Millie Retreat Sundeck what are snacks? 8am-8pm plus snacks 12-2pm

zitsky

The app says Millie Retreat Sundeck food menu is available from 8am-8pm.  And snacks 12-2pm.  What are snacks?  If we’re looking for a lunch menu is that the 8am-8pm or the snacks menu?

There’s a limited lunch menu, which includes a Luminae burger, shrimp cocktail, a couple of wraps/sandwiches, and a chicken Caesar salad. They mat alert you that some items will take a while.

I have never seen snacks at the Sundeck, just lunch.  But I have only used the Sundeck on the E class ships.  Walked up to the Sundeck on the Summit and turned around and left, it had no appeal. 

2 hours ago, Mark_K said:

There’s a limited lunch menu, which includes a Luminae burger, shrimp cocktail, a couple of wraps/sandwiches, and a chicken Caesar salad. They mat alert you that some items will take a while.

So if that is the lunch menu what is the 8am-8pm menu?  Those were the hours showing on the app.

Only snacks are in the lounge and not continuously from 8-8.  Occasionally they have come around the Sundeck with a fruit skewer or a small cup of ice cream but we have had that at the main pool occasionally as well.  

Don’t believe everything you read on the app. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Never trust the app.  

Are you trying to tell me that I’m not getting a burger at 8am?  😭

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Are you trying to tell me that I’m not getting a burger at 8am?  😭

That is exactly what they are telling you. 

We are just off the Millennium and the menu shown above is the menu of food that is available from noon to 2 PM.  We normally only go there on port days since Luminae is closed when the ship is in port.  

As @jelayne said, it is not very appealing unless you like to soak up the sun as there is little to no cover only a section where there is a covering of wooden slats. 

Wish I had taken a picture but it was a walk up, look around and walk back down.  Where there is a wheel chair lift, it was not operational when we sailed last year and I did not bother to check this year.  Otherwise the only access is via exterior stairs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Never trust the app.  

It’s correct (as it usually is). It says times 8am-8pm which is when it is staffed and snacks 12pm-2pm which is the snack/lunch menu. Not that difficult to decipher. 

I don't lay out on the Sundeck but often walk through the area on my lap walking.   I've often seen them bringing around "Snacks" in the afternoon -  Generally Fruit Kabobs,  Sorbet and Shooter Size Hamburgers. 

Sure others who have experienced can add in.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It’s correct (as it usually is). It says times 8am-8pm which is when it is staffed and snacks 12pm-2pm which is the snack/lunch menu. Not that difficult to decipher. 

Thank you for explaining it.  

Edited by zitsky

5 hours ago, FolsomMike said:

Is there any difference between the Retreat burger and the pool deck burger?

The Luminae Burger, served in the Retreat Sundeck is the only burger onboard with a hand formed patty.  The burgers at the mast grill a pre-formed patties cooked on a flat top grill.  

This is the Luminae burger 

IMG_1804.thumb.jpeg.49331690d50ca29d585389b796a6045e.jpeg

5 hours ago, FolsomMike said:

Is there any difference between the Retreat burger and the pool deck burger?

Yes, think Paris, Las Vegas and Paris, France, they both have an Eiffel Tower but there ends the similarity.

On the Equinox in 2021, we went to the sundeck late afternoon and asked if they had potato chips.  After that, anytime we were there, and the same server was there, she'd bring us chips.  

7 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

On the Equinox in 2021, we went to the sundeck late afternoon and asked if they had potato chips.  After that, anytime we were there, and the same server was there, she'd bring us chips.  

What flavor?  

I’ve read the lunch menu and it will work for me.  We have three sea days and maybe there will be one or two days we come back early.  I’m still deciding.

Outdoor retreat on M class is a joke , the only good thing is you can get lunch on port days when Luminae is closed . Also need to climb stairs to get there.

22 minutes ago, George C said:

Outdoor retreat on M class is a joke , the only good thing is you can get lunch on port days when Luminae is closed . Also need to climb stairs to get there.

We did a B2B last year on the Summit, went to the Retreat Sundeck day 1 looked around and never returned.  On the E class ships we normally are up daily, even on port days where it may just be for a drink when we return to the ship. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, George C said:

How is it different on other ships?  I’ve only been in the Retreat on Beyond.  That doesn’t sound so horrible to me.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, zitsky said:

How is it different on other ships?  I’ve only been in the Retreat on Beyond.  That doesn’t sound so horrible to me.

First no stairs , you have a bar and a swimming pool on E class , lots of waiters etc . Also bathrooms 

Edited by George C

48 minutes ago, George C said:

First no stairs , you have a bar and a swimming pool on E class , lots of waiters etc . Also bathrooms 

No bathrooms or bar on M/S class?  Hmm.  Well if I’m not drinking I guess I don’t need a bathroom.  😭

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

The Edge class was built for the Retreat. The Retreat Sundeck is a designed feature. (We've actually not sailed the Edge Class but it's pretty obvious the ship was designed around the Retreat.) 

On the M/S class, the sundeck is an add on that fits into the space with minimal modification. Equinox has a partially retrofitted Retreat Sundeck. Pretty much as George described. No bar. It's a couple of flights of stairs down to a bathroom. No water feature. It is manned pretty well, but it's the front of the ship and it gets hot, windy, and dry pretty quickly. The staff has to go down at least two levels to a bar, and I'm not sure where the food actually comes from. It's always been good but Luminae is at the other end of the ship and on Deck 3.

We're on Summit in two weeks. Alaska, so I don't know that we'll spend much time on the sundeck, but we'll see. From the descriptions, I expect it to be similar to Equinox.

• Like 1