Horizon / (*Not) Live / Solo - May - 25 - June - 2024...

Well, I suppose that's pretty much going to wrap things up with this "review" or whatever you might call it. Was it the "greatest cruise ever"?, probably not, but definitely relaxing. I probably set the all time World record for sleeping this time around. My one and only souvenir for the cruise is a few little license plates I bought in Aruba for a dollar each. (The top one is the one I picked up there in 2019 on my fiftieth birthday cruise.)

Would I cruise on the Horizon or other ships in this class again? Probably not, but not because there's anything wrong with it, just the lack of dining options compared to the newer, larger Excel class vessels...

The Cheers anti hangover pills seem to have done their job, even though I only ever used them on three of the nine total nights away. I do believe there is something substantial to these little things, as I actually felt refreshed even after pounding drinks the entire day prior... 

As for this "before and after" type review format: probably not something I would do again, only because it seems boring compared to the real "Live" version, but I'll leave you the reader to decide... As for now it's a little over 300 days until my next cruise, so I'll decide between now and then what type of any sort of "review" (or not) to do next time around.

Thanks to each and every one of you who followed along and made it this far.........

PXL_20240609_225126669.thumb.jpg.8a4764bfd61b327562aa44a04a7dc2da.jpg

PXL_20240609_225132820.jpg

• Like 40
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Well, I suppose that's pretty much going to wrap things up with this "review" or whatever you might call it. Was it the "greatest cruise ever"?, probably not, but definitely relaxing. I probably set the all time World record for sleeping this time around. My one and only souvenir for the cruise is a few little license plates I bought in Aruba for a dollar each. (The top one is the one I picked up there in 2019 on my fiftieth birthday cruise.)

Would I cruise on the Horizon or other ships in this class again? Probably not, but not because there's anything wrong with it, just the lack of dining options compared to the newer, larger Excel class vessels...

The Cheers anti hangover pills seem to have done their job, even though I only ever used them on three of the nine total nights away. I do believe there is something substantial to these little things, as I actually felt refreshed even after pounding drinks the entire day prior... 

As for this "before and after" type review format: probably not something I would do again, only because it seems boring compared to the real "Live" version, but I'll leave you the reader to decide... As for now it's a little over 300 days until my next cruise, so I'll decide between now and then what type of any sort of "review" (or not) to do next time around.

Thanks to each and every one of you who followed along and made it this far.........

PXL_20240609_225126669.thumb.jpg.8a4764bfd61b327562aa44a04a7dc2da.jpg

PXL_20240609_225132820.jpg

Yes I prefer the live but will take whatever you are willing to do. Thanks again for sharing your trip with us. 

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Mommapadraig said:

Yes I prefer the live but will take whatever you are willing to do. Thanks again for sharing your trip with us. 

Ditto!😜

• Like 1

This review was much like a seafood meal. Fresh is better than day old.

I know you said you don't have any more paid vacation days but don't you get a bunch of days off over Christmas when the store closes? You're going to need more than tequila if you have to wait 300 days until your next motion on the ocean.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

The live format adds urgency that post reviews will never approach. We’re motivated to interact while it’s happening. Reading it later, I confess I often never finish, because there’s no FOMO and I know I can come back later whenever, if I want to. Though I probably don’t actually remember to do so.

But a live means if you want to join the party you need to join it NOW. 

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

The live format adds urgency that post reviews will never approach.

I agree that a live gives the reader a sense of 'it's happening now', not of something stale being reheated, but something fresh being created.

• Like 3

Honestly I think the thing I miss the most are the daily meme's that usually go with your reviews and the wit you add in. I know some of it is in this review (which was still a great review) but it's much heavier normally. Maybe you could do a hybrid review? Take a day to do a live and then a day to be you and not worry about us not cruising and then next day back to live and so on.

Still either way you go I still enjoyed reading this and seeing your travels and I will continue to follow when you go on your next one. 🙂

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, atanac said:

I agree that a live gives the reader a sense of 'it's happening now', not of something stale being reheated, but something fresh being created.

"Stale being reheated" wasn't exactly what I was going for... From now on it's going to be "Live" or nothing...

• Like 19
  • Haha 3

I'd heard rumors that you could actually use Cruise Critic on board without an actual Internet plan. Well, that's definitely not true, with Carnival anyway. This is what I got the one time that I gave it a shot...

Screenshot_20240526-110545.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Kanyon71 said:

Honestly I think the thing I miss the most are the daily meme's that usually go with your reviews and the wit you add in. I know some of it is in this review (which was still a great review) but it's much heavier normally. Maybe you could do a hybrid review? Take a day to do a live and then a day to be you and not worry about us not cruising and then next day back to live and so on.

Still either way you go I still enjoyed reading this and seeing your travels and I will continue to follow when you go on your next one. 🙂

Just for you...

Screenshot_20240321-112309.thumb.png.4cdc61610599972f569c390a2057b531.png

Screenshot_20240318-161427.thumb.png.6e7aa94d73145dad3e5c93b57b62442f.png

Screenshot_20240229-105251.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 27

7 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'd heard rumors that you could actually use Cruise Critic on board without an actual Internet plan. Well, that's definitely not true, with Carnival anyway. This is what I got the one time that I gave it a shot...

Screenshot_20240526-110545.png

I don't think there's any way they'd ever do that. But I think it would require you to connect to their network if they did open it up. Doesn't look like you're connected to anything in the screenshot.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@sid_9169 thanks for the sail again. Live or not I enjoyed it.

I do have a question, what Cheers product did you use? I assume "Restore". But not sure.

Edited by AmyJA
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

"Stale being reheated" wasn't exactly what I was going for... From now on it's going to be "Live" or nothing...

I certainly knew that but you have such a way with words I was just trying to give you a chuckle. I could have just said I prefer your live reviews but one needs to know their audience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I don't think there's any way they'd ever do that. But I think it would require you to connect to their network if they did open it up. Doesn't look like you're connected to anything in the screenshot.

When I was connected and using the Hub app the little WiFi icon looked exactly the same, as if I wasn't connected, but it worked. Any other websites, not at all...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AmyJA said:

@sid_9169 thanks for the sail again. Live or not I enjoyed it.

I do have a question, what Cheers product did you use? I assume "Restore". But not sure.

Yes, Cheers Restore... This stuff is a bit expensive but I can confirm it's the real deal. Better than anything I've ever tried including the ByTox patches...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I love all the reviews so no such thing as a bad or boring review to me. I always get to see our learn something new. Hope an ABC itinerary is in my future, beautiful places I want to visit. 

Hopefully something works out so you don't have to wait a whole year for some vacation time.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

When I was connected and using the Hub app the little WiFi icon looked exactly the same, as if I wasn't connected, but it worked. Any other websites, not at all...

I can’t speak for android. When it looks like that on iPhone you aren’t connected to their network.

• Like 2