Steward NOT Stewart or Stuart!!!

SakeDad

Sorry, but I have been reading MANY posts that have misspelt room/dining room/wine stewards....it is steward NOT stewart or stuart!! I realize spellcheck may not catch this and I was OK for the first 100 times I saw this but I can no longer keep silent!:mad: I am not trying to make anyone feel bad, just trying to get the PROPER spelling of the very special people that make our cruises so wonderful!!:D Sorry....it's a pet peeve:rolleyes:

Sorry, but I have been reading MANY posts that have misspelt room/dining room/wine stewards....it is steward NOT stewart or stuart!! I realize spellcheck may not catch this and I was OK for the first 100 times I saw this but I can no longer keep silent!:mad: I am not trying to make anyone feel bad, just trying to get the PROPER spelling of the very special people that make our cruises so wonderful!!:D Sorry....it's a pet peeve:rolleyes:

There are a number of us who spell it "Stewart" on purpose, you know. Just part of the fun of CC....

Clan Stuart, The Royal Dynasty of Scotland and England

My Bonnie lies o'er the ocean,

My Bonnie lies o'er the sea,

My Bonnie lies o'er the ocean,

O bring back My Bonnie to me.......

Get rid of those dastard Hanoverians!:eek:

(Methinks this thread is doomed, doomed to perdition......)

Plese check Community Guidelines.....

It is bad-bad-bad to say anything about the way someone spells....

Hope this helps.....

Irish Stew:p

Do you mean the dinning room stewarts? (The two misspellings have become somewhat of a CC joke. Some people can't spell, some can't type and the rest of us do it as a joke.)

I assume you have heard of the mustard drill before the ship leaves the dock...

Well, if we're going to be picky about it, "misspelt" is not a word. The correct word is "misspelled."

beachchick

You WIN!! I was wondering if anyone would catch that.:rolleyes:

As for the original topic I find it amazing and wonderful that there is a whole sub-culture of steward/stewart lovers here and that they are VERY aware of themselves! But I still would love to know the history of it all.

When we leave our cabin to go to the "dinning" room we let our "stewart" know in case he wants to get started doing our room.

After dinner we always take the stairs so we can "loose" a few pounds.

Bill

:D :D :D :p :D

I think it is "misspelled", but community guidelines say we can not correct speling errors. I have lots of them too.

I think it is "misspelled", but community guidelines say we can not correct speling errors. I have lots of them too.

I also have lots of typos. Heck I even forget words. After I post and see my response I can't help but wonder what i was thinking. My brain knew what I meant but my fingers didn't.:D

Bill

The first person we look for after barking the boat is our room stuart because we happen to like stewed prunes in our hut in the afternoon. Now, during our last cruise, we had a stuwardes but she had a brother, Stewart, who also was a stuart and well known for stewing prunes Indonesian style (they're called stewatoes). The problem arose after the mustard drill when we were looking for the stewed stewatoes from Stewart, the stuart, the brother of our stuwardes, Stacy. Never did find him:confused:

I am so used to stewart it doesn't even register. Neither does dinning room (place to have diner). But how does "crusie" happen? It happens all the time, too.

"Review of My Nordam Crusie"

all the time.

why?:confused:

Sorry, but I have been reading MANY posts that have misspelt

"misspelt"?? you are joking aren't you:rolleyes:

or maybe you're a trapper from the Yukon:eek:

you are, however, perfectly right; form is much more important than substance:)

I had a pet that kept peeving all over the carpet. Bothered me too.;)

The first person we look for after barking the boat is our room stuart because we happen to like stewed prunes in our hut in the afternoon. Now, during our last cruise, we had a stuwardes but she had a brother, Stewart, who also was a stuart and well known for stewing prunes Indonesian style (they're called stewatoes). The problem arose after the mustard drill when we were looking for the stewed stewatoes from Stewart, the stuart, the brother of our stuwardes, Stacy. Never did find him:confused:
ROFLMAO!!!!:D

Archived