Solstice news... (3 threads merged)

Senga

I was speaking with a Celebrity Cruises T.A. last night and was told that the itinerary/pricing will be released on June 21st with Captain Club members being offered a 2 week advance for booking prior to release to the general public. Everything is still under wraps; they have no concrete details but expect they may have information to share tomorrow.

Hi Everyone !

I called Captains Club, and they confirmed what Tromvest said. The first sailing will be 12/14/08, Eastern Caribbean. They had no other information, but said they heard the ship would be sailing out of Ft Lauderdale.

If that turns out to be the case, I will be on that sailing :)

Hi Everyone !

I called Captains Club, and they confirmed what Tromvest said. The first sailing will be 12/14/08, Eastern Caribbean. They had no other information, but said they heard the ship would be sailing out of Ft Lauderdale.

If that turns out to be the case, I will be on that sailing :)

Andy, I am just guessing...just guessing~the prices are going

to be sky high for a new sailing?:eek: :confused: Even If I wanted to try

such a large ship, it wouldn't be in the cards due to $$$.......

Too bad they probably won't do the same thing Royal did for Liberty and

give some longtimers a chance for a 2 nighter.....and that Liberty sailing

was all complimentary you know.

Andy, I am just guessing...just guessing~the prices are going

to be sky high for a new sailing?:eek: :confused: Even If I wanted to try

such a large ship, it wouldn't be in the cards due to $$$.......

Too bad they probably won't do the same thing Royal did for Liberty and

give some longtimers a chance for a 2 nighter.....and that Liberty sailing

was all complimentary you know.

Hi Lois !

No doubt the prices will be much higher than normal. I agree that it would be wonderful if Celebrity did a few shakedown sailings, and invited their best customers and TA's to preview the ship. I would be thrilled if I was asked to preview Solstice :)

As you said, RCI did this for Liberty, so lets "hope" Celebrity does the same thing for Solstice. It would be a smart move by Celebrity.

Well, it looks like lots of folks on here will be joining you

(from reading the other thread).

I am under the assumption an inside will be close to a grand

per person:eek:

WE won't find that out until May of 2008. Keep waiting

Hi Rick !

You are probably right about that. I only expect to hear about sailings from December 2008, through April 2009. That will likely be a TA sailing, (although she might be sailing empty without revenue passengers on the TA if Captains Club is right).... followed by her Caribbean season.

We will probably have to wait until May of 2008, to see what is in store for Solstice for May 2009 and beyond. The only thing I wonder is if Celebrity might throw out a tidbit, saying what is planned after her Caribbean season. We should have our answers on Monday.

I feel like a kid the night before my Birthday, waiting to see what my present is. I know.... I need help :)

Sad. All the Celebrity Slaggers are suddenly popping champagne corks while dancing in their underwear in the kitchen. (perhaps the den)

I, for one, am sticking to my guns and will not forget the way that Celebrity has treated its most loyal passengers in the past.

Therefore, I plan on boycotting Solstice. Of course, I also planned on losing 10 pounds, keeping my hair and not having 5 appetizers every night at dinner.

Any idea of the exact hour (OK, minute) that we can book?

I'll go back to slagging when I get back.

OK, so we'll be shelling outsome serious dough to sail on Solstice in early 2009. But here's what gripes me: why did X jerk us around so long, not revealing views of ship, deck plans, etc, as well as not mentioning debut date, itinerary and all that? Like no one knows what the ship will look like until it sails out of the shipyard?

Baloney! From the time the check has been signed, the company knows exactly what they're buying, right down to how everything will look. And pretty much where they'll use her (Europe, Caribbean, etc). So why keep loyal customers twisting in the wind?

yes I am upset! I would love to hear some news about her other then what has bee released. Do I think it is fair? No. do I understand their thinking? Yes. If I am right, this ship will not be like anything we have seen in the past. Will it fly? Of course not. But I do think celebrity does have some surprises up its sleeve. I am not like the average Celebrity guest. I do like the bigger ships. Not really into the climbing walls, malls, ice rinks and so on. But I do like to have a big ship to explore. Probably why I like the Summit. So here I am, in a holding pattern. I have looked at a few other cruises for 08 that look promising. But I will wait to see and hear more about the solstice. I have a feeling we will see some addition/changes to the dining venue. If it were me, I would like to see more specialty restaurants to choose from. Ok, enough ramblings. Just give us some info!!:)

I hope they take Azamara's lead and offer some form of anytime dining. And stranger things have happened, and they might release more dates for Solstice since the window for booking is so small. Stranger things have happened.

Oh and we would love laundry facilities for those longer cruises.

Archived