How much is a Martini and the Martini Bar?

$17 unless you want one made with a vodka or gin above the premium package.  
On the premium package you have: Vodkas- grey goose, Ketel 1, Belvedere, Critic, Chopin & Tito’s.  Gins - Tangueray 10, Hendricks, Bombay Sapphire, Gunpowder or Plymouth.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Pushka said:

So the premium covers it? It used to cover it easily pre covid. 

It covers martinis.  But if you are a wine drinker you will likely be signing upcharge slips...

Edited by NMTraveller

3 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

It covers martinis.  But if you are a wine drinker you will likely be signing upcharge slips...

Sad times. Increase the drinks package cost but likewise the wine charge cost until they are no longer covered. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, markeb said:

Did you look in the app? Generally $17. Probably a few that are more. 

I always see the response to look in the app.  I have the latest version of the app, on a qualifying new enough iphone, and I am not seeing any drink menu or prices for the martini bar. When I click on Martini Bar, I get hours of operation only.  Please tell me where these mystery menus people keep referencing can be found?

1 hour ago, anastasia3939 said:

I always see the response to look in the app.  I have the latest version of the app, on a qualifying new enough iphone, and I am not seeing any drink menu or prices for the martini bar. When I click on Martini Bar, I get hours of operation only.  Please tell me where these mystery menus people keep referencing can be found?

Check a sailing with a much closer date…

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, anastasia3939 said:

When is your cruise? Sometimes the menu option doesn't appear until closer to sailing.  This is my sailing later this month and I have a "Menu" option right above the opening times. Do you see that?

If not, you'll need to change the app to a current sailing. On the app's home screen, there will be a calendar icon at the top center. If you select that icon, you'll see the itinerary for your cruise. At the bottom is a faint "Change Ship/Dates" link. If you select that, you can choose any ship and sailing. I'd recommend selecting your ship and the current sailing (should be the first date). That's obviously not your cruise, but it's a good approximation. Honestly, your cruise is only an approximation until you're on board. To get back to your cruise, do the same thing but the app will offer your cruise first.

IMG_3882.thumb.PNG.7b2c14a40c845ab08dc5d434377ccb37.PNG

Edited by markeb

10 hours ago, Pushka said:

Sad times. Increase the drinks package cost but likewise the wine charge cost until they are no longer covered. 

Every cruise we have booked and the ones we just completed have had some decent discounts on the Premium package (25-30%) and some flash sales it has been heavily (35-45%) discounted.  

Wines are limited if you stick to the printed wine list.  If you have a knowledgeable sommelier they can recommend some wines that aren’t on the list.  Just got off 27 nights and only had wine with a upcharge 2 nights.

• Like 1

I just got off the Beyond this past sunday.  I noticed those with the classic drink package got poor less quality liquor brands, such as skol vodka yuck.  Also, the martini glasses are the smaller size, I would upgrade for sure and glad I always do.

Posted (edited)

I found this on X's website.  Deciphering the link it looks like accurate as of 18 April 2024:

Doesn't show what brands are included just up to what price.

image.thumb.png.28fedde3be293f94c493149211015f8f.png

Edited by ScottC4746

1 hour ago, markeb said:

When is your cruise? Sometimes the menu option doesn't appear until closer to sailing.  This is my sailing later this month and I have a "Menu" option right above the opening times. Do you see that?

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Check a sailing with a much closer date…

Well, I'm sailing in 12 days, so I'd consider that pretty close.  I clicked on some of the other bars, and three of them have menus showing, so I am definitely looking in the right place. Whoever is in charge of Linking the menus must be conspiring to keep me from planning my martini plan of attack! 😁  I will take the advice of looking at the current sailing for my ship and see if anything shows up. Thanks 🙂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, anastasia3939 said:

Well, I'm sailing in 12 days, so I'd consider that pretty close.  I clicked on some of the other bars, and three of them have menus showing, so I am definitely looking in the right place. Whoever is in charge of Linking the menus must be conspiring to keep me from planning my martini plan of attack! 😁  I will take the advice of looking at the current sailing for my ship and see if anything shows up. Thanks 🙂

I think it may be a backend issue.  As it gets closer and they have a better idea, they will add.  Some of the MDR on my cruise was showing menus and now they seem to show drinks only.

7 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

I think it may be a backend issue.  As it gets closer and they have a better idea, they will add.  Some of the MDR on my cruise was showing menus and now they seem to show drinks only.

Even when the bar menus appear they only list a few of the drinks available from the bars, generally they list just the specialty drinks from that bar.  They don’t list things like gin & tonic, Bloody Mary, margarita, pina colada, etc yet you can most of these and more at every bar.  The key to the Classic vs Premium package is the brand of alcohol use to make the drink. 
if the drink can be made with the brands of liquor on the Classic package it is covered by that package.

Here is a recent list of liquors on the packages 

IMG_1108.thumb.png.f031992d21a9c543d27dd553ddee773a.png

5 hours ago, anastasia3939 said:

You should be fine at the martini bar with the premium package, I always have been.  

• Like 1

Last time we sailed... two years ago.... my husband was able to order a basic martini at the martini bar... using the classic package. Not as large or premium liquor as the higher priced drink... but you simply order a second one when the first arrived. Not sure what the price point was for basic martini... but well below the Martini Bar price

• Thanks 1

I’m going on my first Celebrity cruise (Edge) on Sat., and I pre purchased the Martini flight. Can I do this at any time during the cruise, and will they know I pre purchased it. I will have Elite status from Royal, and I understand they don’t have the Happy Hours the first evening. I’m very excited for my first X cruise and will probably be wondering around like a kid in a candy store. Thanks!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, jelayne said:

Wines are limited if you stick to the printed wine list.  If you have a knowledgeable sommelier they can recommend some wines that aren’t on the list.  Just got off 27 nights and only had wine with a upcharge 2 nights.

Do they have Cabernets and Champagnes that are not on the printed wine list or app?  I was never offered/recommended a different cabernet or champagne?  Do you just ask?  In Blu our sommelier was way too busy to have a conservation.  In Tuscan there were only 3 tables seated at our time.  Zero suggestions from Cellar Masters...

Anyways I ended up spending over $300 and signing more than 20 slips with the premium package...

Edited by NMTraveller

28 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Do they have Cabernets and Champagnes that are not on the printed wine list or app?  I was never offered/recommended a different cabernet or champagne?  Do you just ask?  In Blu our sommelier was way too busy to have a conservation.  In Tuscan there were only 3 tables seated at our time.  Zero suggestions from Cellar Masters...

Anyways I ended up spending over $300 and signing more than 20 slips with the premium package...

I've never found an alternate Cabernet. In the past, I've frequently found very good "other reds". Malbec, Zinfandel, Primitivo, Syrah/Shiraz, Sangiovese, etc. Not so much my last cruise. We'll see on Summit in a couple of weeks.

What would you have paid for 2-3 bottles? Just curious as that seems like it would be a better alternative for dinner. Better wine and maybe even less expensive if you're paying the upcharges anyway. The question then becomes would you have drunk enough other covered drinks to pay for the package.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, markeb said:

What would you have paid for 2-3 bottles? Just curious as that seems like it would be a better alternative for dinner. Better wine and maybe even less expensive if you're paying the upcharges anyway. The question then becomes would you have drunk enough other covered drinks to pay for the package.

I think that you have a point here.  With some of the upcharge prices we could have just purchased several bottles and brought them on for the same price.  We were in Asia and not familiar with the wines we saw (many nice Aussie wines).  Not much time to taste and purchase...  Our suitcases were already at the weight limit so we did not bring any with us this time ...

Headed to Napa in a couple of months for wine tasting ...

Edited by NMTraveller