NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

On 5/4/2023 at 5:48 AM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

No way of knowing.

Man, I pulled the trigger and applied last month to get the 20k points offer. I just clicked through the ad on the NCL app and it looks like they're offering the 25k again (of course). I wonder if my chances of calling and getting the extra 5k would be zero. haha

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mrfeeto said:

Man, I pulled the trigger and applied last month to get the 20k points offer. I just clicked through the ad on the NCL app and it looks like they're offering the 25k again (of course). I wonder if my chances of calling and getting the extra 5k would be zero. haha

Yes, we got the 25K Offer yesterday!

• Like 1

I understand using a statement credit instead of purchasing onboard credit with points, but do not see mention of that anywhere in the terms of my new account.  The Royal Caribbean card, also with Bank of America, does not have that option.  Where is this information located please?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shoptom said:

I understand using a statement credit instead of purchasing onboard credit with points, but do not see mention of that anywhere in the terms of my new account.  The Royal Caribbean card, also with Bank of America, does not have that option.  Where is this information located please?

Go to your account.  
Beneath the amount of points there is verbage like “click here to redeem”

It will show you a window with choices earn or redeem, click redeem.

You  will have three choices in the next window, gift cards, travel, and cash.
Click on cash.  There you can choose a drop down menu that will be statement credit or check.

it has changed over time.  It used to show you all the options on the first redemption box, but some programmer decided it would be cute to make it multiple steps rather than one user friendly option.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jwp1963 said:

If you already have the card is there any way to use it somehow to get these signup point?

When you originally signed-up for the card, any bonus points available at that time should have been applied to your account. There are expiration dates for the use of all points.

Perhaps you need to log into your card's account and verify any that you might have.

Otherwise, if you want the new offer, you would need to apply for another card account.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Desert_ Dweller said:

How far in advance should  I  redeem points for onboard credit.  Does it have to be done a certain number of days before sail date ?

I think they say at least 2 weeks before but that doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule. On the other side, you don't have to wait to request it, I've done it more than a year in advance.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Desert_ Dweller said:

How far in advance should  I  redeem points for onboard credit.  Does it have to be done a certain number of days before sail date ?

But better yet, charge the things you want to use the OBC for to get the triple points and then request a statement credit to pay off the charges. This way you earn points on your charges and still have the same amount to not have to pay.

• Like 4

When do the triple points as "triple" on the BOA site?  For clarity, I made final payment of $5,015 on 9/13 for my January cruise.  My pending points show as 5015.  There is nothing in the bonus points.  I assume that there should be an additional 10,030 points in bonus coming.   Will this only happen when the statement cuts or should those already show?

I hope this makes sense!  (Migraine brain fog is no joke!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nhtravels said:

When do the triple points as "triple" on the BOA site?  For clarity, I made final payment of $5,015 on 9/13 for my January cruise.  My pending points show as 5015.  There is nothing in the bonus points.  I assume that there should be an additional 10,030 points in bonus coming.   Will this only happen when the statement cuts or should those already show?

I hope this makes sense!  (Migraine brain fog is no joke!)

When the cycle closes. 

Just for clarification....your charge reads NCL?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadygap said:

How long are points good for?  I see people saying they expire.  When do they expire?

I logged into my account.  This is what I found by going to the Rewards Summary.

This is a table of your WorldPoints® and the month they may expire. The table includes the next 24 expiration events. Be sure to redeem your WorldPoints® before they expire.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 5:31 PM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Go to your account.  
Beneath the amount of points there is verbage like “click here to redeem”

It will show you a window with choices earn or redeem, click redeem.

You  will have three choices in the next window, gift cards, travel, and cash.
Click on cash.  There you can choose a drop down menu that will be statement credit or check.

it has changed over time.  It used to show you all the options on the first redemption box, but some programmer decided it would be cute to make it multiple steps rather than one user friendly option.

I see what you are saying but don't see an option to apply your credit to a cruise as OBC.  I would like to have mine put to OBC on a future cruise I am already booked on.  Can you do that?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fun_one said:

I see what you are saying but don't see an option to apply your credit to a cruise as OBC.  I would like to have mine put to OBC on a future cruise I am already booked on.  Can you do that?

Okay, they’ve changed  the site since I looked at it last, which I rarely do because I never ever use points for OBC, you leave too much money on the table.  But, here’s how to do OBC.

Click on the rewards tab.

next to the box with your point balance is a photo on the right side with a beach or ship or some other pretty picture, it changes from time to time, and says something like redeem points.  Click there.

You will see the option for OBC. 
Click that and you choose how many points you want to redeem.

But as someone else said, you’d do better to use your card onboard and get triple points, then when your statement comes use points for a statement credit.when you use points for OBC you lose the ability to earn those triple points.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom
  • Like 2

Thank you for that explanation!  What you say makes perfect sense.  We want to purchase the PLUS drink package but wanted to wait to do that onboard so that would make sense to just charge it to the NCL card and then when I get home, trade in the points for a credit to the card.  Thank you again.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been posted, but onboard the Encore they had the 25k point offer + $25 OBC for being approved. I signed up at the CruiseNext desk.

The other nice part is they can get an instant issue card number and use it for our onboard spending.

Edited by boxedmoon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2