Which Ship should We Try?

Posted (edited)

Hi all! This is probably way too much info, but back in 2015 I went on Quantum of the Seas and hated it. Took a while to convince anyone in my family to try RCL again but this past March my son and I spent spring break on Allure of Seas and loved it! This June, I have a daughter graduating from college, a son graduating from high school and I'm graduating from nursing school. Thought maybe we'd celebrate with another RCL vacay. Looking for suggestions on which ship to try. Loved all the entertainment choices on the Allure (Mamma Mia, Elements, ice skating show, water show...), so looking for another ship with lots of entertainment and activity choices. Would definitely try another Oasis class ship, but someone on board had said Allure is the best one. Is that accurate? Open to other classes too. TIA for any advice!

Edited by dinkydee718

4 minutes ago, dinkydee718 said:

Would definitely try another Oasis class ship, but someone on board had said Allure is the beat one. I

Assuming your location in your avatar is accurate, Symphony would the obvious choice from Cape Liberty.

BTW, lots of folks have come around from the early Q class hating world.

• Like 3

We have done oasis , allure and harmony, would be happy with any of those or other oasis class , very very similar, they do have different plays and some of the restaurants are different.

• Like 1

I have sailed several classes of RC ships and settled on Oasis class .

I find the food choices and entertainment the best on that class.

We dont even look at other classes when booking a cruise.

Agree with Biker , Symphony would be a logical choice.

• Like 1

My husband and I typically sail alone or with other adults, and prefer Oasis class. My favorite ship is Wonder of the Seas - great entertainment and food.

I love this thread!!! Please everyone here continue to book only and exclusively Oasis & Icon Class ships paying triple pricing from a couple years ago. 

Please leave everything Freedom and lower alone so they can stay at "normal" prices

Much appreciated. Thanks 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

55 minutes ago, dinkydee718 said:

Hi all! This is probably way too much info, but back in 2015 I went on Quantum of the Seas and hated it. 

We have sailed every Royal Class of ship except Icon.  Two years ago we sailed 7 nights on Ovation followed by 10 nights on Quantum. Most boring sailings we have ever been on, would not do Quantum Class for free. Oasis Class is by far our favorite. We are both in our 70s. 

Allure has been our least favourite of all the Oasis class ships we've been on (Oasis, Allure, Harmony) and Oasis is our favourite. Allure hasn't been Amped yet and it had propulsion issues when we were on it. We weren't fans of the decor on Harmony but it was ok. Oasis was great!

Freedom and Indy are great as well. 

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

I love this thread!!! Please everyone here continue to book only and exclusively Oasis & Icon Class ships paying triple pricing from a couple years ago. 

Please leave everything Freedom and lower alone so they can stay at "normal" prices

Much appreciated. Thanks 😉

Glad to help out a fellow Canadian !😄

• Haha 1

If you're in NJ, go for the Symphony.  Just returned for a great cruise with family a few weeks ago.  Entertainment was excellent. Ship in great shape.  And not having to fly is a plus!!!

• Like 1

I like all Oasis class ships, but Allure is my least favorite Oasis class ship. To be fair, I haven’t been on Utopia yet, but I have four cruises booked on her in the next 5 months, to include one two weeks from today. In my book, if you liked Allure you would be happy on any Oasis class ship. 

Wow, why so much dislike for the Quantum class ships? Just got off Odyssey and she's my new favorite. She'll be in Cape Liberty after her Med season and I would highly suggest it. 

My kids even liked Odyssey over Wonder. I will say that Effectors 2 was better on Wonder than Effectors on Odyssey. 

I'd be happy on any ship really so maybe don't listen to me. 🙂 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SB9 said:

She'll be in Cape Liberty after her Med season and I would highly suggest it. 

The OP seems to be looking at June 2025 - Odyssey will be gone by then. Liberty and Symphony will be the only ships there. 

Posted (edited)

Our first RCL was Allure.  Since then we did Independence and Odyssey and none of them has compared to what we remember from the Allure.  We've got the Explorer and Wonder lined up and we're most excited for the Wonder except no Broadway show.  I'd suggest any Oasis class except the namesake that has Cats.  Only downside with the big ships are the ports they go to are pretty repetitive.  I'm sure Icon is wonderful but we're priced out right now.

Edited by detroitavant