Happy 4th July

Happy Birthday to all of our American friends. Hope you have a great day celebrating with family & friends. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

Let me be the first to post a thank you. (the second to give you one by clicking on thank you)

I guess that means I woke up early. I am sure you will get more of them.

It means we're halfway through summer hurtling toward winter.

We were sailing through the fjords of Norway at this time. So, we got to celebrate both Canada Day on July 1 and Independence Day on July. It brought back memories of when Detroit, MI and Windsor, ON celebrated the two holidays together as the Freedom Festival and scheduled fireworks over the Detroit River between the two holidays.

BTW, as a young man I had to go to Montreal for summer school to learn that the War of 1812 was not between the US and Great Britain but between the US and Canada -- and that Canada won!

Travel is broadening and enriching.

1 hour ago, Petronillus said:

It means we're halfway through summer hurtling toward winter.

We were sailing through the fjords of Norway at this time. So, we got to celebrate both Canada Day on July 1 and Independence Day on July. It brought back memories of when Detroit, MI and Windsor, ON celebrated the two holidays together as the Freedom Festival and scheduled fireworks over the Detroit River between the two holidays.

BTW, as a young man I had to go to Montreal for summer school to learn that the War of 1812 was not between the US and Great Britain but between the US and Canada -- and that Canada won!

Travel is broadening and enriching.

The War of 1812 was between the US and British North America. Canada only became a Country in 1867.

• Like 1