Sun Princess dining reservations opened

I have been obsessively checking the Princess app to make dining reservations for our trip in August. I have just found  they have opened up the reservations so I have been able to book the two speciality restaurants we want. Hopefully this will also be available to many more trips so it’s a good time to check everyone!

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing. Were you able to book Spellbound or see availability for it? I’m going in July and don’t see any open dates. Don’t know if not available to book or all full. 

4 minutes ago, catlover41 said:

Thanks for sharing. Were you able to book Spellbound or see availability for it? I’m going in July and don’t see any open dates. Don’t know if not available to book or all full. 

Neither Spellbound nor Love by Britto are available on my Dec sailings.

Everything else is .

Thanks for the heads up!  Just booked dining for our August cruise. Although it did charge me, even though we have the Premier package, so that's something to be sorted.

Tried booking Deck 6 for a shared table in August but the only option is private. We want to be on a table of 8.

Why can't your OBC be applied to speciality restaurant bookings? 

Posted (edited)

Anyone know what time shows start? To help with dinner reservations. 

Also some of restaurants I’m unable to book a table of 5. MDR on 7th I’m able to but not on 6th. Same for The Grille

Edited by levonfan

I just checked the app this morning and found reservations are now open for the Sun so was able to make reservations for deck 7 same everyday and once on board will cancel for nights I decide to eat elsewhere.  O'mallys  is listed in the reservation area but can't make reservations I had heard that it is a no reservation casual dining but was hoping reservations may open up since it will be hard to get a table for dining.

Does this apply only for reservations paid in full? This is our first time with princess. sailing in November. We are a party of 8 so I’m a little concerned with getting dinner reservations. I’m considering just paying now in full but I’m not sure it will let me make the dinner reservations for the ones who haven’t! Uggh! 

7 hours ago, colsky said:

Thanks for the heads up!  Just booked dining for our August cruise. Although it did charge me, even though we have the Premier package, so that's something to be sorted.

#metoo

October cruise, deposit only paid, highest status, premier - trying to book Catch and another - trying to charge $90 for each night

11 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Neither Spellbound nor Love by Britto are available on my Dec sailings.

Everything else is .

Thanks for the reply. I wonder if it’s no availability or just not included in the openings. 

Booking things on the princess app has been so glitchy for me.

Can't seem to tell if I'm going to get charged for something or not.

Another example here where I was going to reserve crown grill.  I have Premier. 

Before I hit "Reserve" with credit card inputted it shows:

Cover Charge Adult x 3 = $135

Total:  $0.00

So are they going to charge me zero?  or $135.  I assume $135, but you figure the total would show $135 instead of zero.    Should really be $45 because I have Premier.  So wacky.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jennybenny said:

Still can’t book any dining on the Sun for an August cruise. Sooooo frustrating 

It must have something to do with your app.

It's working for Nov.

2 hours ago, jennybenny said:

Still can’t book any dining on the Sun for an August cruise. Sooooo frustrating 

I was able to for our cruise in August 

My Sun princess cruise is November 30 I was able to book dining reservations for the week, but I'm also elite so that may make a difference if trying to book before final payment.

I understand many lucky folks out there can book their dining, but I am not able to. Deleted the app, added the app. Logged in with booking number. No ones app works, mine, DH, kids, the web.... We are in a suite, elite and already paid in full. SUPER annoying. 

Is there a number or email to reach out to at Princess for help? I will not be happy if we cannot get the reservations we want for our cruise in August at the times we want.

I'm looking for this specific situation - am I currently eligible to  book specialty...

using Premier package 2 each specialty dining credits only, not paying

October 2024 cruise

Deposit only paid

Final due late July

highest Captain Circle level

On 5/2/2024 at 8:16 AM, helovestrains said:

How far out can MDR reservations been accepted.  I am unable to book for February 2025.  I'm not anxious at all--lol.

I’m not able to book MDR reservations for our September 2025 cruise and we are platinum so final payment shouldn’t be required to book.  So maybe they’re not available yet for 2025 cruises?

Can someone please tell me the difference between the dining rooms on decks 6 and 7? I am searching and I cannot find the information. I know I’ve read it before here but I can’t find it.