Can I carry these on board?

avic77

My husband only drinks the Starbucks Frappuccino in the glass bottles. Can I carry one 12 pack on board Celebrity reflection. (I have tried ordering coffee drinks at different coffee shops on various cruise lines and he always hates them).

Screenshot_20240428-202708.png

On 4/28/2024 at 8:33 PM, avic77 said:

My husband only drinks the Starbucks Frappuccino in the glass bottles. Can I carry one 12 pack on board Celebrity reflection. (I have tried ordering coffee drinks at different coffee shops on various cruise lines and he always hates them).

Screenshot_20240428-202708.png

Love these drinks.  Never thought about bringing them on board!

I am somewhat confused by the response you received. In a prior post I asked about bringing sodas on board and was told that while I could bring them they would have to be in cans - no plastic or glass bottles. Is that not the case?

1 hour ago, pja&raa said:

I am somewhat confused by the response you received. In a prior post I asked about bringing sodas on board and was told that while I could bring them they would have to be in cans - no plastic or glass bottles. Is that not the case?

I can't find where I saw it on the Celebrity site (thanks to their really stinky IT department) but I also saw that if you bring sodas/water on board it has to be in cans no plastic or glass bottles/containers.  It isn't the content of the containers it is the containers.  The only bottles I have read that can be brought on board are wine.  Even alcohol in bottles, well any container, is confiscated until the end of the cruise.

9 hours ago, pja&raa said:

Told by whom?

7 hours ago, BeasleysMom66 said:

I can't find where I saw it on the Celebrity site (thanks to their really stinky IT department) but I also saw that if you bring sodas/water on board it has to be in cans no plastic or glass bottles/containers.  It isn't the content of the containers it is the containers.  The only bottles I have read that can be brought on board are wine.  Even alcohol in bottles, well any container, is confiscated until the end of the cruise.

I know of no place on the Celebrity siteswhere this restriction is stated.  I would be very interested if you can find it. I have seen many people on Cruisecritic state it but never have seen any actual link to any Celebrity policy.

my suspicion is that some other cruise line might have this limitation and people have gotten mixed up with what they read where

Posted (edited)

If you're able to get them on board (they would have to be carried on - NOT checked, especially as those are weaker bottles than wine bottles), PLEASE don't take them on the pool deck. No glass is allowed on those.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

25 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

If you're able to get them on board (they would have to be carried on - NOT checked, especially as those are weaker bottles than wine bottles), PLEASE don't take them on the pool deck. No glass is allowed on those.

You can't have glass containers  in the pool or hot tub, although many do. You Can have glass containerson the pool deck, ie bottle of beer or premium water. They push carts loaded with them....on the pool deck

Cheers

Posted (edited)

I'd worry the real answer is "it depends".  It depends on how you bring them (ie hand carry or stow in luggage) and it depends on who is manning security as you board - maybe even the "pre-check in" security at the terminal.

What I wouldn't sweat too much, other than the headache of toting something that gets confiscated, is that the cost of a case of SB Fraps is relatively small in the grand scheme of things.  If you get denied, you lost $30 or so in the gamble (or can drink them quickly before boarding 🙂 or at least one or two).

The Celebrity website is clear in their FAQ of what to bring and what is prohibited, but I see both "wiggle room" and "risk of confiscation" especially due to the two bulleted points from the FAQ:

What Not to Pack (Prohibited Items)

Weapons, illegal drugs & Substances (including marijuana, cannabis, extracts of THC and/or CBD), and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The United States Transportation Security Administration also recommends that you do not pack fragile or expensive items (such as jewelry) in checked luggage.

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

• Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages****
  • Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration. 

****Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Good luck, and hope it is just me being a "stickler" and you get an easy going security team.

Edited by Tom and Ingrid

From the FAQs:image.png.28aeecbb0f5552bc1ecda0821e93841f.png

The FAQ's don't make a distinction between cans and plastic or glass bottles as far as I can tell.  I'd give it a try if that's what he really likes to drink.

• Like 1

I have tried on previous cruises to get something comparable in the specialty coffee shops. On Princess the last day I finally got a something he actually finished. I make a homemade version at with cold coffee, sugar, milk and vanilla.

Being glass bottles is what concerns me. I'll try a few different versions on the instant coffee pouches over the next few week and see if I can find something less questionable

Put a luggage tag on the top and hand it to the luggage attendent

That is how we bring on seltzer, etc

Never a problem  
“Always tip your luggage attendant” 😊

9 hours ago, janetz said:

Put a luggage tag on the top and hand it to the luggage attendent

That is how we bring on seltzer, etc

Never a problem  
“Always tip your luggage attendant” 😊

Not for glass bottles! Have you seen the way luggage gets tossed around and piled up. Those bottles break, you're not only out all the drinks you were trying to bring aboard but you're going to be paying for cleaning or replacement of every item your drinks and broken bottles damaged.

The rules say beverages you bring must be carried on.

Just because the porters will take it doesn't mean it's right. They'd take anything you slapped a tag on if you tipped them enough.

Posted (edited)

We have done this for over 20 years, passing on our waters, seltzers, to the porters who do not throw those items around. 
They are set on top of your luggage as loaded

Those items usually are at our cabin before our luggage 

Not once, have we had a problem 

Yes, we always tip them kindly for the handling of our luggage.

😊

Edited by janetz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Iced coffee cappuchino in an individual milk bottle. Tasted just like the Starbucks Frappuccino to me. On Silhouette in February

IMG_8533.jpeg