the money is exactly the same

so please help me help my friend decide.

she is a 1st time cruiser traveling with her mil and 2 college age kids.

the 3 cruises i have picked for her all leave from miami, have pratically the same itinerary, and are all on voyager class ships.

here are the choices.....please tell me your opinions:

1. explorer: jan 7, promenade deck 8, san juan, st. martin, st. thomas, and nassau.

2. navigator: jan 13, promenade deck 7, san juan, st. thomas, st. martin, nassau.

3. voyager: jan 6, promenade deck 7, nassau, st. thomas, san juan, labadee.

HELP!!!!!

Why are you picking this woman's cruise???? This is something she should be doing--you're robbing her of half the fun of cruising--the planning! Give her the info, and let her have at it! If, for some reason, she doesn't like the experience, it will be YOUR fault. What a way to ruin a friendship! Let her take responsibility for her decision--good or bad! After all, it's her money! (Isn't it?)

Wow people...relax. Some people (shockingly) don't love the planning part. And since she said the money's the same...

I would choose the Navigator, simply because I've read and heard nothing but great things about this ship. Friends agree that it was their favorite Voyager class ship by far. Just my opinion! :)

I've done the Navigator, and will be doing the Explorer next summer. But if all else were the same, I would pick the Navigator because a) it is the newest of the Voyager class, b) I have only ever heard good things about this ship and c) I've sailed it before and loved it!

I think any of the 3 will be a good choice for your friend! Perhaps dates should be the deciding factor!

A~

Definitley the Navi....

I would hate to miss St Martin....To bad its not San Juan, St Martin,St Thomas and Labadee...really done with the Nassau thing..

I would not want to miss St Martin....So that would do it for me..

Plus Nav is newer,and I would give a edge to her over all..

Oh the problems we cruisers face :p

Since they're first timers, and likely interested in seeing ports, I'd eliminate Voyager. Its port stops are mostly shorter and at less convenient times. I'm doing it in a couple weeks, but it's all ports I've been to before - 2-3 times in some cases.

One thing not mentioned is that with San Juan and St. Thomas being U.S. territories, wouldn't there be no immigration hassle if you picked the Navigator? I'm thinking without a foreign port between Miami and those two ports, there wouldn't be re-entry immigration? Just a thought, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :)

I would pick the Navigator because a) it is the newest of the Voyager class, b) I have only ever heard good things about this ship and c) I've sailed it before and loved it!

The Mariner is the newest of the Voyage class ships. However, the Navigator is the newest of the three ships listed. I would not choose the Navigator because it is the newest, I would choose it because it has some design features (shared with the Mariner) that give it an edge (in my opinion) over the other two.

The Mariner is the newest of the Voyage class ships. However, the Navigator is the newest of the three ships listed. I would not choose the Navigator because it is the newest, I would choose it because it has some design features (shared with the Mariner) that give it an edge (in my opinion) over the other two.

Yes, I meant the newest of the three... and yes, you are entitled to your own opinion... I would still choose based on its "newest" ship status ;)

A~

Archived