Steward NOT Stewart or Stuart!!!

SakeDad

Well, I can't believe YOUR all acting this way! Can't you see it's TO difficult for some folks to utilize proper spelling? (I think if it were not for Aaron and Tori that many folks wouldn't know the word!) ;)

Shouldn't that be "TOO" in this case?:D :D

The first person we look for after barking the boat is our room stuart because we happen to like stewed prunes in our hut in the afternoon. Now, during our last cruise, we had a stuwardes but she had a brother, Stewart, who also was a stuart and well known for stewing prunes Indonesian style (they're called stewatoes). The problem arose after the mustard drill when we were looking for the stewed stewatoes from Stewart, the stuart, the brother of our stuwardes, Stacy. Never did find him:confused:

I certainly hope you complained on your comment card before you disenbowelled the boat!

While we're at it, mind if I comment the 13 vessels in HAL Fleet are ships.

A boat can fit on a ship. A ship cannot fit on a boat.

Sail,

You are right, of course. :)

However, in every classic movie made in the 30's and 40's (the Golden Age of trans-Atlantic travel) every passenger, and sometimes the crew, calls it a "boat".

I finally saw one 2 days ago where it was refered to as a "ship". I watch a lot of old movies and that is the only time I saw "ship" used.

Plus, I would guess the expression "Missing the Boat" probably started when oceanliners were commom and didn't refer to a rowboat.:)

Maybe for the HAL fleet, but there is a well known cruise line that calls (or at least did so in the past) their vessels "Love boats".

:) :D I don't care which cruise company.......

Those big vessels we board are ships. :)

Not a big deal, of course, but it's one of those things that I always notice.... when someone refers to an 85,000 ton vessel as a boat.:eek:

My Father's name is Stewart.

He don't think he likes Stewed Prunes as much as I.

If he likes you, you may call him Stu - but only if he says you may.

Don't complain because "Your Stewart" didn't clean your stateroom or change your sheets.

You'll make my mother jealous and it's not his job anyways.

(He doesn't do it at home for himself - Why whould he do it on vacation for you???)

If you do, you won't be calling him Stu...

Well, if we're going to be picky about it, "misspelt" is not a word. The correct word is "misspelled."

beachchick

fyi - according to the Oxford English Dictionary, misspelt or misspelled are both correct.

Gettiing a great kick out of this thread and enjoying the "tongue in cheek" responses. This could've gone completely in another direction!

Umm... my father was a naval architect at Electric Boat. To me, a boat is something that fits UNDER a ship.

Ah, I love it when Cursie Cirtic gives me my morning luagh!

I named my son Stuart. Have spent many years trying to help people spell his name right. He now works on cruise ships, but he's not a stewart.

Is he a consierge? Or a concirge, perhaps? Does he pilot the tandems?

In this age of cruising on those big boats with the wonderful, caring stewarts do any of you out there know why we still talk about the "ship sailed at++++ the ship sailed between____and____" Why do we still sail on a ship with none?:confused:

Um, yes. Just as the other large caps word should have been "YOU'RE." Get it?

Ah,,,,,,got it. I was cargiving Mom between posts and I missed the YOUR completely.

Now if a stewart were here to help me , I could spend more time carefully reading the posts!

I cannot believe in the very enlighting thread that 4 very famous people have not been mentioned.

First is Stewart would be Stewie Griffin which I am sure could whip those stewarts in to shape.

familyGuy__Stewie_para_72.jpg

The next three were what first came to mind:D

redir?src=image&clickedItemURN=http%3A%2F%2Fimagecache2.allposters.com%2Fimages%2Fpic%2FADVG%2F434%7EThree-Stooges-Dewey-Chetum-Howe-Posters.jpg&moduleId=image_details.jsp.M&clickedItemDescription=Image Details

I cannot believe in the very enlighting thread that 4 very famous people have not been mentioned.

First is Stewart would be Stewie Griffin which I am sure could whip those stewarts in to shape.

familyGuy__Stewie_para_72.jpg

The next three were what first came to mind:D

redir?src=image&clickedItemURN=http%3A%2F%2Fimagecache2.allposters.com%2Fimages%2Fpic%2FADVG%2F434%7EThree-Stooges-Dewey-Chetum-Howe-Posters.jpg&moduleId=image_details.jsp.M&clickedItemDescription=Image Details

Now Lisa ,

On my last cruise I had those last three guys as "dinning" room stewarts.

Just a word of advice, if they are ever assigned to your table.........Don't order Seltzer water or a cream pie :)

Hey youse All..Lay off !!! We cannt hilp it if we cannt speel..:rolleyes:

Afer all dis is a publik bored & all we shud care aboot is what time duz the boat leeve.. (wit me & yuse on it of coarse)

It dont mater what youse all call your dinning room stewarts, as long as it aint late for brekfass..But make sure you leeve a goot tip..

OK now-haw many of youse use the expreson-

"could care less" insteed of the rite expreson

"couldn't care less" Bet 50% of youse use the rong one..

An I steel say "Jist a minute" in spite of what me Momma seed it was!

Anyhue dats all fur tooday..Im seek an tirred of all youse mispellings..:(

Goin to call me stuart to make a good snootfull of wine befour diner..;)

Archived