Recommended Restaurant on Beyond for Anniversary Dinner

We will be on the Beyond during our 20th anniversary. We have never been on the Beyond and are not familiar with their restaurants. What restaurant on the Beyond would you recommend for an anniversary dinner? Our anniversary falls on a sea day. Also, when can I make reservations for the anniversary dinner? Our cruise is in March of 2025. Thanks for your help.

I would 100% recommend Eden. There’s another restaurant, La Voyage, that is technically nicer but it does not have any view. Eden has wide open views of the back of the ship and the food was phenomenal. Here are some pictures of my dinner from 8 nights ago in Eden! I had: sheep’s milk gnocchi, a crab cake, lobster, and a filet. Dessert was a lemon tart. IMG_1456.thumb.jpeg.86d030a37beee957920f0355afb1281f.jpegIMG_1485.thumb.jpeg.142a48caa44b4004d7e24a41da982dd7.jpegIMG_1486.thumb.jpeg.935ab03a29e8e54b137a53335eb61ccf.jpegIMG_1487.thumb.jpeg.349adc620b07d487225537ea75850691.jpegIMG_1488.thumb.jpeg.b1f82be95bcbb261420e917522fa4238.jpegIMG_1489.thumb.jpeg.b6c1219e43cb7a464a3669711714f67b.jpeg

• Like 2

LeVoyage was excellent we prefer it over Eden.  Eden is also recommended by many.  

Unless we can grab a flash sale we find the prices for those 2 restaurants we find them to be overpriced. 

Our favorite is the Roof Top Grill, reasonably priced excellent steaks and we like the more casual outdoor atmosphere. ( Pork slider trio started is great)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Our favorite is the Roof Top Grill, reasonably priced excellent steaks and we like the more casual outdoor atmosphere.

On our Apex cruise, the food in Rooftop Grill was inedible and they completely ignored my request for smaller portions (I wanted to try two different things and I didn't want to contribute to the massive food waste on cruise ships).

Posted (edited)

Roof top is more casual..maybe not great for a sea day..although we had a  perfect night..great food.

We loved EDEN! Perfect!  

20240130_100919.jpg

20240130_100734.jpg

20240130_100817.jpg

20240130_184540.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sunset329 said:

We will be on the Beyond during our 20th anniversary. We have never been on the Beyond and are not familiar with their restaurants. What restaurant on the Beyond would you recommend for an anniversary dinner? Our anniversary falls on a sea day. Also, when can I make reservations for the anniversary dinner? Our cruise is in March of 2025. Thanks for your help.

We were on the Equinox in 2019 for our 25th wedding anniversary and ate in the Ocean View Cafe and loved it. The venue didn’t matter at all, we were together on our special day. That’s what matters.

Edited by C4HCG
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

On our Apex cruise, the food in Rooftop Grill was inedible and they completely ignored my request for smaller portions (I wanted to try two different things and I didn't want to contribute to the massive food waste on cruise ships).

That’s too bad.  We have dined at Roof Top on all E class ships and never had a bad meal.  But then our worst meal was at Eden so I guess a bad meal can happen at any restaurant. 

Edited by jelayne
Typo

3 hours ago, Sunset329 said:

Definitely Eden.  You should be able to make reservations now or in a couple of weeks.  Eden is very popular and fills up quickly.  

Not a fan of Roof Top as it is subject to weather.  On our cruise, due to winds and rain, it was closed.  Not good if celebrating an anniversary.  They did try to get people into other venues.  When we ate at Roof Top, this poor waiter had nearly all the table to serve. Never had that at Eden in all of our visits there. Plus it is indoors with a great view.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keesar said:

They did try to get people into other venues.

Did X eat the extra cost or were the relocated diners having to pay the difference - or given a refund if they didn't want to pay extra? (I get that weather happens, but I wouldn't be that happy to suddenly be having to pay more for something not my fault.)

37 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Did X eat the extra cost or were the relocated diners having to pay the difference - or given a refund if they didn't want to pay extra? (I get that weather happens, but I wouldn't be that happy to suddenly be having to pay more for something not my fault.)

I really don't know about the financial end of things.  But on this cruise, there was plenty of availability and there were nice discounts available nightly at most of the Specialty Restaurants.

• Like 1

I was going to say Le Voyage...but if so, do Chef's Table.

We did Chef's table one night (which is located in Le Voyage) & then did Le Voyage the next night. It was very good, but after Chef's Table, nothing was going to impress!!

THAT BEING SAID--if I was going to eat at only 1 restaurant, it would be Eden! 

The views are great but the food is always amazing. 

Plus when I compare the cost--Le Voyage wasn't better than Eden (just as good, just not better)

I'd say, food is comparable in both places, so yes, Eden wins for views & value.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2024 at 3:46 PM, AbbyCruiser45 said:

I would 100% recommend Eden. There’s another restaurant, La Voyage, that is technically nicer but it does not have any view. Eden has wide open views of the back of the ship and the food was phenomenal. Here are some pictures of my dinner from 8 nights ago in Eden! I had: sheep’s milk gnocchi, a crab cake, lobster, and a filet. Dessert was a lemon tart. IMG_1456.thumb.jpeg.86d030a37beee957920f0355afb1281f.jpegIMG_1485.thumb.jpeg.142a48caa44b4004d7e24a41da982dd7.jpegIMG_1486.thumb.jpeg.935ab03a29e8e54b137a53335eb61ccf.jpegIMG_1487.thumb.jpeg.349adc620b07d487225537ea75850691.jpegIMG_1488.thumb.jpeg.b1f82be95bcbb261420e917522fa4238.jpegIMG_1489.thumb.jpeg.b6c1219e43cb7a464a3669711714f67b.jpeg

I second that

• Like 2