New fee quick dining venue on Firenze - "Empanadas & Pie"

Watching John Heald do walk-arounds on the Firenze. In the Tuscan Lounge (Ocean Plaza) looks like the small food station has been turned into a new, for fee, "Empanada & Pie" quick serve dining option. Did my best to capture menu in the video as it's not listed anywhere on Carnival's site yet

SmartSelect_20240423_223805_Gallery.jpg

• Like 5

its nice to finally use up that space. when i was on the sister ship, venezia that food station inside the ocean plaza/gondola lounge was empty and not being used. the only time they used it was during bad weather that prevented la strada grill being outside

Very interesting. I remember my first trip once a Vista class ship, that was a small breakfast buffet, and I didn't discover it until close to the end of the cruise. Can't wait for the reviews! 

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

its nice to finally use up that space. when i was on the sister ship, venezia that food station inside the ocean plaza/gondola lounge was empty and not being used. the only time they used it was during bad weather that prevented la strada grill being outside

I thought that was for the Terrazza brunch which is why it always looked empty. 

Though definitely not Italian still sounds like a good spot to get a snack. 

• Like 1

Loved on Vista and Horizon when we were in the Havana area we just went there for breakfast and lunch.  The Havana bar also had breakfast items as did the bar on the Venezia for the Terrazza area.

Not something I'd eat for free!...lol

I see the day coming where a lot of food will have an added fee:  Guys Burgers, Deli and pizza for starters.

I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Disappointed to read this. Our recent experience on Venezia is that they are woefully understaffed in crew on Lido. They couldn't handle the huge demand for the included offerings, with regular lines for pizza, deli, chopsticks and marketplace approaching 30-40 people, 10-20 minute wait. They'd be better off using that area for an additional included mini-buffet.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 12:44 AM, JMKreno said:

Watching John Heald do walk-arounds on the Firenze. In the Tuscan Lounge (Ocean Plaza) looks like the small food station has been turned into a new, for fee, "Empanada & Pie" quick serve dining option. Did my best to capture menu in the video as it's not listed anywhere on Carnival's site yet

SmartSelect_20240423_223805_Gallery.jpg

Thanks for the information. I’ll probably try this place during my Firenze bookings in February. I love empanadas.

Despite my angst at the small lido deck design, after watching some vids from vloggers on the inaugural, I am now somewhat excited for my Firenze cruise next week.

The dining options look good. I appreciate that the spot where seafood shack is, is now "Breakfast Shack" in the AM, then "Chicken Shack" in the afternoon which is just Shaqs chicken, which is my fav on Radiance.

Il Mercato looks interesting. The new fangled Blue Iguana, Tomodoro looks okay and I appreciate Java Blue being on the lido. Will make getting a milkshake much easier! La Strada grill looks interesting as well.

Wife wants to try the empanadas and I am sure to try the salad bar in Serenity as we enjoy it on Panorama.

Overall, I am optimistic.

17 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

Despite my angst at the small lido deck design, after watching some vids from vloggers on the inaugural, I am now somewhat excited for my Firenze cruise next week.

The dining options look good. I appreciate that the spot where seafood shack is, is now "Breakfast Shack" in the AM, then "Chicken Shack" in the afternoon which is just Shaqs chicken, which is my fav on Radiance.

Il Mercato looks interesting. The new fangled Blue Iguana, Tomodoro looks okay and I appreciate Java Blue being on the lido. Will make getting a milkshake much easier! La Strada grill looks interesting as well.

Wife wants to try the empanadas and I am sure to try the salad bar in Serenity as we enjoy it on Panorama.

Overall, I am optimistic.

Relax, enjoy the cruise.

• Like 1