Navigator App Dining Room Menus

1 hour ago, oakridger said:

Dinner is showing on the App for me now for Zuiderdam!

~Nancy

I’m looking for Zuiderdam and still getting NOTHING!  😒

I got the menus working again. I'm running the latest version of Navigator on a Pixel 7 Pro with the latest version of Android in developer mode.

Tu get it to work, I had to clear the app storage.

Settings > Apps > Storage

You will need to log in again because you'll be clearing all the stored data, including your login.

Screenshot_20240509-045158.thumb.png.0ccab986cb66285160d48f3aeda577fe.png

Screenshot_20240509-045102.thumb.png.f20e4eaac11aaac4ae3c0257c7dc3a8f.png

Screenshot_20240509-045033.thumb.png.a667e59e10662aba8a3fa3a860da0943.png

33 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Menus are back on my iPhone! No need to clear storage/cache or log out.  

I’m going to try that since nothing else seems to work, thank you.

I removed the data storage as suggested and the menu came up, but if I tried to open the menu a second time it goes back to the same old error message. Then if I removed the data once more it worked but only one time. I them removed and reinstalled the app and it worked just as before only one time. Maybe if HAL hired some real IT people they could fix this worthless app once and for all. I have Android devises.

• Like 1

@terrydtx

Since the menus are just PDFs stored on a server, I'd try to flush my DNS cache.

If the steps in the URL below don't work, a shutdown then restart will do the trick.

https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/c-Category_TechnicalSupport/c-TechnicalSupport_GeneralSupport/how-do-i-flush-my-dns-on-android-to-improve-my-connection-to-your-servers-a000086910

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, POA1 said:

@terrydtx

Since the menus are just PDFs stored on a server, I'd try to flush my DNS cache.

If the steps in the URL below don't work, a shutdown then restart will do the trick.

https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/c-Category_TechnicalSupport/c-TechnicalSupport_GeneralSupport/how-do-i-flush-my-dns-on-android-to-improve-my-connection-to-your-servers-a000086910

I just did this and it still doesn't work, even after a restart.

33 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I just did this and it still doesn't work, even after a restart.

Sorry to hear that. I'm officially out of ideas. 😔

• Thanks 1

A few minutes ago I was getting the moap result, but I did a 'Force Stop' on S21 and it now works fine.  If I open it again I am asked if I want to download the pdf again.

(however if I use the 'back button' I get the moap page until I go back to the main menu page.

I tried it on DW's phone by just closing the app (selecting the III button at bottom left, and swiping the offending app upwards to close it)

Clearing storage worked on my Android phone

on iPad I logged out & back in…

At which point there wasn’t even an option to view the menus  & nothing was showing in the itinerary for our up coming cruise!

5 minutes later & everything is now showing & the menus are downloadable

For me (iphone) I logged out and when I logged back in the Lido lunch menu suddenly was visible. Unfortunately no other menus and when going back to check Lido lunch again it's a white screen. Very frustrating

My next cruise is Zuiderdam, and when I noticed the current temp was supposedly 48 degrees F despite being somewhere between San Juan and Ft Lauderdale, I knew something had gotten "stuck" many countries ago! Now it seems to have the right temp and is showing the current time, but no menus.

Sue/WDW1972

I wonder if it has something to do with how far away your next cruise is?? I know that sounds stupid just grasping at paper straws 😉   I have tried all of the above and nothing but we do not cruise Westerdam till the last week in August.

9 minutes ago, DesertDogs said:

They are back on my iPhone 😀 I closed out Navigator and when I reopened they were there!

How soon is your next cruise? I have signed out 2 times resigned back in each time nothing. I have cleared everything possible. I wonder if they are updating by ship?

1 minute ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

How soon is your next cruise? I have signed out 2 times resigned back in each time nothing. I have cleared everything possible. I wonder if they are updating by ship?

We are sailing on Kongingsdam in November 2024 and Hawaii January 2025.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DesertDogs said:

We are sailing on Kongingsdam in November 2024 and Hawaii January 2025.

Well you are further out than us, maybe they are updating by ship. I shows my app has updated recently so unsure why I cannot see menus yet for our August Westerdam.

Posted (edited)

I'm getting menus again, but strangely enough, I get a different menu on my iPhone versus my iPad.  I don't know why that is happening - I used to get the same ones on both devices.

Edited by Vict0riann

23 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Well you are further out than us, maybe they are updating by ship. I shows my app has updated recently so unsure why I cannot see menus yet for our August Westerdam.

Guess I spoke too soon. Now I'm not getting them again 😒

Posted (edited)

I'm getting the CO menu on my iPhone, but not on my iPad...

And the CO menu on my iPhone is part of the menu on my iPad, but when I go back to the DR menu, it's a  different one altogether...

I have so many choices!

Edited by Vict0riann

17 minutes ago, DesertDogs said:

Guess I spoke too soon. Now I'm not getting them again 😒

Me too!  I am not getting the menu on the iPad or my iPhone now💁