How Long do You cruise?

Gbeman

What is your average cruise length?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. What is your average cruise length?

• 7 or less Days
    • 8 to 10 Days
    • 11 to 14 Days
    • Over 2 weeks

The current thread about how Captain's Circle counts points sparked my curiosity. Chris and I have only done 3, 7 day cruises. Each of those was due to other friends and family members time limits. We really consider 10 days a minimum and 14 or longer as better. (And we do feel VERY fortunate to be able to do that!) That being said , I figured out our average length of cruise and wonder what your averages are. For purposes of the poll, please combine days of b2b cruises and count as one. Our overall average is 11.2 days while a couple of b2b's make our average 12.9 days. How about you?

How about you?

Interesting...your post made me go back and do the math (I keep track of our cruises on a spreadsheet...how anal is that?) . On Princess we average 16 nights, and I thought that in total (which include many RC and Celebrity cruises) we might average less, because their itineraries are generally shorter, but, no, because of all our B2Bs, we average 16.5 nights overall.

My husband has pretty much decided that 23 nights is his limit; 29 nights were too many. I have done 30, 29, 28 and 23 nights (twice) and I haven't yet hit my limit.:D I do, however, find it difficult to be away from home and friends for more than about 4-5 weeks total.

My average is 10 - 14 days but that's mostly because I've taken my daughter on 7-day cruises over the holidays for the past several years. Most of my other cruises have been 14 - 15 day cruises with a 31-day cruise coming up in '08. The longer the better with more sea days is my ideal.

I just stay on until they throw me off!:D That is usually sometime between 9 - 14 days...would like to stay longer but haven't found a good enough place to hide in the cabin until the ship leaves again. :( Once I find a hiding place then I'll deal with what to do with the new folks getting on and planning to stay in my cabin with me!:eek:

Tom:)

Counting the B2Bs as one cruise our average is 20.33. Our longest planned in 37 days. We don't really like to do anything shorter than 12 days and then I have to add some pre-cruise and post-cruise land stays. I do have a couple of 7 days coming up next year to celebrate special occasions with friends.

After reading the comments, let me just say how envious I am of all of you. DW and I generally take the 7 dayers due to vacation limitations. She says that will end for a particular wedding anniversary when she's determined to take the 15 day Hawaii cruise (that might bump the average up to 8 days). Though I have to admit she doesn't have to twist my arm at all.

Just looking for ways to afford the longer cruises!

Again, jelous of you all. Maybe some day we too will be able to cruise as we wish.

Thanks for the thought provoking poll!

Most of our cruises are 7 days as they correspond with the days available during school breaks.

Now Christmas school break is longer than 7 days. So, this year we are doing a 10 day Panana Canal full transit cruise. Woo Hoo! ;)

Well let's see our current avg is 16.50 Days/Cruise , factor in our up coming 224 Days:eek: in 5 more Cruises (W/7 B2B) & our New Combined Avg will be in 5/08 32.22 Days/Cruise:eek: Of course the 58 Days & 108 Days really brings up the average;)

My Best!

Bill

(PS Will have over 300 Days & still NOT be Elite!:eek: )

Our first was a 4 night:eek: , now we don't even look at anything less than 7 days, wish our work and kids school schedules would allow for longer!!

We have done 11 nights, a 14 night (B2B) and booked for a 30 night which is 10 months away come Thanksgiving!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Don't know if I can wait that long so trying for the lottery!!!!!

Is "As long as possible" an answer? Okay, so I can't exactly say that I have a wealth of experience when it comes to cruising, but every cruise I have been on (so far) has been 10 days or more. As a teen I went on a 10 day HAL with my family, we did two 7 day back-to-backs a few years ago and our next one is a 14 day aboard the Sea. If I were to do a west coast Mexico cruise, or an Alaska from Vancouver I would be okay with 7 days because the travel time to the embarkation ports is so minimal for us, but if the travel time is extensive, to me it isn't worth it if the cruise is only a few days long.

I hope to do an Alaskan soon (seeing as I live in Vancouver) and we would love to do the Mediterranean. My parents are cruising around South America and Cape Horn in '08, and I can't wait to hear about that one; I have heard it is great.

We currently pick very port-intensive cruises, but in the future I can see myself choosing cruises that have more sea days (such as trans-Atlantic or Hawaiian cruises).

Archived