Hump cabin question on the Freedom of the Seas

I'm looking at cabin 6636 on the hump of the Freedom. I've never been on the hump and know some cabins aren't good because you can't see the other side if the other side is sticking out.

Does anyone know about this cabin or one on a hump that would be located to the one that sticks out the farthest?

I have to book it tomorrow. All the good cabins are taken pretty much since I'm waiting so long to book.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

The hump really doesn't "obstruct" your view at all. True, you will not be able to see either the very front or very back of the ship (depending on which side of the hump you're on) but you will still have a full field of view of the ocean! You don't really need to see the bow of the ship, unless YOU are driving!!!!!!

The main reason for a "hump' cabin is the location/convenience!

We also have a "Hump" cabin on the Freedom. 8336. We have stayed in a "Hump" cabin on 3 of the Voyager class ships. They are great to have because you can see all the way to the right and all the way to the left. But you really need to be in 6638 or 6640. They stick out the farthest from the ship. So you will get a better view. I am not sure if the jacuzzi thing sticks out on that level or not. Good question to ask? Hmm, I have to check that out now as my husband and I are on deck 8 and not sure what deck the jacuzzi sticks out on. I will look at photos on webshots to see if I can figure that out. Or on You tube and watch a video. Happy cruisin........:cool:

The life boats are usually hanging up on deck 4 so when you do the lifeboat drill they are above you tucked in. I don't recall them sticking out the side of the ship. I am going to have to review some videos that I have taken on previous cruises. Also, on deck 4 if you walk up the stairs you will find the helicopter pad. It is great to see the islands as you pull up to them or when you are leaving if the ship is faced towards the island. You don't have the glass banister thing blocking your view. I am hoping it is set up the same way on Freedom. I am looking at Royal Caribbean's brochure page 84-85 it has the deck plans. Also, I think you can type in Freedomoftheseas.com and I think it has some neat things to look at about the ship.:cool:

Thanks so much! I'm booking that cabin! My agent isn't in til tomorrow, so I'll hold it with royal and transfer it tomorrow. Don't want to lose it.

Went on the Mariner twice, so I'm anxious to try the Freedom.

Now the count down begins....:(

• 3 months later...
I had 9642 on Freedom, and it's an awesome room . Great location. I wouldn't pass it up !

Hi, We're in 9642 on Freedom next year, glad you thought it was good, I jumped at the chance when I saw it available to book.

• 4 years later...

We had 6636 on the Independence and loved it. Not quite central hump but still a fantastic view forward and aft.

Location was fabulous, right next to the stairwell and elevators, but no noise.

View straight down was to the water as the cabin is set over the top of the lifeboats... here's a picture I took from the tender in Cannes...

<a href=6974057501_3966a3a20f_b.jpg' alt='697405

I wouldn't hesitate to book this cabin again.

And don't forget if you don't have a hump balcony you still cant see all the way forward or aft (depending on where your balcony is) because the hump will hinder your view;). So a hump cabin is a no brainer, we had 6632 and 6634 and they were fantastic, and no the life boats don't block your view at all, they are tucked in:D

I can't remember if the lifeboats are fully tucked on FOS or not, but on Oasis they stick out a little bit. The hump balconies stick out a bit further than the boats, so you get a better view, and there are no boats under the aft hump. I was on the forward part of the hump in Sept on deck 7 (IIRC) and I remember really enjoying the view.

The nice thing about deck 6, is no one is below you, so you can look straight down without feeling like you are spying on the people below. I like watching the water interface with the hull, so I find this to be a nice perk.

Edit: Based on this image, it looks like the hump is well outside of the life boats:

Freedom_of_the_Seas_7th_voyage.jpg

Edited by OSUZorba

Here is a picture looking down from our balcony on 9 [9656 -just aft of hump port side]. No boats, but you can see the wooden deck where the promenade bows out around the MDR [one of my favorite places on any ship].

DSC00363.jpg

Here is one looking down and forward toward the hump.

DSC00242_zps141c51dd.jpg

We were on a 2 week TA. We loved the cabin.

Edited by mjldvlks

• 3 years later...
6632 on Freedom of the seas is it a considered a hump ? Now is there any obstruction in having this cabin?

Yes, it's the most forward stateroom on the hump. The view directly aft would be slightly obscured by the other hump staterooms.

We always book the hump cabins since reading about them on here several years ago. We prefer one of the more central cabins on the hump if we can get it. The view is great and there is a degree more privacy. We always get deck 6 hump cabins. We like the location for a few reasons.

Near the elevators & stairs. Never noticed a noise issue.

We walk down one flight to the promenade & dining. We only use the elevators for going up or down more than three decks. One of our favorite inside areas is the champagne bar (now the R Bar) and it is just a short walk down the stairs.

We are close enough to the ocean to see dolphins and flying fish clearly.

• Like 1

Hi,

Had 6636, 6638, 6640 dozens of times on

Liberty and Indy...great location, near elevators,

just above Champagne Bar, great views from

balconies. Convenient.

Also, note that the port-side aft elevators are the only ones

that go to deck 14, Diamond Lounge/Royal Crown Lounge.

Convenient.

Overall, great location on any Freedom class ship.

Don't tell anybody else though. :cool:

We've booked JS #9638 for a B2B on Freedom...we've been in this cabin before on Indy & Liberty and loved it so when the itinerary was released for the southern caribbean we grabbed it :D

We've booked JS #9638 for a B2B on Freedom...we've been in this cabin before on Indy & Liberty and loved it so when the itinerary was released for the southern caribbean we grabbed it :D

Just back from a six day Caribbean cruise and we had 9638 on the Freedom-the best and quietest room ever-loved how you could see up and down the ship. We had similar JS on Liberty a couple of years ago-loved the room but not being able to see the length of the ship-Love 9638

Yes, it's the most forward stateroom on the hump. The view directly aft would be slightly obscured by the other hump staterooms.

Thank you are these balconies bigger or can you tell me what's good about the hump cabins

Thank you are these balconies bigger or can you tell me what's good about the hump cabins

Balconies on the hump on this class of ship are the same size as other non-hump side-facing balconies in the same stateroom category.

People like the hump for the more dramatic view from the balcony and convenient location close to the stairs and elevators.

Hi,

Had 6636, 6638, 6640 dozens of times on

Liberty and Indy...great location, near elevators,

just above Champagne Bar, great views from

balconies. Convenient.

We have these three exact cabins booked for our Liberty cruise in January, except being on deck 8. Looks like we did good.