On Radiance ... all ports cancelled due to issues with proposal system

6 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Not sure what you mean by "proposal".  Did you mean "disposal"?  Or maybe "propulsion"? 

Computers have a long way to go before they can read your mind like they pretend to now.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, bulldogmommy said:

Following along, I'm scheduled for a B2B starting May 3... would appreciate any insight from onboard. sigh....

Ditto...we are supposed to board her on May 17 in Vancouver for a 13-night northbound cruisetour (7-night sailing/6-night land)

Edited by SuzD123

13 minutes ago, bulldogmommy said:

Following along, I'm scheduled for a B2B starting May 3... would appreciate any insight from onboard. sigh....

We aren’t B2B but also on May 3rd….I so need this vacation 😭😭.

Im going to believe it will be ok by then……

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, monkeedee2 said:

We aren’t B2B but also on May 3rd….I so need this vacation 😭😭.

Im going to believe it will be ok by then……

Yep...thinking happy positive thoughts...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SuzD123 said:

Yep...thinking happy positive thoughts...

I just read an article that says the April 26th cruise is still planned as scheduled soooo 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Like 1

Just now, monkeedee2 said:

I just read an article that says the April 26th cruise is still planned as scheduled soooo 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Crossing my fingers and saying prayers for all of us.  🙂

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, monkeedee2 said:

Someone who is on the 26 April cruise posted on FB that they have been emailed and told the cruise should go as planned.  Their next update will be sent on Thursday, which is after the poster will have arrived in Vancouver. The repair needs to be done at a dock. It can't be done while underway.  We were on either EN or GR years ago when it had some ongoing propulsion issues.  We stayed overnight in PC where they brought the parts in and did the repair right there.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

Radiance had problems with her propulsion system last year August after arriving back in Seward the week after I got off in Vancouver.  I think if was one of her propulsion engines.  Hopefully all will be well soon.  It is unfortunate for those on the ship, but at least RCCL is offering compensation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DFWPalm said:

50 percent back on original fare is the offer.

How did you get this?  I haven't been offered anything and I'm also on board to Alaska as B2B

• Like 1

I feel for you all on board.  We were on the 9/1/23 sailing which was cancelled after most of us were on board.  Such a disappointment!!  We are going to try again this year, 8/31/24.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KLMB said:

Just saw the cancellation letter.  I see it now. 

I would rather just get a 50 percent off next cruise cert, but have not gone down to ask.  Anyone think that is feasible?  We just did the 4 day.  Cost more to fly back to Dallas 😞

Just now, DFWPalm said:

I would rather just get a 50 percent off next cruise cert, but have not gone down to ask.  Anyone think that is feasible?  We just did the 4 day.  Cost more to fly back to Dallas 😞

You will get the compensation offered.  They won't change how it's paid out. 

3 minutes ago, Cruisefanatic71 said:

I am hoping that this gets sorted out before the May 17th sailing we are going to be on for our 1st Alaska cruise. 

May 17 will be our 1st Alaska sailing as well.  We've been looking forward to this and planning for more than a year.  Sorry for the folks currently onboard.  Thinking LOTS of happy thoughts and crossing fingers/toes that everything gets resolved.  The couple of articles I have read this afternoon seem to indicate that the repairs are best made while docked and should be completed by April 26.🙏

• Like 1