Don't Leave Home Without It (your TV, that is!)

LauraS

Your Picks for Onboard TV Channels  

913 members have voted

1. 1. Your Picks for Onboard TV Channels

• The Cartoon Network
    • Discovery Channel
    • The Food Network
    • Nickleodeon
    • The History Channel
    • The Learning Channel (TLC)
    • MTV/VH1
    • Turner Classic Movies
    • Bravo
    • QVC
    • Other ...please POST REPLY below with your choice

Hi Everyone !

I am in the Finance industry, so I would like to see a Financial channel such as CNBC, or Bloomberg TV added in the future.

It would be great if they also had any/all of the 3 major networks: CBS, NBC, ABC.

For those who don't like TV on a ship because you can do that at home.... that is your prerogative. But you breath at home too and still want to do it on the ship...just sayin. ;)

We like to keep up with the news and goings on in the world. Can you imagine if something like 9/11 happened while we were on the ship and had no television coverage to watch? We also enjoy sports. And then there are times we would just like to enjoy relaxing in bed, knowing we don't have to get up and go to work in the morning...so it would be nice to be able to watch a movie. That is something we don't usually take the time to do in our busy life, and it would be a treat for us. So our preferred channels are:

1) CNN 2) ESPN 3) HBO 4)Turner Classic Movies 5) Bravo

Happy Sailing to all!

~Denise~

Why the heck would anyone spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars traveling someplace to sit on a sofa and watch "American Idol"???

For all I care, they can rip the Dam TV off the desk so I can have more room for my souveniers, hors d'oervres & champagne bucket...

(...but go ahead and put it in the bathroom so I can watch the Bow-Cam while I'm taking my bubble bath!)

:D

I voted "other".

My TV addiction is second only to my Cruise Critic addiction (which is second to my chocolate addiction :D), but on a cruise I don't care to watch TV. Not only do I not want stations added, I want them removed. And while they're at it they can remove the TV, too.

I first cruised in the days when there were no TV's, newspapers, or even outside-line phones in the cabins. To call anywhere you had to go up to the radio room. We were completely cut off from the troubles of the world and could totally decompress.

It was grand.

You mean there's a TV in my cabin??? Never noticed...I guess that's the screen that shows my SeaPass bill.:eek: Seriously, I can't remember ever watching TV on a cruise, even if it meant skipping "my" programs. As it is, I watch too much when I'm home and should be doing other things.

Don't watch TV on cruises, but....since we're basketball fanatics, would love to have real time NCAA basketball or at least a news station that will give us up-to-date results when our cruises overlap bit sports events (how about ESPN US)

Being a Weather Freak, the Weather Channel, of course! I have never been able to rely on the Captain's Noon update and I want to see the storms we are sailing into! Now seriously, anyone who thinks that Fox is fair and unbiased needs to travel the world and see how lowly we are thought of because of the current administration!

Archived