Schengen certificate for medications

I think I might need one of these forms, but when I tried to download the form, it was in Dutch.  I take a sleeping pill with me so I might need a form.  I'm a bit worried now. Any help? I wrote an email to CAK. I'm not sure what that stands for. 

8 hours ago, Carol28 said:

I think I might need one of these forms, but when I tried to download the form, it was in Dutch.  I take a sleeping pill with me so I might need a form.  I'm a bit worried now. Any help? I wrote an email to CAK. I'm not sure what that stands for. 

What makes you think you need one?

23 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Good question. I wondered the same and figured OP must be traveling to one or more of the Schengen countries in the EU. Any medication falling into a CII narcotic would require this form. Op might also want to check the categorization of the meds…perhaps get an rx for something different while on vacation. 

When I looked at the regulations it pertains to Opioids - including Sleeping Pills 

Medicines that fall under the Opium Act

Examples of medicines that fall under the Opium Act are:

• strong painkillers;
  • sleeping pills and drugs to reduce anxiety, such as Valium or Seresta;
  • medication for ADHD, such as Ritalin or Concerta;
  • medicinal cannabis.

I've traveled for the past 20 years with sleeping pills and never once was stopped or asked for such a certificate.    Personally I will continue to travel without going to the bother of the certificate.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

When I looked at the regulations it pertains to Opioids - including Sleeping Pills 

• strong painkillers;
  • medicinal cannabis.

I've traveled for the past 20 years with sleeping pills and never once was stopped or asked for such a certificate.    Personally I will continue to travel without going to the bother of the certificate.

Same here...we both use sleeping pills and have never had an issue.  We pack them in our "go-bag" backpack.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

• strong painkillers;
  • medicinal cannabis.

Thanks for doing that: saved me from looking it up!

On 5/25/2024 at 7:36 PM, cruisestitch said:

My sleeping pill is on the list. I contacted them by filling in a form on the site and they responded that I wasn't a Netherland citizen and should contact the Dutch embassy here.  I believe this is going too far for a cruise.  I don't think they are coming for me.  And, as another person wrote above, many people travel and they aren't stopped.

On 5/25/2024 at 8:14 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Me too!  My 15mg temazapam is not what they are looking for!  You have given me courage!

• Like 1

I think you will be ok especially if you keep you prescription in the original prescription bottles. Other countries like Singapore have similar regulations and I have never fill out the form their either.

I chuckled when I saw that they also required it for Medical Marijuana.   Recreational Marijuana has been legal in Netherlands since 1976.   Last time there they were selling it on many shops on the main street and you smelled it everywhere.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

But it’s a Schengen form, not just a Netherlands form.

and regardless of the port of embarkation medical, marijuana is currently not allowed on Celebrity 

Agree --- Same as in the U.S.

On 5/25/2024 at 8:14 PM, Jim_Iain said:

• strong painkillers;
  • medicinal cannabis.

When we did our first Suez Canal cruise that ended in the UAE I was so concerned about their medication regulations. It was all for naught. There was literally no one checking the bags that came off the ship nor was there any checks for carryoff bags that we took off ourselves.  

What was even odder was our disembarkation in Vancouver at this month. I have never seen more lax security. There were no CBP checks of any kind, NONE.No checks whatsoever of any kind. 

56 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

When we did our first Suez Canal cruise that ended in the UAE I was so concerned about their medication regulations. It was all for naught. There was literally no one checking the bags that came off the ship nor was there any checks for carryoff bags that we took off ourselves.  

What was even odder was our disembarkation in Vancouver at this month. I have never seen more lax security. There were no CBP checks of any kind, NONE.No checks whatsoever of any kind. 

Welcome to cruising POST Covid.  😃

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Recreational Marijuana has been legal in Netherlands since 1976. Last time there they were selling it on many shops on the main street and you smelled it everywhere.

Marijuana is also legal in Canada, but it is not legal to bring it through customs from any country.

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

They're there - you just rarely see them.