haha 2

On 4/21/2024 at 9:59 AM, schmoopie17 said:

This is us. We have a great relationship with our PCC and he knows that when we're ready to book, we'll call him. I look at cruises all the time -- for us, for family, for friends. I do get those annoying "Finish booking your cruise" emails, but never any calls.

Our PCC tells us he sees us looking, but knows that we'll book with him when we're ready. He also knows that I'm the researcher in the family!

• Like 1